General Warning For Euchre Players

American Beauty
Grand Master

General Warning For Euchre Players

Post by American Beauty » Fri May 25, 2007 11:59 am

Attention, Please.

If a player comes and asks for you to give them your password so they can have a higher-rated nic, DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM!

We have had a number of players, dozens actually, that have fallen for this scam and have had other names stolen as well. And once they have your password, they can go in and change it. And once that's done there is nothing administration can do, except perhaps censor the nic, and that is not a real solution.

Sometimes the person asking will say that if you give her your password she will turn you blue. In that event, please file a report and notify administration immediately, for that is a bannable offense.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri May 25, 2007 6:30 pm

PPsssttt Susan...... /me gives her his password (*^&^%*%**

/me Ogre trusts Susan

JUST DUST

PS - LOL, but seriously she is absolutly right, those that do get your account/nic password can do a lot of damage before you can say boo!!
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:10 am

You can change your password on a certain nic before giving or letting someone use your nic. That way all your other nics are still protected.
always play your best, and keep counting.....

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:33 am

Its still a very bad idea, as that nick is yours and if they use it and say start cussing or something it could get you banned. And telling admin I loaned it to so and so isn't gonna help.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

HW Angel
Active Poster

Post by HW Angel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:59 am

GrandmaS that was my same response when I read this post and I went searching. Jonas has stated the same in the public forums before.

Jonas wrote:DO not use another person nick, some of the ways folks get banned may lump you into the ban thorugh the techincal association.

It's not bannable to have somone give you thier nick, but it's a realy really bad idea.
Lately I have encountered many players in spades and euchre discussing giving away or loaning nics to have a player play the rating up.

When I have had to work with players who made this unfortunate mistake and found themselves suddenly banned with no offense, it often takes several weeks for SCE to untangle the accounts and have the ban removed from the player that was not supposed to be banned.

kiddo34
Active Poster

Re: General Warning For Euchre Players

Post by kiddo34 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:57 am

Why would anyone want to share a nic? It is only a game why does the rating matter so much to some people? Thay can have my nic and get the rating up for me then give it back LOL just kidding