Hearts players please take note

sandbar
Guide

Hearts players please take note

Post by sandbar » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:43 pm

This is a quote from Grandma in Spades and I thought it was very well explained and that maybe those who don't visit Spades would like to read it. :D :D
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that one problem is that most of you don't see the beginning of things, and jump to conclusions when something resurfaces that a guide has already handled once or maybe twice, at which point the patience for it coming back up AGIAN is lessened. However if you weren't there for the first couple of times and saw the guide being patient then, it comes off to you that "man that guide didn't even give them a chance to explain" where the truth is the guide has been through it over and over with this same player.

Sometimes guides patience probably isn't as high as other times, we all have our days, me I try not to come in at all if I am having a bad day. But if you have one guide and three hundred players and a player is bashing the guide and others are starting to jump on the band wagon, and other players are asking questions, and someone is calling for a guide to the table and maybe there IM's are going off cause so and so is doing such and such in another room, there patience might get a little lower...........

Its easy to sit back and say I have noticed a change in a guides attitude lately, or I think that guide should have handled that problem differently when you don't know the whole story, don't know how many issues the guide is handling at the moment and don't know that the guide has told this player how to handle this situation themselves already and would like to be able to handle the new stuff instead of dealing with a repeat issue.

Just like its easy to say admin should fix this or post to that, after all we have been complaining about this for a week now. But, you don't know that admin is busy fixing stuff in the games we have, making new ones, taking care of problems players have, taking care of problems guides have, and working on keeping the spam and smut off the discussion board too. PLUS guess what guides and admin also have families that at times have needs for them too wow.

So its ok by me if you sit back in your living rooms and observe that maybe a guide didn't handle something the way you think it should be handled. I just wish before you jump in in the lobby and make the guides job harder, you would stop to think that there just might be more to it then what you are seeing on the surface, and then decide if jumping in is really the best idea. A guide can handle a situation with one player with more patience, but when that one player gets ten more jumping in the guide has to throw away the cookies and the patience and put a stop to it, as that is part of our job too. If you think any guide enjoys using their buttons and coming down hard on a player your wrong, however unlike greeters that is part of our jobs and we agreed to do it when it was neccessary.

When there are 300 or more players in a lobby, and ten are turning it into a battle zone, it is the guides job to stop those ten as quickly as possible so the other 290 players can enjoy the lobby.

Hope this helps you understand, one last point, that I know of all the guides are getting along just fine we are happily helping each other and enjoying helping each other and the members of this site sometimes we have more time to say hi and hugs etc in the lobbys sometimes we don't depends on what is going on at the time. But again you don't see us hi'ing and hugging on our IMs and so forth.
Last edited by sandbar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:49 pm

Really?

I thought the post as it was on THAT specific thread and a reply to THOSE specific posts was giving the impression that ALL players are ignorant and blind and that they must surely hallucinate.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

hearts14
Active Poster

Post by hearts14 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Actually that post was closed and locked by admin. We aren't allowed to reopen posts like that or copy them into new posts. And I agree, if we can't post pros AND cons, then no posts at all. Gets boring hearing all the "rah rahs" and not the "boos". Plus it flares tempers without solving the issues.

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Wow I didn’t see the any reference to my ignorance, my eye sight or anyone else’s, in that post. What am I missing? I read it as I thought it was intended, for information purposes.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Joyce, lol reread my post..
I thought the post as it was on THAT specific thread and a reply to THOSE specific posts

On the other thread where it came from, Joyce.. It was just a post of justifications..

I agree.. On this Thread, and it NOT being a response to some possible legitamate complaints.. its a master piece and i commend her for it.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:57 pm

:D It really was just meant for information to anyone interested :D I thought it was well said, and it explained a lot of what we as guides do.

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 pm

Good call Sandy ! This pretty much hits the nail square on the head.
:"You cannot add to the peace & goodwill of the world if you fail to create an atmosphere of harmony and love right where you live and work".
Thomas Dreier

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:38 pm

Sandy its nice that you felt my words might help others understand guides and admin better :) That was all really that was intended when I posted it origionally. It was never ment as a put down to anyone. I value the feelings of the players, guides and admin of this site and would not want to dismiss anyone or make them feel that their feelings were not worth saying.

But, there are in some cases a time and a place to say them :), sometimes its here, sometimes its at a game table, sometimes its in MM and sometimes its writing an email to support@silvercrk.com. Just depends on the issue and how detailed you want to get. Also if the guide hasn't given you a satisfactory answer then an email works best :)

Hugs and Smiles
I sincerely hope we can all understand that we are all human and all have rules to go by. :)

Cookies today are Pumpkin spice

I am woman I am strong

SCTNE
Noob

Re: Hearts players please take note

Post by SCTNE » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Good evening Sandbar and all guides / greeters and moderators,

Just in case I posted in the wrong place, my name is Robert and my first NIC was SCTNE. I was speaking with Sandbar last night and I understand that I have to wait a year until I can become a greeter or helper. I will enjoy volunteering online in hearts or any other card games that Silver Creek develops - I have them all. :D

Just to let you know, I have created two NICs. One for playing - SCTNE and one for just going in and helping players in games and teaching them - this NIC will be Will Shakespere where I will reset my rating every night - that does not matter to me as I am happy to be here and hopefully in time, you will come to trust and rely on me for your assistance or mine.

Just to give you some background on where I know hearts, I've been playing for over 10 years and have participated in tournaments. I also had a high ranking on the Yahoo hearts server, but they became too 'political' and I left. I have owned the SC games for over five years and only noticed the play online feature only a few weeks ago. Silly me, I did not see what was right there in front of my eyes. :oops:

I also had a good chat and a good time with Lady Pandora - thank you for playing and speaking to me last night and this early morning - that was really fun.

I hope that you will be able to monitor my behavior when I an in with either NICs but I will try to use my teaching one - Will Shakespere = more often as I enjoy helping and teaching people, even though I am not a helper or greeter yet. I wanted to be proactive today and show you all how I have fun and get real kicks off of when people learn and have fun in the game

Having fun is the full spirit of why it is online and we should all be able to have fun without any hassles. Should you need my assistance in that matter, I do have a Bachelor of Science in major - compu sci and minor in pshycology and am a customer serivce representative for a large fax server aompany.

Well, I've probably talked your ear off for now - he he. I hope that I will hear back from you after a while. Have fun and keep on playing!

Sincerely,

Robert - SCTNE (player) and Will Shapespere (teacher)... :mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Robert - SCTNE (Player), Will Shakespere (Teacher) amd Professor Robert (Tourneys only)

Senior Computer Telephony Network Engineer - emFAST Inc.
MCITP - SQL Business Intelligence . Vista / Window 7
MCSE - Windows 2003 and Exchange 2007 track

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I thought it was well said by Grandam S and thank Sandy for moving it from spades to hearts because I had not seen it before this.

SCTNE
Noob

Post by SCTNE » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Thank you US Marshall for moving it to the proper place. I apologize for any inconvenience... :)
Sincerely,

Robert - SCTNE (Player), Will Shakespere (Teacher) amd Professor Robert (Tourneys only)

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 am

Welcome, Robert! There are plenty of great people around, and the more good people we have the better our site becomes. I hope you enjoy the play online here, and please check out our tourneys as well (I am one of the TDs for the Tournament of Players, which we have nightly at 9pm ET except Saturdays).
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

SCTNE
Noob

Post by SCTNE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 am

Why thank you Sailing_Away. I shall consider coming in and having fun there too. I'll use my SCTNE NIC for that one. Greatly appreciated sir. :D
Sincerely,

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Robert,

Glad you popped in.... we would be glad for you to join us some evening for tourney. TOP is the only pure singles tourney on HW and as you saw we get quite a good group (7 tables tonight).

I see you are from Toronto... I will be moving up there by April. :-)
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

SCTNE
Noob

Post by SCTNE » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:48 am

Good morning Brian,

It was indeed a pleasure popping in last night. Sorry I did not pop in again like I promised - I needed to thank Pandora for her kindness and information when we spoke to each other a few nights ago and showed me where the forums are, etc.

I shall try to pop in tonight and get there on time. :) So you are moving to Toronto. That is very interesting - at least now I'll know another player from TO. he he. If you need help getting around this large metropolis, let me know and I'll give you directions/instructions. We'll do that under General instead of here. :) Myself I am a TTC user - if we get a chance meet (in which I am sure we will after you get settled in) face to face you will see why. :)

Time to go off to work, I'll catch you later. :D
Sincerely,