Are we kids or adults

smokencabin

Are we kids or adults

Post by smokencabin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:17 pm

That is the question on everybodies minds now days. I was sitting in the lobby (like always) just gabbin away with a friend. When out of the blue come this name callin, he said/she said stuff. :shock: OMG......where is the fire, quick put it out, put it out before it burns us down. Then what do you hear next, THATS IT I'M TELLIN......IS THERE A GUIDE HERE.

(guide) Is there a prob

(child) He/She called me such n such

(guide) I already went to that table once today

(child) Well he/she cursed me

Shall i go on......All I want to know is.

:lol: :roll: 8) PLEASE...CAN WE ALL JUST PLAY TOGETHER NICELY 8) :lol: :roll:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Yes would be nice..... it is just a game but then again look at how some parents act at their kids games...... once you forget it's a game and think that I am taking your life when I win (LOL) then you have lost sight of the purpose of this site and what we should be doing here.

JUST DUST

PS - I talk to my monitor, good thing it is never offended, I don't type it, takes too long anyways.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:06 pm

/me is a child at heart...

April Lee

Post by April Lee » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Well I'll put in my 2 cents . . lol

This past weekend was the ugliest I ever experienced in 4 yrs here at this site. Talk about getting attacked ! It was like I had a tatoo on my forehead that read "go ahead and kick me - I enjoy pain" !

And it was from 2 oldtimers that are ADULTS ! One got on me for my greeting "Huggsssss Hello Everyone" is that offensive ? ? ? The second one really got to me because after the attack in the lobby, he followed me into my games! I hate to say this but he had me so upset I was crying ! And it takes alot to upset me.

I am nothing but nice to everyone in the lobby, on rare occassions like ONCE i was silenced. I deserved it ! But other than that I'm harmless. And since I get very angry being called a "cheater" I would never accuse someone of cheating, especially in the lobby !

And yes I would hope that we are all adults, but this IS a family site as well, unfortunately Smoke during the summer the lobby is a free for all. Thats usually the only time I notice alot of action happening. Sorry for getting off track with my issue.

Huggsssssssssssss Sweetie, April Lee
April Lee

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:29 am

April Lee wrote: he followed me into my games! I hate to say this but he had me so upset I was crying ! And it takes alot to upset me.
This saddens me and i'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience, April.

Here's what i find works for me, as a green nic. I laugh at em, use a smilie or a hehehe or a giggle (i may not be laughing inside but i will never give a bully the satisfaction of knowing they got to me), then immediately hit the ignore button.

Happy Gaming :D
for what it's worth

hearts14
Active Poster

Post by hearts14 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:29 am

Smoken - like it or not, that has always been part of the lobby in online games. It will never go away no matter if everyone was a guide. It actually is quite harmless, don't let it bother you.

April - I'm not here to attack you, just some friendly advice. Be more patient in games. You are not the most joyous person when you are losing. Is it right for them retaliate? No, they should just ignore you, but not everyone is like that. Just treat others as you want to be treated. A lot of people are nicer in the lobby then in games, even the guides act different. Guess we are used to that. But to post here was a bit misleading and not fair to others.

April Lee

Post by April Lee » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 am

Ok Hearts, your not attacking ? ? ? "your not the most joyous person when you lose" ! I had not mentioned anything about game activity. You are apparently a no shoot player because that is the ONLY place I get vocal (usually with fooms). NO SHOOTS are UGLY games ! Tho I try to play fair in those games, it's not easy to do, then alone try to have all 4 players follow suit! Dumping and p&p is part of the game, tho I don't like it in either of the 2 types of games I play (ask any of my partners), it is still not my first choice. As you can see from my rating on all of my nics, I play well at partners because p&p & dumping is not as common, and No Shoot games are my worst!

forum

fo·rum [fáwrəm]
(plural fo·rums or fo·ra [fáwrə])
noun
1. place to express yourself: a medium in which the public may debate an issue or express opinions, e.g. a magazine or newspaper
2. meeting for discussion: a meeting to discuss matters of general interest
3. Internet discussion group: an Internet discussion group for participants with common interests
4. law court: a law court or tribunal
5. public square in Roman cities: in ancient Rome, a public square or marketplace in a city where business was conducted and the law courts were situated

Why would you say such a thing ? ? "Guess we are used to that. But to post here was a bit misleading and not fair to others."

NOT FAIR ? ? MISLEADING ? ? I have every right to express myself per the above definition of the word "forum". I did not mention any names and was not in any way slanderous, misleading or unfair, I was describing what happened to ME in the LOBBY over the weekend !

But I would like to thank you for your somewhat "fair" opinion of me. Next time LEAVE THE GUIDES out of your opinion.

Have a nice day :D
April Lee

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:44 am

I have every right to express myself per the above definition of the word "forum".
One slight to correction: We have every right to express ourselves according to the rules of this forum...

Thanks and let's keep it sweet all! :D :D :D :D

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:52 am

Herbal Tea anyone?

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

April Lee

Post by April Lee » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:16 am

OPPS . . . . my bad CR, I should have said TOS :oops:

Again sorry.

Yes Hexa tea would be nice, Thank you :D

Huggsssss, April Lee
April Lee

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:24 am

Why Hexa, thank you so much for the tea!!! As for the fighting and squabblin in the lobby and games, that is the very reason that I accepted the position as a guide. This site is a refuge to alot of people. For some it is their only means of communication with the outside world. It is a family site where elderly, kids, and all other sorts of folks enjoy themselves and I feel that I owe it to the place to help keep peace and harmony. A very good rules of thumb is to treat people BETTER, than how you want to be treated. There are some very wonderful people here. And on a closing note, we all have bad dayz.

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:25 am

April Leeeeeeeeee

shouldnt u be studying? :wink:

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:47 pm

I've always felt that people act like children when playing online. People say things to opponents that would get them a stern warning, a penalty, or a DQ in live play. Somehow people think that hiding behind the keyboard at their computer at home gives them the right to say things that they would never say to someone's face. Since the internet allows people to be someone they're not it's easier to get away with such behavior.

I try not to take it personally, and if a "discussion" ensues during the game I leave it at the table. Yes I can get frustrated if I don't like how someone is playing. Yes I can get a little defensive if somebody makes snarky comments about what I did. Yes, I will sometimes beat a dead horse to make my point. However, taking it into the lobby doesn't change what happened.

Some people seem to get their jollies critiquing peoples play, and provoking their opponents. I try to avoid games with those people. Play them once shame on them, play them twice shame on me. :oops:

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Take some Herbal Tea and a mute button to go.

:wink:

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:40 am

from the lobby view...

there were no 'angels' in the AL incident....

mute works wonderfully....