how often do you suspect cheating by collusion?

Straeh31
Active Poster

Post by Straeh31 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:03 am

Joe Andrews...My suggestion and "cure" for this "psuedo team" problem at HW is to let the computer randomly pair four players at each table...
What we don't want is to be like the Zone. The number of players there have reduced dramatically because of changes like above.

Part of the reason I like HW is for the enjoyment of playing against and with friends.

I don't need a computer to randomly select who plays at my table.

Going a step further, I'm sure we have all run across a few of the rude players, and frankly I don't want to be seated at their table by HW.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 am

Yes a lot more can be said of a rating achieve fairly than one that is done otherwise. I have never cheated here and feel very confident that MOST of the people here also can say they never have either. It's always the small percentage that ruins things for the many.

What do they get out of it..... nothing really.... last time I looked NO ONE is paying for high ratings. So if your not having fun, your missing the point of this site..... it won't get ya into heaven but could help you into hell LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:13 am

Ummm...

Mr. Dustman ~
it won't get ya into heaven but could help you into hell LOL

Into a Hell of honest guys~ and into a Heaven of Bad Boys... :twisted: ~~

Shiney .. aka Innocent Devil
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:08 pm

gecco wrote:Oh, there is collaberation going on, Jerry!

To think otherwise means you are in denial...

I cannot add any more to what has already been said... but there are way too many tables where un-natural plays keep occuring. Cards, by definition, are random ... and there is no way three players can play the hand perfectly to keep nailing the same player, hand after hand, without some sort of inside information, or atleast, pre-determined agreement
Geez, and I thought I was having a bad night. LOL One tournament with 200 being the ending score I ended out 4th with 200+ points 3rd place was 96. I just thought I was getting bad cards. The hold hands were brutal I think every single 1 I got dealt A,K, or Q of spades with one or no backers. I can't recall if it was a 2 adv, and a few wilds moving on, but I felt like the rest of the table was playing without me.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:16 am

I play hearts a lot and i have never cheated, not once in 7 years i pride myself on attaining my ratings fairly, there would be absolutely no point otherwise , they are only fooling themselves, now i have not noticed a heck of a lot of cheating in that time but have quietly witnessed in some games indication's that there could be. I say quietly because as i said b4 i more pity them than harbor bad feelings.

In saying that as the majority of players i encounter do NOT cheat i think the minority that may, spoil it for the rest, therefore i would be harsh if it was me imposing the punishment.

If the minority are caught , they probably serve a lil ban then come back with the massive rating they achieved and carry on regardless.

Now i do not know how possible this is, but i would not only ban them but i would reset the nic they was caught with too, and give them a little more food for thought.

ibeeducky
Active Poster

Post by ibeeducky » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:25 am

Ah saintly Modly...good idea there. But why stop with one nic?? If the few that do cheat are caught...reset all dem nics if it possible.... :twisted:
ducky

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:30 pm

:D LOL Ducky :arrow: :arrow: :idea: well yeah, i was thinking more of hitting the one nic HARD, to make them think and to see, if they could see the error of their way's, But if i look deep down in my soul, i can't disagree with ya.. Hugs

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

Collusion in Hearts

Post by Joe Andrews » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:32 am

"Many a tear has to fall, but it's all in the game"! :cry:

Carry on, play Hearts, and have fun!
Last edited by Joe Andrews on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 pm

lol this is not ANOTHER thread started by me, i only had my input, if u bother to look back u will see i never started it. And if u do not think i am entitled to my opinion AFTER the thread was already started, thats fine by me, after all this is as u point out only online and carries no real weight in the physical world ;)

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:46 am

:shock: You're kidding me!!! Right?????? Carries NO REAL WEIGHT, darn darn darn, I thought this was the PHYSICAL WORLD :shock: you have burst my bubble. :cry:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:29 pm

/me bought his boat with HH ratings points.......... yep I did.....

JUST DUST

PS - Traded in 3 nics I did......
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:48 am

Hmmmmm, da Swamp Man got a new boat with rateing points? I got a few 1600 nic's and would like to up-grade my boat too. Deal or no-deal? Had i spent the time working that I spent getting these few measley ratings, I could buy a new boat.
And just for the record, I agree with Mod on the point that if one is CAUGHT cheating, to reset the nic back to provie. If I go rob the bank and get caught, I doubt seriously that i retain the loot. Jus one man's opinion. jf

ibeeducky
Active Poster

Post by ibeeducky » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Ahh you so right hartone hun :),,,and ya got those 1600 nics honestly too :) I still say if anyone cheating and get caught...reset all da nics ....

Now that siggie of Modly's is cool and mesmerizing !
ducky