7's Revolution

In2ition
Active Poster

7's Revolution

Post by In2ition » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:15 am

Far be it for me to be a nuisance..... cough cough....But after the last posting regarding this topic going pretty much ignored by the powers that be... and the fact that it's still brought up in game after game in HW, i think it only fitting that i try and bring it to the forefront again.

7's UP!

The way this game was created. It was created this way for a very good reason. It evens out the card distribution, eliminating the frequent loner factor, making for a much fairer and more enjoyable game.

Even if you disregard that fact, the players, the people that are paying for this game, have requested it as an OPTION.

We are not trying to change the layout of the game. The graphics are excellent. The fooms creative. The binds... well the binds can be tedious, but fun never the less. The social aspect second to none. The game play options in euchre???? Well thats where the ball seems to get dropped.

There well over 50 different ways to set a table in spades. A game i also enjoy and have purchased. There are near as many in Hearts, a game i also enjoy and have purchased. These options have clearly been made available to make the game play more enjoyable for the loyal customers that have spent their hard earned money buying your games. And for that i'm very happy for the spades and hearts players.

But hey.... remember us?

Have we done something to upset the programmers?

A euchre player can't play a timed game (not that i've ever heard the desire to) We cannot extend the point play past 15. But the biggest killer is the fact that we do not have a 7's up deck as an OPTION! Thats all i'm asking for. The OPTION to play 7's up. The SITE at the moment is good. How about making the GAME better, or at the very very least explain to your loyal paying customers why you wont? I honestly believe we deserve that.

While the last post on this topic had not received an overwhelming amount of votes on the poll, the percentages shown should clearly indicate to you that there is a majority out who would like to have the option.

If it is merely a matter of numbers needed to support the issue, then again let us know. Myself and many others will be pushing this to as many players as we can in order to drum up support for it. Joe Andrews has offered to host an exhibition game at this years GP in order to show players how much of a more enjoyable game it can be. I can't thank him enough for offering to do that. He is obviously a player that realises the advantages of a 7's up deck.

I think i have rabbited on enough. I've tried to point out the pros and cons. Time to leave it to the true owners of this game, the ones that are paying to keep it available. Please don't let yet another post dwindle away to insignificance.

Best of luck in all your games players

Oh and by the way.... if anyone has any questions about what 7's up deck is or means, please do not hesitate to ask. Put very simply it means you are playing with 7's and 8's in the deck as well!

Goodlookinsmine

Post by Goodlookinsmine » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:37 am

Ive only ever played euchre the way the tables can be set as they are now, and sometimes it does get boring, im always willing to learn to play games in any way they can be played, just to see if i like playing that way, or to make the game more enjoyable. You only have to look at how many players are in Spades or Hearts at any given time of day to the number that play Euchre, is it because they have more options on how they wish to play?

Giving Euchre players more options on how they can set thier tables and play may actually bring more players into Euchre, because maybe like me they do get bored with the games easily at times.

So i vote yes give us the option.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:23 am

The 7s up OPTION, note option, is an absolute must for euchre. If you play a game of pairs Euchre with a 10s up Deck, have no cards in the Kitty you get a Loner just about on every deal ( no skill is required for this game at all ) the family Dog can play the hand and win. 9s up is not much better, approx every 4 hands dealt are Loner potential as i have stated on numerous occasions. The 7s up game is a magnificent test of a true Euchre stratigest, the loner will not save you in this game. I have at least 20 New Zealand friends that have played this game sinse they were Kids and they love the HW concept but laugh at the shortened version and the Loner Banquet, everyone of those people will buy the game if the 7s up version is on HW, if they don't i will buy it for them. Come on HW, Jonas take the Bull by the horns on this one, it's a winner. Let's convert all these good ole American Boys and Gals to the true game. Remember it's an option,nothing changes, just more players on HW. :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Jessie176
Noob

Why not????

Post by Jessie176 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:09 am

I am so glad I got to this early lol..Anyhow, Why not make an option for 7's Up? When I started playing Euchre, i was playing in Hoyle only. When i got introduced to Hardwood Euchre, I was amazed by the Cut Deck option and the Brotish Option!!! Needless to say, I have not been back to Hoyle in about 4 years. Why?? Because Hardwood Euchre has 2 options that Hoyle does not have, that I have grown to love, and playing in other sites without those options, is plain boring.

In spades & Hearts...(yes I do try to play in both sites) There are many options on how to set the tables. Variety is what people enjoy. The numbers in those 2 sites (if you took a poll) I would bet most of them would say the reason they enjoy the site is because of the many options they have available to play with. Now Euchre, which when I started playing in 4 years ago or so, has grown a great deal. So buisness wise, I think it would be a good idea to look into. But that is just looking at it on your end of the deal. Players are what make the site...If you have a group of people asking for a new option, an option that would help Euchre grow, I think it would be great to do it for the members. I have no clue how hard it is to add a new program like this, but I would wager in the long run, it would show to be a posative venture made. From what I have heard from those who want the option, I would love to try it...WHY NOT?? :) We have Brotish & Cut Deck Options...Why not 7's Up?

Good luck my friends!!
DJ_JESSIE

Jessie176
Noob

ha ha ha

Post by Jessie176 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 am

Brotish means British on my 1st cup of coffee. Sigh...Sorry LOL
DJ_JESSIE

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:27 am

I'd nover hove noticed Jess of you dodn't point thot out! Thonks for clorrifying thot for os

master_zapper

7's UP

Post by master_zapper » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:54 am

Thankyou In2ition for bringing this to the floor.
When I first learnt to play euchre we always played 7's up. This is a very enjoyable game and I would love to see it as a option here on HW. HW is great place to play as you have rightly stated however I believe that having this as an option will encourage more players to the site especially Australian and New Zealand players.

Enjoy your games :)

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:55 am

Would really like to try playing euchre in every form or option there is. Its a first game that didnt get boring even after my 4-5 years of playing it on a daily basis!!!
And I actually thought this way of playing euchre (and british) are the only ways. So YES please make 7s up an option :)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:29 am

What i would really like to see is Jonas' post and say Yes, No, Maybe or we are looking into it. :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

myheartisbroken

7 up

Post by myheartisbroken » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 am

i think this is a wonderfull idea to bring into hardwood! its always great to have options of style playing, people get bord easy. although i dont know yet know how to play it i'd look forward to learning it. i know that in my opinion thats why tourney are so wonderfull with game variety of games ex rev. & stick the dealer and so on. i think it would also generate more sale purchase of the game site as well more options more happy costomers.

thanks for your time!
B

Lead um P
Noob

Post by Lead um P » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 am

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I would love to play this variation of the game. :D

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:04 am

Hey Guys and Gals think what ya can do with Trump, a whole 9 of them, 7 "Next" and 8 of the Long suit. When someone goes for a Loner you could have 5 Trump in your hand as the opposition, scary thought for the Loner brigade. What is so good about this format of the game is you have eight dead cards in the kitty. Push for this peeps it's fantastic. I bet ya don't hear too many players complaining about loner after loner. Ok i have done my dash. :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

WickedWedgieWoman
Active Poster

Post by WickedWedgieWoman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:52 am

Well, you all are for this, someone has to swim against the current here.

What about all those HARDWOOD SPECIALS ( I tend to get) now instead of a 9, 9, 9, 10, 10 hand, I'll get a 7,7,7,8,8 hand.. Weeeeeeeeeeee That's sumthing to look forward too!!

Good luck with your quest! Doesn't matter one way or the other to me!

:D

maktub
Active Poster

Post by maktub » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Convincing arguments has been eloquently presented on behalf of the reasons why this change would benefit the players of Euchre. So I will not bore you with such repetition.

So I will appeal to the programmers on a different note.

I cannot begin to pretend to understand the amount of man-hours it would take to program this option or to update the server. However, there is one thing I do understand, and that's people.

New options mean more happy people.

Happy people multiply by telling their friends... and so on.

Bottom line, more people means more revenue for Hardwood and its employees.

Every sucessful product needs to repackage or reinvent itself.

It's time for the New and Improved Euchre... Satisfaction guarenteed!

WickedWedgieWoman
Active Poster

Post by WickedWedgieWoman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Well, if the programmers are gonna spend a time on an update, they should ALSO program it so us players have the option to make a room private and let the host of the room invite only certain players in.

I think this is beneficial as its obvious that not everyone reads the lobby and when players are setting up games with friends and people just jump in, and at times it takes 15 minutes to organize a game. It would also be beneficial for you HIGH rates to organize a game and not have distractions of spectators if you don't wish them to be there!

Have a great day all! Only 16 days till Grand Prix, can't wait to meet you all that are attending!
XOXOX