Playing from a Different Computer

jdoublehaul

Playing from a Different Computer

Post by jdoublehaul » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Is it possible to play on a different computer than the one you signed up on? My battery is dead on the laptop and I'd like to play using my wife's computer...didn't know if it was possible. If not, what happens when I eventually buy a new computer...do I have to buy another HW?

Regards,

Jeff

kiddo34
Active Poster

Re: Playing from a Different Computer

Post by kiddo34 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:18 pm

When you buy Hardwood, the key is yours and you can install it on your new computer without buying another, that is what I understand. I have had hardwood for 7 years and have installed it on several computers as I have gotten a few new ones. Someone please correct me if i am wrong on this, but I understand that the key is yours for life and you don't need to buy a new key.

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:13 pm

You got it right kiddo :lol:

The key is yours. On your other computer, d/l your favorite HW games. When you login, hit the F6 function key, and type in the correct key and info, on that screen.... then bob's your uncle :).
for what it's worth

Rpapaman

Post by Rpapaman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello!

I know this is not exactly the issue here, however, I need help!!! I just purchased a new Dell laptop computer (with new windows vista home edition, and I just cannot install my Hardwood Euchre Game we purchased approximately 6 years ago!

Does anyone know and can e-mail me an answer as to why I cannot get this program installed on my laptop? Does the older versions of Hardwood Euchre not work with the new windows update (Windows Vista-Home Edition)???

Do I need to obtain an updated version of this disc for euchre, as, I will absolutely not be without it!!

Please, any helpful response would greatly be appreciated.

Ron in Calais, Maine

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Ron, when you say you cannot install euchre, what exactly is happening when you attempt to install? I'm no technie, but if you give more information, i'm sure someone will come along to help you.
for what it's worth

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 pm

A couple things here, one your all right you own the key and can put it on your home and laptop computers. Just make sure the game is not being played on both computers at the same time (say you on one and your spouse on the other) for that you would need two keys.

As for the question on windows Vista on your new laptop. I got a new laptop with Vista on it as well, and instead of using the CD I downloaded it from the mail site that way I got the latest version and have had no problems so you might try that.

http://www.silvercrk.com to download the latest version and then just put your key in when you get to that point :)

I am woman I am strong

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Slight correction
You may play the same game at the same time on 2 different computers. However, if you wish to play at the same table as someone with the same key as yours, the server will only allow you to play social, or 'unrated' games. I believe the same holds true for having the same IP address, too.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 pm

by Unicron on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:04 am

One key means one person playing the game at a time. We monitor these sorts of things and if we see accounts doing it often your account can be temporarily suspended or your account removed. It is very important to remember your unlock codes are for one user. You can install on any computers in your home, but it can only be in use by one person at a time.

Jason
This is a quote from the general section by Jason/Unicron a Silver Creek Administrator, I don't want anyone getting in trouble because they are misinformed.
Thank you

I am woman I am strong

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm

According to that, yes. I stand corrected.
It's news to me. People of the same family play all the time, thus the whole idea of having to play social games. I have even see guides of the same family on at the same time ...in the same game.

>>>scratches her head

I certainly don't want anyone getting into trouble either. Good thing that was clarified. :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:41 pm

As I said above you can be on at the same time IF you each have your own key. But one key only one plays at a time :)

I am woman I am strong

Rpapaman

Post by Rpapaman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 am

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my issues of not being able to install HW Euchre from my original CD!
I downloaded the game from web site, used my key code, and, presto, I was able to get in!!
Again, thanks so much, and, we shall see you all in HW Euchre!!!! :D

Gratefully,

Ronley Tolles
Calais, Maine
AKA RetRon

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Excellent news Rpapaman :lol:
for what it's worth