Friends List

sandbar
Guide

Friends List

Post by sandbar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:17 pm

:D A few players asked me if I would post in here and ask again about a Friends List, so here it is. :D
If possible they would like one added to Hearts, apparently the zone used to have one, and it worked well.

Luna
Active Poster

Re: Friends List

Post by Luna » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 pm

sandbar wrote::D A few players asked me if I would post in here and ask again about a Friends List, so here it is. :D
If possible they would like one added to Hearts, apparently the zone used to have one, and it worked well.

The Friends List feature at the Zone was very useful. It was easy to see who was in the room when you were. However the other big feature of the list was being able to PM people without having to use another program such as AIM, Yahoo, or MSN. I would like to have the ability to PM people at HW in some instances where I don't have them on mesenger, and don't want to give out my email in the lobby. I know I could go to MM to chat, but it seems like a bother particularly if I'm playing in smoots. (Yes, I do multitask and end out at times chatting and playing.)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 pm

Luna you sort of do have a PM here at Hardwood and as long as they sign up to the forum you can PM each other have this screen open. You can also create a "Quick Link" to the page, a players PM (if logged in) and a few other things and it would all showup in your taskbar but you would have to make your taskbar setting "always on top". You can always PM me on this if you need more details.

On the "Friends List" ..... I am in favor of this and has my vote, maybe even with grouping so you can add a friend and then under that their others nics. One thing to keep in mind is that you can also do this with a simple word (or spreedsheet) doc., have more flexiblity and as above create a "Quick Link" in your taskbar that you can pull up any time and even have it come up in a reduced format so it doesn't cover your whole screen............

Friends Enemies

BillyBobJoe aka Frank, Tom, and Philis Badguy aka Bad aka guy
JoannDaKnife aka SpikeYa, Killroy IHateEveryone aka nada

and when ya need it you pop it up and look for the names, you can use the command /find BillyBobJoe it the server will tell you if their here and where.

JUST DUST

PS - Just offering some alternatives, but as I said I would vote for a friends list, me personally keep it stored in the special room under lock and key so Mr. Grey can't get to it........ LOL
Last edited by Dust In The Wind on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

April Lee

Post by April Lee » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:22 am

I would be in favor of this also. And the ignore/mute feature, meaning once you put someone on that list they would always be muted even after they left the system. But unfortunately I don't think this is possible.

Dust ? Do you know how to search for a nic? I know it's possible by typing in something instead of scrolling down thru the whole list but I forget it. . . . . maybe this little feature would be helpful to others.

Huggssss, off to work . . . . Ya'll have a nice day :D
April Lee

57 FRD FRLN

Friends List

Post by 57 FRD FRLN » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:38 am

A friends list would be awesome. I would make sure NOT to have any guides on mine. LOL. Just kidding. That is a great idea and I did love it on the zone because I knew when they clicked in. :oops:

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:58 pm

April, you just type /find Sandbar and there you go!! :D

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:35 pm

i hope Fordie's gets stuck on find johnny, aka "Country Hart"