Farewell

American Beauty
Grand Master

Farewell

Post by American Beauty » Wed May 23, 2007 2:03 pm

While it has been a great pleasure serving you all, after much thought and deliberation with friends and administration, I feel it's time for me to move on.

I'll still be around. I'm just done being a guide. It's nothing that anyone has done, I just want to get back to having fun. I mean after 5 years, it's about time! :)

This is my decision and mine alone.

Thank you Jonas for trusting me all these years. You guys have been great! Hugs to Jason my old friend. Thanks to all my fellow guides for supporting me all these years. I love you guys. :)

Hugs my friends

x0x0x

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm

AB, I'll miss ya, no one to abuse, amuse or confuse, to have a laugh with, swear at, btw, do I get my nics back...lmao

You take care in your voluntary retirement and make sure you be a good girl mind, else your former peers will silence you...heaven forbid... :lol:

Well, now I have to change the Kewpie Doll and pick out another guide for mental gymnastics...

Better still. maybe they'll make me a guide....I can do all those things I have agonized about for a long time and silence people like 'me' at the drop of a hat, but then again...nah......can't replace the unreplaceable.

See ya around Dewdrop!!!
Last edited by Terry Brett on Thu May 24, 2007 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm

I'll say farewell but won't say goodby Susan, you did a lot of good things for the site and we have had many good talks. You can always PM or IM (when I remember to turn the thing on) me anytime.

Most of all have fun and I'll see you at the tables....

JUST DUST

PS - My table will be the one with the Ogre Smell, your welcome to join.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed May 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Congratulations on your Retirement Susan, you served Euchre well and I know you will have FUN playing games and devoting your time to the fun stuff.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Butthead
Active Poster

OK SUSAN so we are colour blind and ya found out!

Post by Butthead » Wed May 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Dear Susan,
So we see ya left the BLUE ....ya musta figured out that Linda (Pretty Smile) and I (Buttthead) are colour blind, but that dont make it easier to see ya.

All kidding aside, we are sad to see you decided that you dont need the hastle of babysitting us "fools" anymore.

BUT, we are very happy to hear that you will STILL be around as ONE of "US" to play the game instead of getting "Frustrated" by the people who feel they need to "Press your buttons"....

We confess, it has been fun at times to see just how close to that line we can get, but you KNOW we really meant no harm or inconvenience to you... just as "Playful" ways as treating you as an ACCEPTED FRIEND!!!

Feel Free to CONTACT US ANY TIME as we DO appreciate your kind friendship, and warm caring thoughts.

As you know, we have shared many private scenarios with you as we feel you are "FAMILY".... and we NEVER turn away "FAMILY"....

We do not know the reason you decided to leave your "POST" as a "GUARDIAN OF THE BLUESHIP"... but we know down deep that you would ONLY do that IF you felt it was needed to keep yourself in a status that leaves HARDWOOD as an entertainment venue for you rather than a heartache or as a tension strain.

We again are very sorry to hear of your decision to leave your "GUIDESHIP", but we are looking forward to seeing you more as an enjoyable happy stressfree opponent as a Euchre player.

Take care for now until we see ya in da lobby as ..... "Jus anudder Lobby Rat like us" (he he he )

HUGZ...... JEFF (Buttthead) & LINDA (Pretty Smile)

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:07 pm

have a Happy Retirement.. and Thanks for all the good things you done for HW..
Enjoy the games and have fun now...

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."
- Margaret Drabble

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Wed May 23, 2007 8:37 pm

You will be sorely missed as a HW guide....there is none like you.

Your friend and fellow blue..

Cher

Thanks a million for the numerous hours of personal time you spent on the site as a guide.

Hugs to you from me!

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 pm

I have never understood why when someone stops doing something in favor of something else, everyone acts like they died. I for one am NOT sending death flowers.

I say enjoy a well deserved break from the mundane and return to the realm of fun and excitment.

HW Angel
Active Poster

Post by HW Angel » Wed May 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Susan, it has been an honor to work with you as a guide the past few years. You have contributed countless hours helping players and guides. You will be greatly missed as a guide but I wish you tremendous happiness in moving forward. I won't say farewell because I know you will still be here with our family and I am very happy for that. :)

Moordock
Grand Master

:)

Post by Moordock » Thu May 24, 2007 7:47 am

Susan,

Cher is right, you will be missed in blue, but you are happy and that is all any friend could ever wish for another!!!

IGYB - Always!

Moor

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Thu May 24, 2007 11:23 am

Susan on Your ...

Retirement :
An acquired belief that failure is impossible.
Investments made early-on, makes dividends more profitable.
Beneath it all, the pride of your labors will show.
Like a harvest moon or a brightly colored rainbow
Last edited by WIST on Thu May 24, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
for what it's worth

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Thu May 24, 2007 12:35 pm

:(

I think the reason we might be sad, is because realistically when guides leave blue, they tend to not come around as often. I hope that is not the case with Susan.

You will be GREATLY missed as a guide. Please continue to come around and visit us often.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am

Ahh Thank you all for your warm replies. :) Smiles :)

As I mentioned earlier, it's been 5 years, and it's amazing the difference both mentally and emotionally, what it feels like to put aside this responsiblity.

I can tell you already what I miss.

I miss being able to do something about the bullies. After all, that was my motivation behind becoming a guide in the first place.

What I don't miss:

Being called out of games. Sometimes a guide will be called out even during a tourney, especially in a game like Euchre where there are so few guides already. I'd get called out of games 3 or 4 times a day sometimes.

I don't miss having to play with one eye always on the lobby because even in a green name, a guide is never really off duty. This is the first time I've had a real break from it in 5 years. And I have to admit, it feels great.

I must take a minute to say that I really appreciate all the support everyone has shown me.

I have been overwhelmed with offlines of 'thank yous' from many many players, and also emails. The response has been completely astonishing... mercy me!

Katy, you have been a pillar of support and I really don't know what I would have done without you.

Moordock -- one of my oldest friends on the site. What can I say? IGYB2
Always!!!

Jason, maybe I'll come out for a visit this summer. :)

& Heaven, you know I'll be around.

*50StarBeauty tosses a kiss to Terry. (wink)

Wist, thank you for that word of encouragement. Hugs :) x0x

Nana, grandma, Dust, and Cher: Keep up the good work! and I'll be calling on you. :)

Jeff and Linda: Faith, Hope, and Love and the greatest of these is love. You are both blessed. And as you have given, so shall you receive.

Hugs x0x0x

Your friend ~ Susan

Lil Imp
Grand Master

Post by Lil Imp » Sat May 26, 2007 3:36 pm

Susan,
Have a wonderful and happy retirement hon. I worked with you several times on different projects and I have always respected your judgement and good sense. Thanks for all you have done for HW. It has been a pleasure working with you as a guide. Have fun........ Love ya.

RubyDiamond
Noob

WOOHOOO One less Blue...lol

Post by RubyDiamond » Sun May 27, 2007 2:22 am

You've always been an inspiration to those of us aspiring to be a BLUE peep in smoots. I've only been around for a year, but you have done an awesome job and i plan on whoopin u at the tables!!

Love to ya and happy retirement.

RubyDiamond