greeting

sandbar
Guide

greeting

Post by sandbar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:01 pm

:lol: Well, even if I never make it to be a Guide, I am learning a heck of a lot about Hearts :lol: I now know where to send the players if they are looking for questions about ratings, (courtesy of Becky) and just listening :wink: and watching the answers of the other greeters and guides is also very informative. I can copy and paste any questions and answers from the lobby (courtesy of Dust) so I can peruse them at my leisure (which I have a lot of, seeing I don't vacuum :wink: :wink: ) (I'm really not that bad :roll: )
I have made binds (courtesy of Hexa) and use them a lot, thanks, love.
I can upload photos to photobucket then put them in here, I really feel I have achieved a lot and, all in all I am enjoying myself immensely 8)
I have connected to Messenger (courtesy of Nanagram) so I can chat with other greeters, and seeing that I am self taught on the computer, I feel really chuffed at what I have done. :P :P

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:07 pm

We are glad to have you in there with us as a greeter, Sandy!! You and Becky both are doing an AWESOME job and being such a big help tot he players. I am very very happy that you are having so much fun...if you have msn messenger mine is listed below so feel free to add me if you'd like.

JPW/CalculatedRisk

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:50 pm

You're welcome Sandbar, and thank you :)
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:37 pm

I will come in sometime Sandbar so you can greet me... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:06 pm

:roll: Hmmmm, going to sneak in under the radar are we? hmmmmm
:( :P :P .......Now Primal is coming in, should I ignore him? Pretend I don't see him? :lol: Look the other way? :shock: Naahhhhh! Give him a big hug and tell him to behave himself or I will call a guide. :wink: :wink:

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:05 am

Such kind words Sandy, (and Cher)... it's fun working together, I'm glad we communicate and share ideas (all of us).

Listening to others (including players) and asking questions can help us all whether we are visitors, players, greeters, guides or even administration. There's a wealth of knowledge out there and I'm always happy when someone shares a piece of it with me; and I enjoy passing it on.

(I have to be honest, Laria is the one who gave me the link for the rating the other day when the question came up. I binded it into my chat alias so I would have it at my fingertips if the question came up again, like it did last night). So, we hafta thank Laria for that one.:wink:

CR referred me to Lace and Tamatha, who taught me to do the outline colors long before the bind editor was available; and Ahmed taught me binding. Hexa introduced me to photobucket so that I could attach a sig to my post... Jonas encouraged me to "be myself", and Kay supported me while I put it all together so I could do just that! So many people have shared their time and ideas so openly, thanks you guys!

You are a lot of fun Sandy, and that camel is a riot! Thanks for all of the times you make me smile!

Primal... Oh please do stop by! We look forward to seeing you!
Last edited by Becky2555 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:12 am

Im radar proof Sandbar....I look forward to stoppin in and seeing both you and Becky.... :)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:48 am

You are most welcome Sandy and always glad to help and the way I see it all the Greeters are a great help to not only the players but the guides too. Keep the sunshiny face up and be yourself and as always just ask for help.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:47 pm

:D Greeting seems to have a positive effect on the players, and gradually I am getting to know more of them, I feel as if I am really making a contribution to the lobby, and the general bonhomie (look it up in the dictionary, I did) :wink: and atmosphere in the lobby make it a fun place to be any time of day or night, I was playing with a group last night and one of them said, "oh, you are allowed to play too, I thought you just had to watch, that's great" 8)
I played in my first tourney too, and WON :wink: ....... at the other end of course, but it was really great fun, and I will try and get to the next one. :lol: :lol:

grumpie_man
Active Poster

Post by grumpie_man » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:26 am

wtg sandy u rock hun

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:04 pm

Have to admit, Sandy, when I popped in blue the other day to my former stomping grounds, you were a delight to all. I'm impressed. Good job. :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:53 pm

:D Jast seen this & want to say ,thank you to Sandy for doing such a great job. It's awalys a joy having you in the lobby.Thanks again hon. Bg

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:42 pm

:oops: Here's me wriggling with embarrassment, and feeling really chuffed at the same time, to read these remarks makes me feel all gooey inside, thank you so much for the kind words :lol: The people I have met while playing Hearts is worth missing out on doing the housework, any gardening and feeding my husband, and shock :shock: not playing any of my Myst games, these come in no particular order. :wink:
Smooches and huggggs to you all, luv Sandy