7's Revolution

WickedWedgieWoman
Active Poster

Post by WickedWedgieWoman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 pm

Oh and lets go one step further, option to set the table for BEST 2 OUT OF 3, that way we won't get the hit and runners! Auto maximum point loss if they leave before the games are played! :P

Just a thought.

WickedWedgieWoman
Active Poster

Post by WickedWedgieWoman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:50 pm

one step further further... lets just program it to I get all the trump every hand delt!

That's fair

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:52 pm

In the spirit of trying to get back on track a little... The programming as such already exists. HW's random card generator already changes to allow for the joker being added in British Rules. The code needed to have another option on the Host Game menu, already exists. We've seen it in hearts and spades. It's not a difficult feat for the programmers to achieve.

As far as the HW special hand goes, a 7's up deck will reduce the amount of times that happens just as much as it will reduce the amount of loners. The cards are more evenly spread out. Your offsuit becomes more of a weapon. Your loners may actually require a little bit of thought to play out succesfully. More skill and crafty play will result from this.

While i appreciate somebody finally speaking up against it, at the end of the day we are asking for an OPTION! That is all. If you decide you'd rather not play with a 7's up deck, then you also will have the OPTION not to play it, just as much as you have the option to play cut deck, british, STD or social.

Still no response from Jonas?? The ayes have it so far.

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:57 pm

one step further further... lets just program it to I get all the trump every hand delt!
It's already programmed in such a way that it basically happens every couple of hands. Maybe you need to play musical chairs and swap seats evey second hand. Chase the loner because it's always there.

maktub
Active Poster

Post by maktub » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:26 pm

WickedWedgieWoman wrote:Well, if the programmers are gonna spend a time on an update, they should ALSO program it so us players have the option to make a room private and let the host of the room invite only certain players in.
There is already such a thing available. It's called Glenda's

To me it would seem smart (and profitable) to update an already existing game. Sure! Create new games. But invest in those that have already shown loyalty to the site.
Last edited by maktub on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is written.

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:43 am

Wicked.... just tell those two you gonna wax em :roll:
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

WickedWedgieWoman
Active Poster

Post by WickedWedgieWoman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:24 am

LOL

Chasing a loner is like chasing a rainbow for its pot of gold, you know that better then anyone in2ition.

ahahahaha Amal, I'm saving the wax for you! :P

Chaotic1

Post by Chaotic1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:40 am

Hardwood is by far the best site that I have found to play a game that I love. So why not make it better by adding more options. While I have never played 7's up I certainly would be eager to try it, if i had that option. So let the powers that be hear us this time.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Changed my name by deed poll to Amal...now I await the waxing :P

Btw, the other ideas regarding the euchre deck are good too, but lets not digress...back to the waxing.... :twisted:
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

JupiterCoyote
Active Poster

Post by JupiterCoyote » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:48 am

Amal did i tell u u could post in here....thats it im not teaching u spades anymore!!!!! :twisted:

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:42 pm

Still absolutely no input from the powers that be!
Jonas, Jason, anyone else that has any kind of say as to what happens with the site that we've all paid for????
Are we upsetting someone? Then tell us! Give us something here please.

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:18 am

In2ition... tc tc tc... u still havent learned anything in these years spent on HW. If you want the deus ex machina to appear you need to start calling ppl names, shout, curse on forum or just mention that 7's up means something naaasty in urban dictionary :D .

The reply is guaranteed.

The measures will be taken. Resistance is futile.

P.S. Jupiter geezus told you not to mention spades in relation to me in public.... Its ruining my reputation... I have no idea wot you are talking about :shock:
P.P.S. (pssst Tuesday at 4pm we work on bidding)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:31 am

LOL nope you do that you just get me coming in zapping you and find yourself taking a vacation from the board for awhile. :)

Now have some cookies and a little patience

I am woman I am strong

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:35 am

cookies are stale and patience is empty. I dont thats an unreasonable mood to be in considering we've been trying to get some form of response since May 28.

Can you offer what you believe to be a reasonable timeframe for a response Grandma. would be greatly appreciated! :D

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:49 am

LOL Grandma.....I just love to see ppl telling other ppl stuff like calm down, and have patience. Never known a better way to get some1 upset than to tell them to calm down. Are you in denial about serecetly wanting to get other ppl upset? :twisted:

As for the 7's up. Sure, why not. Can't hurt as an option. I actually think the more options the better. I know with hearts and spades I ended up buying them because of the different options I'd never played before that were fun. Now I think some options, like cutthroat spades, are pretty much as popular as good 'ol regular spades. Also, most ppl who buy a game for one version will try the others.....and then everyone gets to play more. (I believe the more ppl playing means more ppl buying the game too :shock: )

Oh, and maybe get rid of the TRAM in euchre too so we get more serious euchre players. Or, atleast reprogram it so it doesn't give away opponents hands.