Kicking Out Players

Alias 44
Noob

Kicking Out Players

Post by Alias 44 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:39 am

I would lime to see what the comments are on with other players to allow the host to kick players for abusive language and or failing to play on time or just delaying the game before they lead a card.

I have been in many games where other players have taken their time in leading which has frustrated me aswell as other players. I beleive in this case that we should be able to kick/ban players when the host is ready to do such a act due to what ever reason being that of delaying a game for no good reason or being abusive.

In relation to the kickout after 5 minutes is too long. This should be removed or the time reduced to at least 2 mins if at all possible. I for one am tired of other players holding up the game for no good reason, I also question the pause function, while i know u can disable this yourself i still think that this option be removed also as this option is widely abused.

I would appreciate some players opinions on this matter.

Thanks
Alias 44

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:00 am

I have to be refreshed on some heart's options before replying.

Does anyone know these??

<>Isnt the stall/kick rule the same in all games.. 2 minutes not 5??

<>Is "timeout" available in heart's table settings?

<>If yes to above, won't timeout play a card for stallers as it does in other games?

<>Pause Button.. Isnt that just available in "timeout" games?

<>Cant host only kick before game starts without the 2 minute stall rule?

<>Dont all 4 players have a "kick vote" option both before game starts and on 2 minute stall.
*I know host doesnt need a vote to kick before game starts*

<>Has anyone ever played with a handicapped person who just needed people to be a little patient? I have :)

Thanks in advance :)
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 pm

HEXA wrote:
<>Isnt the stall/kick rule the same in all games.. 2 minutes not 5?? - YES the rule is 2 minutes before you can kick a person that is stalling

<>Is "timeout" available in heart's table settings? - YES...Timeout is still an option available.

<>If yes to above, won't timeout play a card for stallers as it does in other games? - YES

<>Pause Button.. Isnt that just available in "timeout" games? - No, pause is available no matter what options you chose except possibly in a Timed game that depends on fast play.

<>Cant host only kick before game starts without the 2 minute stall rule? - YES

<>Dont all 4 players have a "kick vote" option both before game starts and on 2 minute stall.
*I know host doesnt need a vote to kick before game starts* - YES. Any player that has stalled for more than 2 minutes can be put to a vote by any other player at the table...host or non host.

<>Has anyone ever played with a handicapped person who just needed people to be a little patient? I have :) - YES...we also have players that are still playng on a dial up connection. That is one of the reason for the 2 minute delay.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:31 pm

Ah! Thank you for replying Lace, I appreciate ya ;)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 pm

HEXA wrote: <>Has anyone ever played with a handicapped person who just needed people to be a little patient? I have :)
Cant say I have ever been told by a player....please be patient with me...Im handicapped...

However I am patient with everyone and just sit there listening to music until play resume's...
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:28 pm

:? Some players do not have any patience, but, they may also not know about network congestion, I played in a game where the little green turtle (waiting to be made into soup) showed under the slow player avatar, the other player kept fooming and telling him/her to hurry up, until I pointed out the turtle and why it was there, the other player then apologised because he didn't know. :lol:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:02 pm

I like a fast game too, but I always choose the option timeout, but I will always have patience with others. I have familiy as do most others and could not tell you how many times I have to concetrate for a few somewhere else and when the warning chime goes off I know it's my turn to play of the server is going to choose for me.

Sorry if minor "emergencies come up when I didn't expect it and allow for the same from others.

Just look at your typical highway... not everyone likes to go the same speed and if you think your the fastest out there someone comes zoomming by and you say..... "WHAT an IDIOT!!!"

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Yea Dust, Cannot tell ya how many times ive had to reattach barbie's head or legs while playing a game! If she comes apart at the waist, well there is just NO fixing her and I am over seeing a miny funeral while playing! :wink:

I am a huge profile reader, call it nosy, call it curious or just generally interested.. I have, in spades, read a few profiles which stated something to the affect of "i dont type much because i have a handicap and i might be a little slow at playing, vgl all"

Siemens Sl45
Active Poster

Post by Siemens Sl45 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:30 pm

I do agree with you on this Alias. There is to much of this happening. I also beleive that the host of the game should be allowed to kick out a player who is delibarately holding up the game or are becoming abusive.

I think SCE should allow the hosts of a game to kick out such players when required. This 2 minute stalling is a waste of time as they start to play again before the 2 minutes are up. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Men are superior to all, no exceptions

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:02 pm

I think SCE should allow the hosts of a game to kick out such players when required.

This wouldnt be a bad idea if we had 100% fair responsible hosts playing at HW. Reality-wise though This would bring on more problems, I'm picturing a lot of kicking-abuse going on if your suggestion was put into affect. Yes, i agree that a responsible host being able to kick totally disruptive players would be nice, but there is always those people who abuse a privledge of control, such as a host being able to kick at anytime in a game. Because of this instead of taking control of all situations and others, we have guides, admin and moderators.

To keep fairness to all, I think SCE has already encorporated the fairest possible way to handle the situation... 1) kick stallers after 2 minutes 2) get a guide and discuss the situation with them 3) File a report.

This really is the best way to handle everything.

NOW THEN.. I have never gotten the kick feature to work pertaining to a "repeat staller" and perhaps that needs to be checked and worked on.

The server says "you can only kick a player after they have stalled 2 minutes or for REPEATED stalling" Has anyone ever gotten it to work for a repeat staller, who stalls just to be disruptive??? I havent gotten it to work for repeat intentional stalling, myself.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:38 pm

:D Errrrr, isn't Alias and Siemens the same person? :lol:

I don't agree with giving the host cart-blanche to kick players out at their whim, there are so many reasons why they are delaying, not just because they are trying to hold up the game. 8) I know, I know, there are a few...... but just a few who deliberately do it to hold up the game.
I have also seen where some players seem to think they own the game, one in particular springs to mind, and it doesn't matter how slight or insignificant the incident, she zaps, fooms, tries to vote them out, tells them to "get out of my game" and has even followed them into the lobby and told them never to return. When asked why, the reasons were given as so trivial, the queen may have been passed to her or she felt another player had given her too many high cards, or someone has laughed at her as she finally got the queen after being low all the game.

Reasons for delay........
1. Network congestion
2. A new player who would just like to look at his hand before playing
3. The phone rings
4. The doorbell
5. Just finishing cutting his/her toenails
6. Coffee/tea
7. Answering hubby's constant question of where is my tea

Alias 44
Noob

Post by Alias 44 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:29 am

I am afraid you are mistaken there Sandbar, you better sharpen up on your investigation skills. 8)
Alias 44

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 am

8) Hmmm, detective glasses on. 8) Now where did I put that sharpener? :D

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:53 am

This wouldnt be a bad idea if we had 100% fair responsible hosts playing at HW. Reality-wise though This would bring on more problems, I'm picturing a lot of kicking-abuse going on

WHile I realize you are thinking "abusive" in one mind set, someone else sees abuse in quite a different light, let me assure you. I could never go for the host having the power to kick on a whim for what THEY percieve to be foul...you would not believe the number of games that I get called into with complaints like " they are dumping, they are PNPing, they won't hit low man", etc... all legal moves on the site whether some of us deem them to be ethical or not. How could giving that "power" be monitored to prevent abuse from the host themselves? There would be no good way to do that. I just don't see the logic in a move like that, looking at it from a guide's point of view. It could be quite a disaster, in my opinion, and precipitate exactly what Hexa has posted--more problems to contend with, not less.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 am

" they are dumping, they are PNPing, they won't hit low man", etc...
Exactly Cher, I see these being reasons a host would try and justify their decision to kick a player, when these are just simply a matter of perspective about playing and nothing is against written rules. I agree with you that handing the ability to kick a player to the host at anytime during the game, even though we hope it would just be used for very rude disruptive players, would be a disaster and used for reasons that no matter the perspective, cannot be justified.