Reverse Tournament - 16 May 2015

jondalar
Active Poster

Reverse Tournament - 16 May 2015

Post by jondalar » Sat May 16, 2015 8:47 pm

We had fun time tonight at the Reverse Singles and Pards Tournament. Please keep coming...we love to see everyone there! Thank you for taking time out of your day to come play this fun game--I hope you enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed hosting the tourney.

Tonight's winner, in arguably the LONGEST tournament Finale we've had, was Beasty Mode! Congratulations, on the win, Beasty--very VERY nicely done!

Honorable mentions go to maHdnasgeLneerG for coming in 2nd place, h553 for taking 3rd, and BA HUM BUG 1 for finishing in 4th. Thanks to all of you for putting on a great and epic match...it was fun to watch!

After the Singles tournament, we played a 2-out-of-3 Partner tournament, and the team of ESREVER NI ANSEV and Professor Robert defeated Micha_49 and yours truly 2 games to 1. Good job Robert and Vesna.

I want to say a very special THANK YOU to Sandra for her help tonight. I appreciate and value everything she does at each and every one of our tournaments. She keeps the tourney on track and running smoothly! Thank you so much, Sandra!

Congratulations once again on your Singles victory Beasty--very nicely done! Also, congratulations once again, Ves and Robert for winning the Pards tourney.

It was a fun evening and I hope the players enjoyed the games and camaraderie. If it didn't turn out like you wanted, come on back next week and give it another try.

See you next Saturday--same TD Doh time--same TD Doh channel!!!

sandbar
Guide

Re: Reverse Tournament - 16 May 2015

Post by sandbar » Sun May 17, 2015 2:06 am

lol that was the longest single game everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, thanks again Doh, lots of fun
:mrgreen:

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:00 am

Thank you very nuch Doh sand for your efforts and also prof robert for helping out when he can. I left a little swiftly cause I was disapointed (not angry); I hate when players just dump the jod at first chance..many times I was trying to set up the highest so the he would get the jod but BANG it was given to me even though I was much lower...anyway! I will be back next week (If I can) and I will keep in mind that some people just don't want to risk taking the jod even if it depends on the game ending and that same player loosing. Seems to me, that the object of the game is to keep it going on at any price except if you are leading!

jondalar
Active Poster

Post by jondalar » Sat May 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Larry, Thank you for the nice words with regard to our efforts to run this tournament. I would "LIKE" your posting, if I could. You are right, it can be frustrating to be on the recipient end of such a play. I hope my comment isn't taken wrong by other readers, but another thought that came to mind is that not many people really know the nuances of playing Reverse. Yes, high score wins, take the Q and dump the Jack, but there is an intricate strategy to this game, that unfortunately, not everyone can see. That's why we play social games. But I have to tell ya, there's not a better feeling than dumping that Jack on the 2 of clubs regardless who follows :D 8) :lol: Hang in there Larry...you're an excellent player!