Just an idea (sorry no drama)

Tamara
Noob

Just an idea (sorry no drama)

Post by Tamara » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a HW gathering?

I dont mean 3day non-stop euchre fest where money is the main objective, more like friends getting together to play cards and have some fun.

There can be a monetary prize involved, but it would be minimal so the focus can be on having a good time.

If anyone thinks this might be something they would like to do then reply to this post, give suggestions as to: where, when, format, rules, how to add more drama to the site, etc.....:) :) :) :)
He bought my world :)

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:24 am

Oh yes please, Americans as the main incredient, Canadians to put the wooden spoon into the recipe for stirring, two Croatian sisters for the sweetener, some Aussies if they will issue them Visa' s, International guests for the allround flavour, and a Kiwi for good measure. note that i didn' t call the Aussies international, oh well they will prolly arrive on American passports bought on E bay. Oops better be careful what i say, jus going out the door to catch some American transport, i'm still in Lansing. Good idea Tammmmmmmmm. :) :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:52 am

Ogre bring Da Crocs for Croc Stew.....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 am

I can bring Ogre repellant......ROFL........j/k Dust 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Ok I guess Ill be the first one with some specific info as a suggestion on where and when...

Here it goes:

Croatia, next summer 8)

And then Id like to see you how you gonna play after 10 freaking hours on plane :)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

Purely Innocent
Active Poster

Post by Purely Innocent » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm

I dont think Croatia actually exists... you're making it up. Now maybe i'd go if you suggested a REAL place! mwahahahah :twisted:

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

"Fun Euchre.

Post by Joe Andrews » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:26 pm

I would be very interested in helping with a fun Euchre gathering in the Spring time, April, 2008 (The upcoming Fall / Winter are very busy times for many of us, not to mention the Holidays and possible bad weather.)

The mid west would be a good location, as many Euchre players live in this general region. How about Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or Columbus?

The emphasis would be on fun, without cash Prizes. Round Robin formats are ideal for this. Any other suggestions regarding time or locations?

-J

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:12 pm

Ok Toronto is clearly the only place an event like this could be held.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Cinn. is about in the middle of euchre country as any.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Purely Innocent
Active Poster

Post by Purely Innocent » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:07 pm

Doc, dear.. Toronto is only for those with no soul. or those whom have had their souls sucked out of them. Oh yeah, and leaf fans.. which I think falls under the category of those with no hope left in them? Either way... I have an allergy to Toronto. As do Croatians. And most others. In general. 8)

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:23 am

Personally, I suggest Iraq, after all, most nationalities are there already and I'm sure we'd get a Sunni reception and have a Shi'ite of a time.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

up a crk
Noob

Post by up a crk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:23 am

St. Louis MO- 15 point games- April or May 2008- and you can just donate any prize money to me. :)

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Terry Brett wrote:Personally, I suggest Iraq, after all, most nationalities are there already and I'm sure we'd get a Sunni reception and have a Shi'ite of a time.
Aaaaaand Im positive we'd get quite a deal on the hotel prices :)
Purely Innocent wrote:Either way... I have an allergy to Toronto. As do Croatians. And most others. In general.
Ahahaha sometimes Im amazed how u read my mind :twisted:
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm

TO is the most culturally diverse city in the world (so everyone would feel welcome), it's Canadian (so everyone is friendly), and it's where the best euchre player in the world lives (so you can learn something). So take some allergy pills, forget about bad hockey towns like Ottawa that do nothin but choke every year, and come to Toronto......where the air is crisp ;)
Last edited by Doc on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LilRed2003_56
Active Poster

Post by LilRed2003_56 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:07 pm

The mid west would be a good location, as many Euchre players live in this general region. How about Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or Columbus?
I know they call this the midwest but I also live in whats called the midwest and thats Nebraska.

How about in the Middle of the USA?

St. Louis would be nice BUTT I prolly won't make it there as it is almost 8-10 hours away.

How about Omaha, Nebraska?? Or Lincoln,Neb. even?

They are both centrally located to both coasts and to the Canadians.

Just my thoughts on this subject.
Live every day to your fullest.
LilRed2004