usernames that havent been online for ages

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:06 pm

The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:35 pm

The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Sorry Ice meant League rating only not hardwood ratings. Some do not effect your hardwood ratings at all where other effect it but ratings on sites that have their own ratings, some have a penalty for inactivaty Cases is one.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:28 pm

:( Planes, battleships, did someone declare war on Hearts when I wasn't looking 8)

grumpie_man
Active Poster

Post by grumpie_man » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:47 pm

lol

Brodo
Active Poster

Post by Brodo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:16 pm

these last entries are not related to the topic... lol

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:56 pm

What would one do if they remember the nic, but don't remember the password, and the email they registered with doesn't exist anymore? I have an old nic from when I played in 2000. I'm not sure I'd want to play on it again, but very curious about my history on it. Maybe if it has a higher rating I would use it. :P

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:53 pm

:D Disco still sucks ! :D

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:20 am

Luna You would log into the game as usual and look to the left on the lobby screen--your avatar is there with "PROFILE" under it. Click that, then go to account, then update email...Send it and you will get a confirmation that the email is updated. Disconnect and on the login screen (after you have clicked "play hearts online" there will be a "Lost Password" button, click that and don't put in any nic, and you will get an email from "gamechest.net" it may go in your junk, but the email should get to you within minutes. It should list all your nics and your passwords to each individual nic. Hopefully it will be on there. Good luck.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:14 pm

CR, That wouldnt work for her hon, she doesnt know the password of that nic to get to the profile to change the email.

She's kinda stuck in a pickle, i think.

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:56 pm

I was thinking that it will update the email to the key, and it may be there. I know I did have one done on another mail and it never would show, and I finally got to it somehow, it may have been I logged on another nic done on that mail--I cannot remember, but forgetting that password is a problem for sho... It may be that you do have to have the mail for that particular nic. Thanks Hexa :)

If all else fails, Luna, write support and maybe Jason can help you out with some suggestion, and tell ya how to get to it, I know admin will do all they can to try to help ya retrieve it :)

See ya in the games.

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:01 am

Luna~

I had the same trouble as u, even a bit worse.. !! I didnt remember the email of my very first nick in hw, also fr the year of 2000. So I wrote to Jason and all what he could do was to send me an email addy with what the pw was saved.

Then I had a sneaky* :idea: flash.. I went to the provider of my email, to gmx.de and remade there the *old new* email accont. Cuz once the old email accont doesnt exist, means the name of it is free again, and so i succeeded. Next step was of course then to ask fr the password of my first nick via hardwood own service, and in one second I got my sweet ole` name back~

So maybe u shall also try to do the same Luna, and Im pretty sure, by u it will work also *

Shiney babe aka Another Truth ( in the moment.. :P * )
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Mompsu wrote:Luna~

I had the same trouble as u, even a bit worse.. !! I didnt remember the email of my very first nick in hw, also fr the year of 2000. So I wrote to Jason and all what he could do was to send me an email addy with what the pw was saved.

Then I had a sneaky* :idea: flash.. I went to the provider of my email, to gmx.de and remade there the *old new* email accont. Cuz once the old email accont doesnt exist, means the name of it is free again, and so i succeeded. Next step was of course then to ask fr the password of my first nick via hardwood own service, and in one second I got my sweet ole` name back~

So maybe u shall also try to do the same Luna, and Im pretty sure, by u it will work also *

Shiney babe aka Another Truth ( in the moment.. :P * )
It was a internet provider email account back from my dial up days. I'm not even sure they're in existance anymore. So I don't think your trick will work. But thanks for the suggestions.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 pm

The only way possible to get nics from an addy that is no longer available is if your present provider has the capability to address and forward old accounts BUT if the old or new provider doesn't support this or is no longer around it would go to address unknown and kick back to Hardwood. It MAY be possible with their help to recover if its in their records (SilverCreeks) to contact them with the situation but I am not familiar how they can handle those situations.

If you know the nic's name (caps/case do not matter) and don't have the password you could try passwords until you give up (brain storming) and if you get it right you can change the info.

There is another way but it is very complicated and would require another program which may or may not be worth it to recover the password. The trick here would be that the password would have had to have been stored on your present PC.

There are a couple of other things I can think of but would be beyond what I would disclose..... in any environment.

Bottom line is it worth it to recover the lost nic? If yes then try some of the suggestions.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!