scoring system

AllenT
Noob

scoring system

Post by AllenT » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Why is it that when a player who is in 4th place won't finnish a game and gets kicked by a guide, 3rd place loses a bunch of points just like he finnished 4th. I tried to explain this to DUST IN THE WIND but all he could do is give me a warning. I guess the guides are not there for help afterall. Only to flex their muscles.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: scoring system

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 am

Well you are right If the losing seat is botted 3rd does lose points for 4th place and it is frustrating to all of us. I would imagine Dust only warned you because you were arguing with him in the lobby or he told you to file a report because he couldn't do anything about it and you kept going on about it.

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 am

The way it went is that I informed Dust that by booting the 4th place player that I got screwed out of points. Dust then sent me a warning then insulted me by saying it was my poor play skills that made me lose so many points. I tried to explain to him what happens in these situations and once again I got another warning and insult. Rather than argue with an idiot I just left the room.

Wendywoo
Noob

Post by Wendywoo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Unfortunately you spoke to the wrong guide, this particular guide you can't reason with, he just hits the silence button all the time.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

For one I was aksed to remove the player who was stalling and did so because he WAS stalling on last card.

The result of you getting more point taken was result of that player being booted and you being in 3rd at the time which would have resuled in you taking 3rd either way. You brought it to the lobby which I told you that I was asked to remove the player and resulting point taken are not something I can do anything about. You continued to press the point of which I can not do anything about and were silenced due to your harassment for something I have no control over..

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Dust, you are misconstruing the facts. I asked you to the table to make the stalling player play. I never once asked you to boot him. I reciever a minus 12 points for third place instead for the appropreate minus 2 which I would have recieved had you forced the player to play instead of instantly booting him (first and second place players were over 1600 rated players and I was a 1540 rated player) . If you could not get him to play, you could have abandoned the game. When we got back to the lobby I told you that I got screwed on points by you instantly booting the stalling player. The ONLY answer I got back from you was a private warning that I would be silenced. You never gave me an explaination, just a warning. When I brought it up again all I got from you was another warning. So I left and havn't been back since. I will return and play again since I have been a member of this site for over 12 years. I will just be more slective who I ask for help.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Not the way it went Allen and will not argue this, it's a matter of record and was asked to kick the player...

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 am

I really hate when I get screwed out of rating points. How can I pay the mortgage or the electric bill or put food on the table or have a really nice Christmas if I don't get every rating point I deserve?!?!?!

When I get up there, I have a really nice car I'd like to buy with them. :lol:
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."