New rating system

Maverick UK
Noob

New rating system

Post by Maverick UK » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 am

I know it will take time,effort and patience but do you not think it is about time points awarded should be based on the skill level of cards played ?
Let me explain,if you constantly dump high Queen Spades on players when you have hand full of spades yourself or if you avoid playing cards to players because they are friends or additional accounts then this could be construde as poor or bad play therefore the points awarded at the end of the game would reflect on this.
Silvercreek have the ability to run every scenario and allocate skill points for every hand or instance bought about.
This in my opinion would punish poor players and players that play the game just to aggrivate or steal points from opponants that are probably better stratigists and / or more accomplished game players.
I personally thing the rating system is very poorly run with the same names constantly in the top 50 or so in the table.
A few deserve to be there but I feel the majority do not...Make the ratings fairer and punish those that tag team in singles games and of course the exclusive ones that have to win by ANY means possible.Honest or not !

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: New rating system

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am

I think that would be a lot harder to do than you realise( woohoo no caps lock this time) If I am low I will pnp or hold the queen to dump on high if I can put high out and win the game, a new rating system like you are proposing would dock points from me for trying to win the game.

Maverick UK
Noob

Re: New rating system

Post by Maverick UK » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 am

Hmmmm I disagree Bryan,
Hardwood could take every game scenario into account and if you played the game how it should be played you would acquire,or lose, the skill points appropiate to your play.
In an ideal world this would work,but like you said it would be difficult as there must be many thousands of game scenarios and probably not worth a programmers time :(