Server Rules Silvercreek

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: Server Rules Silvercreek

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 am

Well if this was only a Partners playing situation I would agree it would be impossible to prove, but these people are doing it in singles games, some of them have ratings above 2100 and the pattern of the same players with them in all their games is unmissable ( hope thats a real word ) Nobody likes being called a cheat when they are not cheaters but there are those that are and it is not impossible to prove!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

I guess you may have to look at it from a business point of view... to address an issue of someone saying something that is against the site rules is easy to prove...
it is written/typed under their name/account... legally they are well within beyond a doubt to enact punishment... to prove on the other hand someone is cheating
needs some degree of speculation that there is not a logical point to play in the manner they are playing other than to cheat AND NOT take the risk of legal ramifications
stating that Player X (and Y) has been banned for "cheating"...

Jonas has made a stand on the subject as referenced earlier, the guides are not the ones that will determine cheating, we do report when we have evidence but as far as
we are supposed to go... the players on the other hand can send in the game in or maybe even get them to admit it in chat... other than that hands are tied...

JUST DUST

FYI - I don't like cheaters either but you will never find me yelling it out in the lobby or any other environment including the real world, I will walk away and refuse
to play those players again... if they bring it to my game another name and announce themselves I would report the game with the chat outlined or added from the lobby
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Old Mama1999
Noob

Post by Old Mama1999 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:49 pm

I notice that for about one week there is no more cheat accusations in the lobby. What is the reason? Did all player who are screaming in the lobby when these 2 well known player joined (or better this one player with his second comp) read this post and changed their behavior? Or did these screaming crowd get precautionary silenced when this unfair gamer show up?

No that's not the reason. The reason is the fact that this unfair player was not online these days. And as soon he is not playing his dirty games there is no reason for his "victims" to call for help in cheat games, there is no reason to inform lobby that in game xx are 2 cheaters and so on.

So what are we learning? Ban these blatant cheater and the lobby is quit. Of course we will still have some exceptions with frustrated players calling someone a cheater when he/she lost a game. But this continuing collective accusations on this specific player will be history. Accusations in the lobby is a result of having well identified cheaters on the site and not vice versa.

So I would make a case if Rule # 14 is defended vigorously by admin and guides Rule # 15 is redundant.
Your right Jondalar most of us come here for the love of the game and the camaraderie. Cheating will definitely destroy that!

Old Mama1999
Noob

Post by Old Mama1999 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 am

I really thought they are gone but today the lobby started screaming again. And the lobby whining will go on until ...? The whole lobby knows they cheat. You Jonas you will let them go. When will SILVERCREEK admin do something about the cheating?

[36] A warm rain: NEW CHEATERS ICE GREEN AND HOLY 1
[36] A warm rain: yes noticed CSCH
WorKingClasSs0ns: watch the lobby some time thats old news
CSCH: and why kick me?
[36] A warm rain: I didnt
[36] A warm rain: the CHEATERS DID
A warm rain: When will SILVERCREEK admin do something about the cheating?
[38] WorKingClasSs0ns: avoid them ... its easy
A warm rain: not if you dont know
[38] WorKingClasSs0ns: look at their rating ... you will know
Sconedawg: never..not their policy to make this a fair site
A warm rain: MoD said something was being done. APPARENTLY NOT
[46] Player 51298: do they have a cap with 'I'm a cheater WorKingClasSs0ns?'
[38] WorKingClasSs0ns: they do
A warm rain: all it takes is a GUIDE to go into the game and abandon it
[38] WorKingClasSs0ns: why would they do that with no proof rain
A warm rain: THEY COULD WATCH THE GAME THAT WOULD BE PROOF ENOUGH
[38] WorKingClasSs0ns: guess they dont think so
grannyweatherwax: i am so dissapointed with this site. I play fair so maybe I am totally stupid.