Serial offenders

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Serial offenders

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm

It was there.... SCE must have removed it and I don't know why. In a nutshell she said she disabled her children's accounts because SCE won't do anything about cheaters.

Since my post still stands, it's odd hers was removed since mine basically addressed her points.

Dunno!
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Old Mama1999
Noob

Post by Old Mama1999 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 am

My kids play here too so I was interested in that posts from Giants. Where did it go?

Giants15
Noob

Post by Giants15 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 am

Deleted
Last edited by Giants15 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 am

Giants15 said:

"Sorry guys my post and my repost to brian didn't met SCE security standards and got deleted by admin."

The post you made including the message from admin said it contained links to illegal or pirated software. I didn't see any links at all in your post or your profile, though. If your had/have any, they are blocked by the proxy server I am viewing this through. If you never had any external links in your post or profile, then I have no idea what that's about.
-Brian

Giants15
Noob

Post by Giants15 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 am

Deleted
Last edited by Giants15 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:19 am

As you all know, or should know by now, guides are unable to replay any games where accusations of cheating is involved.

Any reports we (the guides) have, towards any cheating, is also reported to Jonas, they are NOT deleted.

All reports go to Jonas who then takes any action when necessary.

Don't shoot the messenger, we (the guides )try and do as much as we can about any accusations of cheating on the site.
If you think you know who MIGHT be doing it, why do you join their games??
It's simple...........DON'T JOIN THEIR GAMES.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 am

No its not and you know that Sandy, Yesterday the same 2 ( I can tell its them very soon after a game starts because they' always make the same comments when they make 1 of their amazing plays) joined my game with nics I didn't know and proceeded to completely dominate the game, Its easy when you can see 2 hands. I didn't report it because nothing ever gets done, I have given up on reporting. Its just a joke anymore how HW enforces rules like saying somebodys cheating in the lobby will get you warned or silenced but actually cheating is perfectly OK.

Giants15
Noob

Post by Giants15 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 am

Deleted
Last edited by Giants15 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 am

None of the guides can delete or edit posts in here other than the ones they post, that is done by the Administration and their staff. The same goes for "cheaters" guides do not have the authority to administer any punishment to any accused "Cheaters". It is against the rules to accuse players in the lobby of such acts. Sending in "proof" by sending in chat is not enough, You have to send in game ID with admission in the chat and because it is on the server it can be verified. Unless they come right out and say they are cheating it is pretty much impossible to prove they are cheating beyond a doubt.

So if you want to catch them with proof, get them (not a cloned nic) to admit they are cheating and report the game by game ID. It is still up to admin to decide if it is enough proof.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

According to administration is not our job.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

Amen, kroebi.

You've done everything you were supposed to do according to what Dust said, and as you said, nothing happened. So what more can you do but break every rule to call them out and create an uprising of support from the ranks of paying members (including version 2 players who represent incoming revenue as opposed to version 1 players who paid once already)?

I think Dust and other guides have their hands tied as to what they can do, so they are caught in the middle and are powerless to do any more than they have already done (especially guides who wrote into admin confirming the cheating allegation). What more can they do but tell you not to play known cheaters (barring that known cheaters still create unlimited nics), and to enforce the rules so the lobby doesn't deteriorate into a place no one wants to play at?

And what more can be said on message boards than has already been said that admin won't take to heart? I know it's impossible generally to prove cheating. Admission of cheating is hard to come by from a real cheater, and perhaps people who didn't cheat will say in a game "yeah, I cheated" when accused, so probably innocent people already get banned while real criminals go on cheating? This pattern of behaviour goes on and on and seems like the least SCE admins can do is just deal with Mubarak and Saif. Downside is maybe these 2 would join Al Qaeda if they can't play on Hardwood so perhaps there is reason for keeping them here.

Lots of suggestions have been made on IdeaScale to also help fight against cheating and they seem easy and safe to deploy without ruining the site for everyone and for controlling our ability to play games to the exclusion of those WE believe to be known cheaters. These ideas include limiting the number of nics even v1 players have, having the like/dislike/ignore features be linked to the account, not the nic, etc. Some way to prevent cheaters from using site features to pull the stunts that keep them going here will go a long way to restoring faith in the commitment to family friendliness.
-Brian

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 am

Also once again the nic you have quoted there is not Master Of Hearts. not the real one anyways and they can tell by account. Having someone make a name and then pose as them to admit they are cheating is not going to fly...

JUST DUST

PS - I know this because I just took that nic as an imposture

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 am

I don't remember calling out any specific nics, and I assume those in the know already have figured out all nics related to the cheating account holders (those owned by Mubarak and Saif).
-Brian

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:32 am

kroebi did, what is being stated by her is not true but that doesn't matter, they will not take copied chat since it can be modified but if you reference direct chat IE from a specific game they can pull the chat as written off the server and associate it to the proper account and apparently the ruse to make a nic that was similar admitting to cheating didn't work.... why nothing was done.... besides it is SCE's choice not any one players choice and certainly not any guides choice.

JUST DUST

Giants15
Noob

Post by Giants15 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Giants15 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.