Serial offenders

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Serial offenders

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am

Making insults old mama is not cool and not here to represent anyone, just the facts as they are that none of the guides can make a judgement on cheating nor will I express here on any individual. If you want to get mad at SCE go for it.

JUST DUST

PS - you are responsible for what your children are ab;le to view or use on the Internet not me or anyone else here. I watch my kids not yours.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm

PS - you are responsible for what your children are ab;le to view or use on the Internet not me or anyone else here. I watch my kids not yours.
Exactly what Dust said, we aren't babysitters, although some days I feel like one, you banned your teenagers? from playing cards? what next :roll: ............are you telling me that out of the hundreds that play in HH, there wasn't one other person they could have played with?

I myself play Hearts daily, and I've yet to come across any player that I will not play against.
Leaderboard? I could care less where I am on it, and yes, I do have some high rated nics.

I would be far more concerned about my kids reading some of the trash players say and call each other in games.........which we handle as best we can, so at least SOME of you can play without the constant drip drip drip of complaints about something, we as guides cannot do anything about.
Stop whining about something in here that is only under admins control and nothing we can do anything about, at the moment this thread seems more a 'guide' bashing thread hidden under the guise of cheating.

Oh? and Mama? tell your 'kids' I will be more than happy to have a few games with them if they would like ....

8)

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 pm

My opinion is that the statement that the cheaters have to admit to cheating is the most ridiculous inane comment I have ever heard. Lets say that 1 of Dusts children was molested by some pervert and the criminal justice systen said that the only way that they could be prosecuted was if they admitted that they had indeed did what they were accused of. I suspect that Dust and every other Parent would turn vigilante and serve Justice and I would be right there helping Dust.

There is plenty of evidence watch the damn reported games ADMIN.

Old Mama1999
Noob

Post by Old Mama1999 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Dust In The Wind wrote: PS - you are responsible for what your children are ab;le to view or use on the Internet not me or anyone else here. I watch my kids not yours. .
sandbar wrote:Exactly what Dust said, we aren't babysitters, although some days I feel like one, you banned your teenagers? from playing cards? what next :roll: ............are you telling me that out of the hundreds that play in HH, there wasn't one other person they could have played with?
I myself play Hearts daily, and I've yet to come across any player that I will not play against.
I would be far more concerned about my kids reading some of the trash players say and call each other in games.........which we handle as best we can, so at least SOME of you can play without the constant drip drip drip of complaints about something, we as guides cannot do anything about.
Stop whining about something in here that is only under admins control and nothing we can do anything about, at the moment this thread seems more a 'guide' bashing thread hidden under the guise of cheating.

Oh? and Mama? tell your 'kids' I will be more than happy to have a few games with them if they would like ....
Sandbar and Dust In The Wind thank you so much on confirming that my decision to block the account of my kids was the only right decision.
Last edited by Old Mama1999 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Post mortem: this discussion should never have been non-cheating players against guides or vice versa. The fact that this happened or at least was perceived to be so means we did not get anywhere towards solving the problem.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:52 pm

The problem is with Admin taking the stance that a criminal has to admit to cheating is whats wrong,the cheats that we know must own the game is the only possible reason why they continue to play and cheat so blatantly that a caveman could see it.

psunuke
Active Poster

Post by psunuke » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Just a couple of cents from someone who feels your pain. I tried to fight the same good fight you have years ago, probably 7 or so now when some of the same things (and I believe by the same people) were happening. I had a list of nics where the highest (2000+) would play w/1800/1900 pard (single or partner game). That same player would get propped p by 1700 and so on and so forth . . These nics were ALWAYS in the same game. I could go in and watch the games to get game logs, identify the blatant jack pass to low or the singles game partner eating queen on purpose to save the higher nic then report. I did this for months and months. . . . I don't know if anything came of it though. I sent in the gamelog id's through reports, etc.

I also agree that is is quite ridiculous to think that the ONLY way to have proof someone is cheating is to have the cheater admit guilt. Just as it was said if our justice system (or any since we don't all have the same one) only punished criminals who admitted guilt we'd not have a need for many prisons.

Sure, I don't think it should be taken lightly as I've been called a cheat thousands of times, but I feel that anyone objectively looking and the gamelogs will NOT ever see me cheating unless they are out to get me and I don't worry about it for that reason even if we did punish cheaters. I am certain that cheating can be "proven" to such a small probability in these outlier cases that it is in effect such a small probability that a mistake is being made that is is negligible. In that case the person should then explain how they make these plays and why . . . get some Q and A session maybe they can explain why they'd pass the jack to low in a singles game and eat queen and withhold hitting low (when they are not just withholding to save from taking pts). Even if there were some "expert" rotating judges who could come up w/a vote, not some sort of club where people could vote out those they didn't like, that's why I think it should be a rotating thing or random from a fairly large list. Of course you'd have to be able to understand the game quite a bit but I think that we have enough players here that could adequately serve that purpose. . . . . I don't even know why I'm writing this now though, just bringing up the old frustrated feelings when nothing was done before.

-Mike

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I am with ya Mike, It seems that some solution could be agreed upon if the offending players do not in fact own silvercreek of hardwood. I personally think that they had to have bought the site there is no other explanation why this blatant cheating has been allowed to go on for years now.