Kick/Ban

NatashaX
Active Poster

Post by NatashaX » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:49 pm

There should also be a vote system to vote hostel players out of a game. While there is always the choice of filing a report on a nasty player, why should 3 other players have to sit and be subject to nasty, foul name calling through out a entire game on a 'family site'. If someone is being foul you cant kick them out if they are playing the game you just have to listen to it.
THis is unfair to those of us who are offended by this.
It would be easy to use & control. Just put up a problem player button where the vote to kick, kick/ban and abandon game buttons are. If 3 players choice to remove a nasty player and this button is used, the entire game file goes automatically as a report filed. This way players will not use this as a 'I dont like the way this person plays' button. Because if this button was used the game log will be reviewed and faulty use of it would be like filing a false report & staff would see why the button was used making sure it was nessacary.

I just think it would help out, why should 1 ruin a game for 3. This option should be avalible.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:09 pm

/me wonders if there may be an option to make a game "NO CHAT" (only effect the game chat) that could be programmed in as an option and how many would like that?

/me thinks invite feature would help get rid of unwanted players that a host could ask a player if they wish to join their optioned "Invite Only" feature before a player could join their game and how many would think this would be a good idea?

JUST DUST

PS - just thinking outloud and out of the box

PS - I should note here that I do not know if SCE can or is willing to make those changes and in no way implies they could or would.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:46 am

Dust In The Wind wrote:/me wonders if there may be an option to make a game "NO CHAT" (only effect the game chat) that could be programmed in as an option and how many would like that?

/me thinks invite feature would help get rid of unwanted players that a host could ask a player if they wish to join their optioned "Invite Only" feature before a player could join their game and how many would think this would be a good idea?

JUST DUST

PS - just thinking outloud and out of the box

PS - I should note here that I do not know if SCE can or is willing to make those changes and in no way implies they could or would.
I'm not sure I'd like a no chat option. For the most part I enjoy chatting with people. It's the rare game where you get some annoying mouthy jerk.

I played at one site that I can't recall the name of that had an ask/invite feature. If you set it to "ask" a player would click on the table and the host had the option accepting the player or not. The invite feature allowed the host to click on a player name and "invite" them to sit. If they accepted they would be brought into the table. I didn't use it a lot, but if I wanted to play with specific people the invite was very useful.

When I get together with old zone friends here we learned it was best that I set the table because I had the lowest rating. :oops: If one of the higher rated players set, people would jump in before the other players got to sit.

NatashaX
Active Poster

Post by NatashaX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:47 am

I love the idea of a NO CHAT game :) I have been kicked & seen people kicked from a game because they dont say HI when they sit down :? Now this has happend to me a lot, no I dont try & return to the table, but the people that do this that want a 'chatty' game should think about the other people. I naver chat. I make a heart foom at the begining because I can do this with my mouse. I cant use my other arm easily because I have a implant in it for my kidney so it isnt easy for me to type. Im not going to beg to sit becasue I dont say hi.

NO CHAT games have my vote :D

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:14 pm

Luna only talking about this being an Option for those that wish to select it. Some don't like to chat during a game. I win more when I don't chat and some days I like to play a serious game.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Dust In The Wind wrote:Luna only talking about this being an Option for those that wish to select it. Some don't like to chat during a game. I win more when I don't chat and some days I like to play a serious game.

JUST DUST
I don't mind the idea of no chat, but I just find it extremely rude not to at least aknowledge the players with a gla, or hi at the start. I play tournament chess in person, and the game always starts with a handshake and a good luck. Even the games I have played with a Hasidic Jew who won't shake hands with me because I'm female we at least aknowledge one anothers presence even if it's simply nodding at each other.

Sometimes the tension is so thick that I like to make some humorous comment when I screw up or maybe I foom myself. Sometimes I don't even get an "ouch" or a LOL.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:05 am

How I taught my son to play chess, He was 5 when he came to me and said he knew how to play this game and said ok. But he knows we shake hands and wish each other GL at the start of the game and at the end we shake hands and congradulate winner. He is now 10 and a very fine chess player and gives me a run for my money.

But yes I do that here also Hi and GL and GG.

JUST DUST

Memphoman
Active Poster

Post by Memphoman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:46 pm

this remains a problem and have not seen any kind of reply from adminstration? DO they think that this is NOT a problem or just not something to bother about??? inquiring minds want to know...and would appreciate that this thread be kept on topic, thanks

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:24 am

Memph, good way to keep it up front is this way and ask for a response.

JUST DUST