arguments, arguments, arguments. Got your attention? Hearts

sandbar
Guide

arguments, arguments, arguments. Got your attention? Hearts

Post by sandbar » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:21 pm

:( Hmmm, yes, I guess I am very simplistic in my views, I bought a game of cards which I love, and I play on the internet mixing with people of other countries, colours, and religion, which I thoroughly enjoy.
The owners of the card game said, “we want you to enjoy our game, but because we want anyone from ages 13 to 103 to play, we have made a few rules because the game isn’t rated Adults Only, o.k?)
And lo! and behold, along came the stirrers, who said to themselves, I don’t have to play by their rules I’ll make up my own. I can say what I like and do what I like because I bought their game, and they can’t make me.
The makers of the game in their wisdom looked down at the arguments and dissent these stirrers made and said, “well, if they want to act like children, I guess we had better treat them like children, and lo and behold, the guides were born. And I personally am glad they are there, because there are times we need their help.
I try to treat every player with respect, and I guess in my simplistic view, I thought they would treat me with respect, and the majority do, but, when I am playing a game and get called a c… well, I won’t say it, cause I would be dropping to their level, also a b…… I just ignore it and don’t play with them again, if I can get past their 100 nics they have that is.
Please, please, please, in my simplistic view, this is just a game, we don’t win money, we don’t get prizes, you don’t get thrown out if your ratings drop too far, can’t we just get along with a few laughs along the way with people we have gotten to know and like? And enjoy our cards, be it, Spades Hearts or Euchre!!
I know I'm not as articulate as some, but I am not aiming at anyone specifically, just trying to explain why we need our guides.

Siemens Sl45
Active Poster

Post by Siemens Sl45 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:08 pm

Sandbar, If we had posts like yours, we would be inundated with them flooding this forum. We just have to learn to ignore them and avoid them if possible.

We have a mute button so we don't have to hear what they say etc, so why not use that Sandbar ? I have played you before under a different nic and I enjoy your company and when I see you in the lobby I always grab your attention.

Look if these idiots upset you sweety, just mute them then avoid them if you can ok. Take it from another Australian,albeit Tasmania lol just ignore them and enjoy the game. 8)
Men are superior to all, no exceptions

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:05 pm

8) Thanks, Siemen, I do ignore them whenever and wherever possible, I was just pointing out that we do have these stirring players, :D I suppose I confused everyone, because the topic was really about arguments and the reason we need guiding. :D

agateKing

Why can't we all get along?

Post by agateKing » Mon May 01, 2006 1:12 pm

It's an interesting question. Why are we all so quick to complain and condemn?

While no angel myself, I am trying to raise the level of hostility by meeting it with kindness and not kind. I am dismayed that few games go by without somebody getting rude.

At one point I played with balloons and fooms turned off (still keep fooms off) in order to avoid the hostility. Ironically, I was kicked out of a game for my silence. Apparently it was a crime not to say, "hello".

I do love the game and will continue playing despite the negativity.

buck910721
Noob

u go sandy

Post by buck910721 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:41 am

"c" is for courageous "b" is fro brilliant.
and what an invention the ignore button is! and guess what it works.
have a great day everyone, stay safe and have a better tommorow!
:D see ya all in hrts and remember it's just a game!

sandbar
Guide

Re: u go sandy

Post by sandbar » Fri May 05, 2006 6:17 pm

buck910721 wrote:"c" is for courageous "b" is fro brilliant.
and what an invention the ignore button is! and guess what it works.
have a great day everyone, stay safe and have a better tommorow!
:D see ya all in hrts and remember it's just a game!

:( Siggghhhhh! I wish people would remember that, yes, it is just a game :roll: and just enjoy themselves.

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Fri May 05, 2006 9:54 pm

:D I just hope that right after you all hit that iggy button ,that you take a second & file a report from the game! It's so easy to do & belive me ,people do get banned for being rude.When you file a report from the game, admin is able to see all the game chat = all the nasties.It really is worth the time it takes & as far as I can see, its the nly way to clean the site up & keep it that way ! :wink:

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Sun May 07, 2006 9:11 am

It really is worth the time it takes & as far as I can see, its the nly way to clean the site up & keep it that way !
I have so many tell me that they won't file reports, and my feeling is this. If you don't, you are allowing those players who make a habit of being this way to continue to do just that. It is really up to us as players to do our part in our "community". Just my opinion.

hearts14
Active Poster

Post by hearts14 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:10 am

A lot of us do not file reports nor call for guides as we don't agree with the discipline system here. That is our right and as much control as we have. You have tools to use if people offend you. If you use them, you will not need to call for a guide or be a "frequent filer". Everyone has been a "stirring" player/guide at times. It's life, it's the internet.... enjoy and move on. I believe the frequent complainers and report filers are as just as much trouble as the players who get reported. Who wants to listen to someone always complaining about the other players, their games, etc. constantly. Those people are labeled troublemakers by the other players more than others who are perceived as trouble by guides/admin/greeters.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 am

I cant see how filing reports would deem one a trouble maker...I think those that do file reports and call on guides want to keep HW a clean fun site.....If we wanted it otherwise we could always go to the other sites and play where they dont care what ya do or say....As for me...I will do whatever it takes to keep HW a family site....No reason to be crude and rude on a game site....or anywhere...as far it being a matter of life...so is having a sewer....dont mean we play in them... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:06 pm

hearts14 wrote:A lot of us do not file reports nor call for guides as we don't agree with the discipline system here. That is our right and as much control as we have. You have tools to use if people offend you. If you use them, you will not need to call for a guide or be a "frequent filer". Everyone has been a "stirring" player/guide at times. It's life, it's the internet.... enjoy and move on. I believe the frequent complainers and report filers are as just as much trouble as the players who get reported. Who wants to listen to someone always complaining about the other players, their games, etc. constantly. Those people are labeled troublemakers by the other players more than others who are perceived as trouble by guides/admin/greeters.
...Another way to look at this situation, hearts14, is that if a player is a problem for YOU, he is likely a problem for OTHER players as well. SCE cannot take action against a player based simply on a report by one or two individuals, since these reports may have been fabricated. It is when a NUMBER of reports on the same person/people have been received documenting the same infractions that a pattern emerges that SCE CAN do something about.

If you have discovered some effective ways to deal with the trouble makers effectively without involving Guides or reporting to SCE, then please share your discoveries with the rest of us. Simply ignoring bad behavior, muting offenders, etc is NOT going to solve any problems in the long term. But I would GLADLY welcome any solutions that WOULD be long term solutions. 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon May 08, 2006 3:22 pm

omni_555 wrote:SCE cannot take action against a player based simply on a report by one or two individuals, since these reports may have been fabricated.

If you type.../time in the lobby..it will show time and date there...then copy what was said and paste it into the report along with what room...IE Smoots/hearts or Gnomes/Spades and date and time stamp.....SCE can then pull up that time and date and verify what was said...
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon May 08, 2006 5:58 pm

:( I like a good joke and have a sense of humor, but I do find the crudity from some of the players unacceptable, if you wish to carry on with toilet humor, please go somewhere else. You are pushing your wants and needs above everyone else, I hate watching the talk in the lobby where I can see players trying to beat the rules either by creating nics that are borderline or talking crudely, don't you realise there are also players here that have never had to put up with this toilet humor in their life and find it totally wrong to push it onto someone else. :?
If you want to talk to your friends in that manner, surely you can im them.
This site isn't just about the 13 year olds, there are mothers and grandmothers, fathers and grandfathers who do not like the carrying on that happens, we want to interact with other people from around the world as friends, surely between what you think you can talk about and what others would like to talk about, there could be a happy medium, where you can get away with subtle humor and others can laugh at the subtle humor. As it is at the moment, you are coming across as sniggering teenagers bent on causing trouble. :?