Message for Jonas

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:36 am

A lot of us disagree that the hearts lobby has been fun the past few weeks.
sorry that you would feel that way, I have been in there several times and hours on numerous days and seen no complaint on this. Sorry if you were inconvenienced. If there is inappropriate chat in my presence I will ask for it to stop or take some action to stop it if the player is uncooperative, and only the player that receives the action can see that. and that's as it should be.

Mystique
Active Poster

Post by Mystique » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:52 am

People have different opinions. The majority of us are here to have fun!

If you are there just to play a game then lobby chat should be of no interest to you.

I would rather have entertainment then people being abusive and boring.

It would be boring to just enter, join a room , play and not chat amongst friends. :roll:

There is a mute button you can always use on a player if you find friendly chat offensive to you.

My motto is... Good Luck BUT Most of All have Fun!!! :D

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:03 am

There is a mute button you can always use on a player if you find friendly chat offensive to you.
Yep I was speaking as a guide that has been in the room frequently in the past several days, but you can always put any player on ignore. right click on the name, go to ignore and then add. You do have to readd each disconnect though it won't hold the names in memory.

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:56 am

Mystique wrote:If you are there just to play a game then lobby chat should be of no interest to you.
Except that the lobby is where you typically advertise your game and organize games with your partner. It's where the "need 1 more" type of chat is made as well. If the lobby chat is moving so fast your messages to find games are ignored, it becomes a problem for those people as well.

jondalar
Active Poster

Post by jondalar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:44 pm

One last comment from me and I will move on with my life and drop this matter...

I must admit that I did not know Lacek01 was in a game; however, I DID comment on wanting to show the bind to a friend. My friend then said to show it. I waited almost a full minute and not one word was spoken in the lobby. I then proceeded to show the bind. With the exception of the guide, not one person interrupted the display. Lacek01 mentioned that over 240 people were in Smoot at the time. Well, only 1 interrupted the bind, and it wasn't one of the 240 players! Contrarily, many many folks said what a great and wonderful job I had done. Ironically, except by the guides, not one negative word was spoken about the bind the whole time I remained in the lobby and in silence mode. That was 10 minutes. Honest to God, I have no problem with critism; however, the situation could have been handled differently. The issue got out of hand rather quickly and if lacek01 is correct with the number of Smoot players, over 240 people witnessed two guides telling me in no uncertain terms why I shouldn't be doing binds in the lobby. My defending position was one of clarification. I only wanted a clarification as to why others could do what I just did and not have any repercussions. I guess what really concerned me was that some of the nice ASCII art I have seen in the Smoot lobby came from Blues... as many of you also have noted. Please note, this is the way I have interpreted the situation personally. The guides may have seen it entirely differently. I have a copy of the lobby chat and have reread it 2 days after the fact and still come to my same conclusion. I am not mad at Dust for silencing me (really, I am not). I wished he would have asked me to MM or some other room to discuss the matter. Especially after being silenced. Maybe the situation could have been handled differently but it was an "in the moment" thing. I also am not going to play the "I'm an adult so treat me like one" card because again, if it was turned around, I probably would silence Dust too (Well, I know I would have :)) No hard feelings!

As for the folks not appreciating the humor and fun that 4 or 5 of us have, here is an astounding fact. These same 4 or 5 people created Harleys Angels nics and we have a blast with them... now, the 4 or 5 Harley nics number over 30. Players and guides alike are Harley members! The lobby is and should be a place for friends to come together and have fun. If we are banished to another room how do we meet and greet new friends? Friends like, maybe you? I never brag about myself but I must admit, I am a heck of a man and have been through quite a bit in my life. In my opinion, my story is fascinating! I also know the several friends I have met here and love dearly are also very talented, friendly, compassionate, interesting, and fascinating people! I have opened my heart and my life to the special friends I have met. I have also met a very caring, compassionate, and special friend (Hi Camilla) that I love dearly. How in God's name could I ever accomplish that if I was banished to a "Friend" room? If you really believe you are missing lines of text requesting game players then look up and to the right. Each game shows open seats!

I sincerely appreciate the comments both positive and negative and will grow from them. I personally consider the matter closed. Enjoy your day with a smile on your face... life is way too short!

Mystique
Active Poster

Post by Mystique » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:11 am

I am sorry that is a problem for you Just Ice. I have never had that problem.

I enjoy the lobby chat whether wating in a game or in the lobby waiting for a pard to join.

Many times I multitask and chat in the lobby while playing in my game.

I like to Greet Players whether I am playing or in the lobby chatting.

dis Kiss Loves Dust and Jondalar! :)

Camilla Vanilla

Post by Camilla Vanilla » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:16 am

I just wanted to say that I agree with Jon about the lobby chat. I too enjoy meeting new people. I have met some of the best people in the world there......Truly caring people in a time when I felt like I had lost everything........I feel extremely blessed that 4 months ago a wonderful Man named Jondalar spoke to me in the lobby. I now have my best friend that I dearly love. (Hi Jon)~! :D

I enjoy the goofing around that we have in the lobby and anyone that knows us knows that most of the time we love to make fun of ourselves
(mostly Jon) :o ! Not others!

I feel extremely happy that I have met great people like Cher and her husband John as well. :o

I also know that had it not been for Lobby chat that Dust and Jon would not have been able to actually learn the things about each other that they have in common that makes them the friends they are. Besides I like the
Smooches Dust sneaks when Jon's not looking :) Huggs Dust! :P

I hope that everyone will read this and think about the fact that no one gets hurt by laughter......Stop taking life so serious......there are no prizes awarded in this game we are here to have fun:)

The next time you see the Harley's Goofing in the lobby join in. We would love to meet you :) you may be my next new friend and I can always use more of those.

SDC, Mysti, Jon and I have a theory....Live for today; Laugh, Love, Give someone a hug, Live today like this is your last day on earth! You never know it may just be.

Wouldn't you rather people remember you as a happy light hearted (no pun intended)soul.

:D It takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown!

Enjoy the game Folks!

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:56 pm

Nice way to end this post. Thanks for mentioning me and ole Johnny Cammie, that was really a nice thing to do.

Jon did some of artwork for a few of us in mm tonight and it was great! I can't wait to see the angel!!! Hurry up with that one!

Keellie
Active Poster

Post by Keellie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:01 am

:roll:

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:31 pm

lol

buck910721
Noob

lobby binding

Post by buck910721 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:52 pm

thats just awful maybe 10 minutes out of the hour you all can show us your cute little 15 line binds muhaha

Keellie
Active Poster

Post by Keellie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:18 pm

so after all this, none of you are friends anymore? everyone has a different “love of their life?. what was the point of all these dramatic comments? ya’ll need to find a chatroom instead of a game site...

Mystique
Active Poster

Post by Mystique » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Geesh Louise!

Seems to me someone needs another site to stir up trouble. LOL!!! :roll:

I find it's really none of your buisness but to satisfy your couriosity YES we are still friends. AND NO .... not everyone has a NEW LOVE in their life.

Some of us do have a life other than hearts. :)

jondalar
Active Poster

Post by jondalar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:23 pm

Awww, Keellie, thank you so much for making me the center of your universe.

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness to include me in your thoughts a full 4 months after the last posting here.

You are very kind and I cannot wait until you add another post. When you do (if you'll notice, I did not say if) I will be smiling once again because you will be thinking of me. That's so cute and sweet.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:42 pm

Sorry but this old thread seems to be going astray so think its time to lock up,

Cookies today are Chocolate chip

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong