BG Turner sad news

sandbar
Guide

BG Turner sad news

Post by sandbar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Sad news, one of our all time biggest hearted, nicest guys in Hardwood, died in April of this year, he was also a guide. His wife called in to Hearts to let us know. His name in the obituaries is under Robert John Turner
BG Turner will be sadly missed, our thoughts and prayers go to his family in this sad loss.
http://www.ells.ca/obituaries

jondalar
Active Poster

Re: BG Turner sad news

Post by jondalar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 pm

This is very sad news :( He was a nice guy and a good and fair guide.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:10 pm

bgtrnr was a great person and a super nice guide. Sandy told me a story about him playing in hearts and I think she should tell that story here as it made me laugh. It is always good to remember people in a light hearted way.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm

I smile when I remember the time he got zapped and hauled over the coals by a guide (he was in a green nic at the time I think) talking about condoms in the lobby, :lol: :lol: next thing he comes in to guide forum yelling CONDOMS CONDOMS CONDOMS!! what's wrong with condoms!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He was a genuine person, and I had a lot of time for him.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 am

John was a friend I met here, we talked many times about boats and the sea. I wish I had the time to visit him on his boat one day, maybe in the next life.

"I live on the sea and she is my life and when I leave she will claim me..."

John may the waves be kind and take you where the sails are full, the seas rolling, the fish plentiful and the sky is full of light...

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:31 pm

I don't have the words. Bg was a close friend of mine, we talked in the lobbies, in the forums and on the phone. I have a whale that he carved for me, and I will cherish that piece of artwork always. John and I both thought the world of him and I will never forget what a great guy he was and how much I admired him. He was just a Hardwood Hearts Icon IMHO and one hell of a hearts singles player. I played many a game with that guy and he was hilarious! Always a good time and smile in the games BG was in. My gosh I will miss that man.