[server update] New features

Mompsu
Big Poster

Re: [server update] New features

Post by Mompsu » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 pm

About the resetting.. no idea why it was too much for SCE to keep @ each of profile, this button?

But about too many nicks.. me personally dont care of it anymore,, my fun it broke down
about that. Keeping more touch with a peeps who I can meet right over the corner for a beer, and not with
imaginary Loveys*Pards.. well. been a part of HW since 11 years also, so less passion left about..

But can imagine, that to lose an option to make so many nicks as you like, depends of your moods, etc,, could
b painful for the new, payfull customers. Or who knows..?

And. Im glad, that still can keep the good ole Lobby & rooms.. the try of new version drived me crayzeeehhhh & sick !! !!
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Lol @ imaginary loveys pards. THAT could be a whole discussion thread to itself. Maybe even a category.

:lol:
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 am

I don't claim to speak read or write German but I think mompso is using a online translater cause that English is awful.
This is how my english translated to German looks to a German speaking person.

Wenn ich in Englisch zu schreiben und dann haben sie ins Deutsche übersetzt es ändert nichts an der Struktur der Sprache und macht die übersetzte Sprache aussehen völlig falsch. Aber verstehen Sie mich nicht falsch, ich weiß nicht, wie man auf Deutsch zu schreiben, und ich bin mit einem Übersetzer und diese deutsche aussehen wird alles falsch zu Ihnen.

This is what it says in english.

When I write in English and then have it translated to German it does not change the language structure and makes the translated language look completely wrong. But don't get me wrong I don't know how to write in German and I am using a translater and this German will look all wrong to you.
Last edited by U.S. Marshall on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:50 am

I have used Babelfish.... yes, sometimes the results are downright funny and other times just confusing.

But the topic of imaginary lovey pards still seems like an interesting thread group. :lol:
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 am

My imaginary lovey pard is 36-20-34

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Do I understand this right? The "dislike" feature only blocks the "one nic" so they can switch nics and come back and sandbag you.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Yes thats right Allen, I hope they change it and the ignore to work for a entire account

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Well Marshall..

This Thread isnot about my english knowledge, nor about yours in german. If there is something
you dont understand, then your free to PM me. and its my choice of course, to answer you or not.

My 2 Cents on your *smart lines* ..
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:32 pm

I was not trying to be mean Mompsu, I was just pointing out that your posts were hard to understand to english speaking people. I love Germany I spent a year and a 1/2 in Nuremburg and had a great time there. Don't start thinking that I hate you or Germany because I do Not.

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Jonas, you need to go back and fix the "DISLIKE" option. It doesn't work. I was hosting a game and someone on my dislike list joined. I had to do it the old fastion way and just kick him.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:41 pm

are you sure it was that exact user, or one of thier other accounts.

So far you're the 1st report of such a thing.

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes it was that exact user. In fact, after I kicked him I went to the lobby list to make sure he was listed as a dislike and he was.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 pm

I know programming and such takes time and has bugs when implenting. But could the reset thing at least be changed where a person has to play at least 100 games before resetting. So many reset every few games that they never figure out that they can get their own rating back up by playing and don't have to get established again, although some folks reset so much that they are never established.