Serial offenders

Maverick UK
Noob

Serial offenders

Post by Maverick UK » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 am

I fail to understand how players whom are constantly reported for cheating still manage to be rated
I know the administrators seem to frown on cheat claims but surely forget about the money,serial cheats,and you know who they are,should either have Ip address lifetime bans or be named and shamed in a new list.
Im sure the majority would relish checking out the top 100 most wanted :)

YorkshireRose

Re: Serial offenders

Post by YorkshireRose » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:03 am

I would I would .... they need to stopped at any cost and offenders are named in the newspapers why not here??

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 am

I HAVE NEARLY REACHED THE CONCLUSION THAT THE 2 CHEATERS MUST OWN A INTEREST IN hARDWOOD, HOW ELSE DO THEY CONTINUE TO PLAY AND BLATANTLY CHEAT. ( P.S. The damn Caps lock was on and I didn't look up until I was done typing that and didn't want to type it again, lol )

Stefan

Re: Cheats

Post by Stefan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 pm

I agree we may have some cheaters, but we also have some very good players, & I have been in a game when a fellow member as called a player in the game a cheat, but I know that player is not a cheat but a member who gets up set at being passed the Queen then being pulled for it, that makes them lose the will to win, along with the determination to make sure the person who was Pass & Pulling coming last. So when that player gives the JOD away to another player they assume they are cheating not realising they have simply up set them with their play. Now Pass & Pulling to me does not up set me every one as their own way of playing, all you can do is play the best you can with what ever cards you have after the pass. (OpenPerson)

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am

The offenders got into a game with me with new nics and then repeatably kept inviting me to another game. Frezart and Hail, I was Henry_Ford

Server: Hail To The King invited you to join game 6.
* Server: Hail To The King invited you to join game 6.
* Server: You are now ignoring invite boxes.
[37] stresnuts: duchess i meant

Frezart: Easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
TXJohn Slaughter: lol
[37] stresnuts: ewwwwww
Frezart: Henry_Ford
Frezart: get tricked u poor
Frezart: i know u r going to leave and re-join

Frezart: the amazing thing is my purpose happend exactly
Frezart: i said i dont want points. just to make Marshall lose
Frezart: and really happend !!!!!!!11111111
Henry_Ford: It is very had to win against someone that can see both hands in a pards game

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 am

Sad thing is you're probably going to get into trouble for posting this for displaying their nics while the cheating jerks will get away with cheating and their abusive nature.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Oh well all of us that have been reporting them for years now are past the point of caring about some rules when others are blatantly being broken.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I know it cannot possibly be true, but you have to know that there are those who think SCE prefers the cheaters over those who want to play for fun, and I have heard people express such a thought. I just hope they start to prove otherwise as new players come in on their Android and iOS devices on version 2 since SCE is banking on this technology trend to provide an ongoing revenue stream for them (version 1 clients won't be ported to these new platforms and devices even if the v1 client lives on in the PC world). These cheating jerks paid their $20 ten years ago, so who is it that butter's Silver Creek's bread?

Just food for thought.....
-Brian

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

8] Master 0F_Hearts: do u remeber Frezart Henry
WINTER TYME: HIYA SANDY! HUGGGS!
Sandbar: Huggssss Sue
WINTER TYME:
[8] Master 0F_Hearts: he scored a lose to u
Henry_Ford: sure do glad you confirmed that for me

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Maybe a mass desertion. If SCE won't do anything about the known cheaters and just harass the people who call them out, Silver Creek won't end with a bang but a whimper.
-Brian

Wendywoo
Noob

Post by Wendywoo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Obviously I wasn't present at this game, but Beaupetard calls everyone cheaters.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes he does wendy, but in this case it is true. It is getting so out of hand that it is disrupting the lobby all the time because so many know that they are cheating and nothing is done about it. I have seriously thought about getting as many people as possible to just start swearing non stop in the lobby to get tons of silenceing actions turned in just to try to draw attention to this, But it would probably just get good people banned and the cheaters would go right on cheating.

ceshiwuhao

Post by ceshiwuhao » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

So when that player gives the JOD away to another player they assume they are cheating not realising they have simply up set them with their play.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

Giants,

I don't know you or your kids or their ages or social level, so please don't take this as parenting advice.... my response here is general in nature.

I really think SCE is much too easy on known cheaters as there is some low-hanging fruit they can pick without taking chances on going overboard and punishing the innocent players who just get a accused of cheating. A number of folks feel pretty strongly about this and so your reaction is quite understandable.

However, no matter what action SCE takes against the worst offenders, you will always have people who cheat on any online game site or even in real life situations. Unfortunately, when interacting with people, you will encounter those who don't hold to the highest standards of integrity and fairness. I think you realize that you probably cannot permit your children to play on any online site and avoid having them play against people who will expose them to any number of problems such as cheating, foul language, and other behaviours which you may feel your children should not yet be exposed to. I don't believe SCE is any less family-friendly than other online game forums even though I think there are things they can do better.

When deciding if one's children should play on SilverCreek, the question is more are they ready to play online games on any site? The vast majority of players here come to play for fun or competitive spirit in a manner of sportsmanship. The chance encounter with a cheater can be an educational experience as children do grow up and live in the real world where not everyone plays by the rules. This is a valuable lesson that everyone should learn at some point in their development.

Again, that's your call to make as to when your children are ready for that lesson, and perhaps now is not the time. While children aren't immune from experiencing cheating by other children, it's somehow worse when an adult acts that way, so I do not criticize your decision. I just don't think SCE is worse about this than most other online game sites other than not taking a stand against the worst offenders.
-Brian

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 pm

who is Giants? What is that last post about?