cover passes

wildfire_36
Grand Master

Post by wildfire_36 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Syscoo sorry they treated you that way. They should have at least explained why they did not want you in those games.

But one reason that I can think of is that they had set up the games to help train someone else, and wanted to leave those seats open for when they came in.

They still should have been more polite about it though.

Anyway, keep trying. Ask in Smoots if anyone would like to go to MM with you for some "training games", that way you have people you know are willing to play with you when you get there.
Check out my grandson, Cyan Stephon!!! His First B-day!!![img]

syscoo
Active Poster

Post by syscoo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:26 pm

hi sassy!!! gee i really hate to tell you this but mm room is not a very nice room not only was i banned from 2 rooms i went on again and got to lobby asked for help to learn and for 15 mins got nothing. i even opened a room and nothing the people in the lobby started a game with bots , guess i will just go the the regular room and keep getting yelled at . sooner or later i will get it on my own ,but thanks for your help.

Gamer-
Active Poster

Post by Gamer- » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Sorry to hear that syscoo, Sometimes people in MM use it for chatting and playing privately. I have been in hearts mostly all day, you must have come in when I when I went for lunch :( If you ever see me, you can grab me, and I'm sure there is an abundance of people who would like to help here. My nick is Gamer4fun there :) Grab me if ya ever see me

syscoo
Active Poster

cover passes

Post by syscoo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:19 am

well i don't believe there that many people who are that rude, this morning i went back and started a game with bots and played games for a while.at least i got that practice but playing with bots isn't the best to do. there is 1 more question for you guys. is it proper to pass the q s on pass or is it playing dirty, about the only time i pass it is if that is the only spade i have

psunuke
Active Poster

Post by psunuke » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:29 am

There are 2 lines of thought on passing the queen of spades in Hardwood. One school of thought takes the viewpoint that passing the queen to someone and leading spades (referred to as Pass N Pull or PnP for short) is a dirty move(especially to high player).

There is the other school of thought that does not think this way. But if you want my personal opinion, It is a legal strategy that anyone can employ. This is a strategy card game and at times PnP is a good option, especially if you are passing to low. However, there are other times when the hand dictates your play more than what you'd like to have happen, and it becomes a you or them tactic. At this point I do it if I believe i will get the queen or alot of points if I don't, unless i know i will put the person out of the game and i will not win, or, alternatively, i may save them from losing but go out myself and lose.

However, the decision is rarely with 100% certainty any of these things will happen, so you must then weigh the odds of what is going to happen. As you learn the game and become better, you will understand what to expect before it happens and then can make a better decision on what to play/pass.

If you see me in the lobby sometime, I'd be happy to help you as well, but i use many names so just ask for help if i see I will try to help. I feel I am comfortable with any of the different variations of the game, and maybe you can get a little of my strategies and take what you want.

psunuke
Active Poster

Post by psunuke » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:29 am

There are 2 lines of thought on passing the queen of spades in Hardwood. One school of thought takes the viewpoint that passing the queen to someone and leading spades (referred to as Pass N Pull or PnP for short) is a dirty move(especially to high player).

There is the other school of thought that does not think this way. But if you want my personal opinion, It is a legal strategy that anyone can employ. This is a strategy card game and at times PnP is a good option, especially if you are passing to low. However, there are other times when the hand dictates your play more than what you'd like to have happen, and it becomes a you or them tactic. At this point I do it if I believe i will get the queen or alot of points if I don't, unless i know i will put the person out of the game and i will not win, or, alternatively, i may save them from losing but go out myself and lose.

However, the decision is rarely with 100% certainty any of these things will happen, so you must then weigh the odds of what is going to happen. As you learn the game and become better, you will understand what to expect before it happens and then can make a better decision on what to play/pass.

If you see me in the lobby sometime, I'd be happy to help you as well, but i use many names so just ask for help if i see I will try to help. I feel I am comfortable with any of the different variations of the game, and maybe you can get a little of my strategies and take what you want.

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm

You most certainly are not a leper. Please come play with me. I am in the hearts lobby a couple of times a day, sometimes as Sassy Katy and sometimes as HW Angel. If I don't see you, but you see me, let me know it is you and we will play. It will be a fun game, I don't know about teaching you, but we will have a blast. I will see if some of the players who have helped me are around and we can go to MM and use the tutorial.

syscoo
Active Poster

cover passes

Post by syscoo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:37 am

gee sassy that is very nice of you,i have been playing but as you can see my scores are very poor. and i do love the game. my coal is to be able to play partners , but right now i have to walk before i run [ as the saying goes] must say thank you to all , you have been very helpful.

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:56 pm

I learned what appears to be a very uncommon version before playing in Hardwood. I am going to try to learn the pards version also, but I am trying to learn the more conventional singles first. So I am the perfect player for you. We can have fun learning together. We will figure it out together, so you look for me. I never worry about ratings, I would be a basket case of nerves if I worried about my rating in hearts. Please do join me if you see me.

Bman1112
Active Poster

Post by Bman1112 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:47 pm

I am also new at hearts but trying very hard at it :? maybe we can meet up and figure out some of the strategy together :roll:

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:31 am

Hey I will play the games with ya'll anytime, just give me a holler!

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

A fun game....

Post by Joe Andrews » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 am

Play Hearts for fun! It is only a game!
Last edited by Joe Andrews on Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:23 am

:wink: :wink: I wouldn't mind helping you learn, :lol: mind u i'm not so good at playing myself, when I do win occasionally it is pure CLASS (without the CL of course) I have found the majority of players in Hearts are very friendly, and only the rude ones in the minority :D Hope you have heaps of fun in Hardwood Hearts Give me a yell if you see me in the lobby, or drop into a game and let me know you would like to play after I've finished the game I'm in. :D P.S. I'm usually the one with the highest score :? :? :? :D

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:58 am

Hello syscoo I will be happy to play some games with you in MM(& may be able to get a few others also as playing bots is never the same as playing peeps).Please say hello to me if you see me in the smoots lobby(Bg Trnr).I'm able to play most versions of the game,except that I am trying to learn to partners myself. Good Luck
:"You cannot add to the peace & goodwill of the world if you fail to create an atmosphere of harmony and love right where you live and work".
Thomas Dreier