Are we kids or adults

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:44 am

Think of the Survivor type shows where they throw people on an island or whatever and mix competition into the picture. They all start off very nice to each other and then usually a few turn ugly.

Now think of putting 200-300 people in a small room in Hardwood and expect them all to get along. LOL. You will have those that will do anything and everything to stand out, be heard over the others and WIN.
We just don't have the million dollar prize at the end and you don't get your own show next year. Others take this or what it really is. A place to have fun, enjoy yourself and play a game that lasts 10 or 15 minutes and then move on. The ratings were thrown in to acually add some enjoyment to the game.

Now I can't tell you who was in the top place last week, last month or last year, yet some seem to take it as a matter of life or death. This is when I am very glad we have hardwood and they're not sitting at my dining room table playing cards, swearing at me and getting ugly.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:33 am

The best way to compete is against yourself, set your goals achieve them and set higher goals. Don't worry about what others are doing and how much they have achieve they have set their own goals and must reach much higher goals to better themselves.

Set your style, learn from others take what you can use (not all styles fit all people or we would all be wearing the same thing both in cloths and the way we do things).

About saying things in person compared to online.... I hold my tongue in here because I try to follow the rules to be very honest. In person I guess you will have to find out some day. But here as well as online I will always be fair to others and treat them as I would expect them to treat me if the shoe was on the other foot.

Maybe when playing a game we all should think of the people at the table with us are friends and just how would you treat that friend if you wished to keep them? Maybe then we could find a way to get along. OR Maybe think of the people at the table being big ole Ogre's and they will eat ya for lunch if ya get nasty...... LOL what ever works.

There are always the few that ruin it for the many, just take a look at our laws and rules we have to live by: Taking of ones horse will get you hung by the neck until life has left your body.... now out of how many people were there horse theives?? 1% of 1% of the total population, but we created a law against it to stop those few (even though it didn't stop some). Same goes for rules... cussing/swearing how many of the total number of players would use it in their daily routine?? Very small percentage of the total number of players unless cussed at first, but we still have to have a rule because of the few.

JUST DUST

PS - I for one intend on having fun here, anyone else is invited to join in on the fun.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:53 pm

...Guess I met one of the "kids" last nite!!!

I was playing a game and in first place. At an appropriate time, I dumped the QoS on the high player. IMMEDIATELY, 3rd place started MASSIVELY fooming me, and proceeded to call me an idiot and a few other choice names.

He continues his ranting through the rest of that hand and through the entire next hand, where HE was the recipient of the QoS and I pulled in the JoD, winning the game and leaving him in 4th place!

Of course, being the adult that he was, he said a few more things, foomed me a few more times, and left! ...Not that ANYONE was sorry to see him go! 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:34 pm

:D Can't play together, without fighting,eh? Get to your rooms! and don't come out until you are prepared to play together nicely. :D
:roll: Well, it used to work with MY kids anyway :wink: Shame we don't have a "time-out" room :wink: :wink: BUT............we do have the blue smurfs :D :D :D

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:22 pm

It's this mentality that people should hit low when you otherwise have a chance to win the game...

It just doesn't make sense.

If you have the game won, DO IT!

It's mind boggling that people get upset when you try to win.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Just_Ice wrote:It's this mentality that people should hit low when you otherwise have a chance to win the game...

Yeah!!! And (LOL) to make it WORSE, I was expected to hit low when low was ME!!! ROTFLMBO!!! 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 pm

I make it a habit to never hit myself.... besides I hit too hard!!!

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:51 am

/me will try to always remember to duck when playing with Dusty lol

I am woman I am strong

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:50 am

Yep. If you're going to begrudge people for trying to honestly win a game, you have no business playing with other people.

Stick to playing bots. They're much more tolerant of tirades and rants about people trying to win.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:13 am

I dunno about that, Just...

* Server: Elly the Troll silenced for 10 minutes by: gotJack

He was just plain rude!

:) :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:06 am

LOL

Yeah, well Elly is a Troll, afterall.

She might be the exception to the rule.

:D

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm

It has also been report Elly cheats but don't tell anyone about that......

LOL

JUST DUST

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:11 pm

I complained about elly in the lobby and was givin a warning ....

I laffed so hard the tears rolled :lol:

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm

omni_555 wrote:
Just_Ice wrote:It's this mentality that people should hit low when you otherwise have a chance to win the game...

Yeah!!! And (LOL) to make it WORSE, I was expected to hit low when low was ME!!! ROTFLMBO!!! 8)
I'm so good at setting up low that I've set myself up when low and taken the queen and 10 hearts. :oops: