Hi everyone

maktub
Active Poster

Re: Hi everyone

Post by maktub » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Todd Johnson wrote:The opponent on my left doesn't have any spades left because they played a king under my ace... ;)

That is why I love it when I have 2 side by side, king and queen, so I can trick you. ;)

up a crk
Noob

Post by up a crk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 pm

the player to the left of me follows suit with a king, my partner follows with a queen

maktub
Active Poster

Post by maktub » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Yes, I know.

I was speaking of a different scenerio, thus the words, 'I love it when...' :)

I didn't feel a need to fill in all the blanks.
;)

Harden1313
Active Poster

Post by Harden1313 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Arrrgghhh!! This past week has been one large blow out on Hardwood for me. Every nic of mine has dropped at least 100 points....and for the life of me I just can't figure out what's happening. Seems most hands I'm carrying a fist full of 9's 10's and Queens with at least 3 suits. The majority of the last week's games have been massive landslides either for or against me. Seems I either have a loner or nothing. Is this something that's common to Hardwood? I hear a lot about the randomness of HW and maybe this is what people speak of. Having to sit down at a 1350 table because my nic has fallen that bad and knowing I play better than that is rough let me tell ya. I'm not saying I'm great but when you're sitting there pulling your hair out every hand because of some basic thing your partner is doing or not doing you just know something stinks. :x

Ok....I feel better. :D

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:32 am

Harden1313 wrote:Arrrgghhh!! This past week has been one large blow out on Hardwood for me. Every nic of mine has dropped at least 100 points....and for the life of me I just can't figure out what's happening. Seems most hands I'm carrying a fist full of 9's 10's and Queens with at least 3 suits. The majority of the last week's games have been massive landslides either for or against me. Seems I either have a loner or nothing. Is this something that's common to Hardwood? I hear a lot about the randomness of HW and maybe this is what people speak of. Having to sit down at a 1350 table because my nic has fallen that bad and knowing I play better than that is rough let me tell ya. I'm not saying I'm great but when you're sitting there pulling your hair out every hand because of some basic thing your partner is doing or not doing you just know something stinks. :x

Ok....I feel better. :D

Happens in live games too. Just the way cards fall. Check to see if you might have made a hand/call by playing different, if not then just ride out the bad luck. It'll turn around, just keep your head up.

Harden1313
Active Poster

Post by Harden1313 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks Todd. Sure wish people here in Colorado knew about the game, then I'd have some live play too. :D

I miss reading people's actions. Less gut and more statistics online but it's still tons of fun. Things are turning like I knew they would, just venting. :wink: I do need to call more often though, just wish I didn't get screamed at when I get euchred. :roll: I'm going to slow down on playing and watch the higher rated games more. See you round Todd.

Harden1313
Active Poster

Post by Harden1313 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Well, three months and 1000 games using the advice from this forum and I've got myself 5 nics all over 1550. 2 over 1650 and one at 1750. Can't thank you guys and gals enough!!! It's like a light bulb was turned on (though the breaker still gets tripped once in awhile) and the game is just easier to see now. Todd helped me loosen up so I get more cross trumping going on with my p which has changed everything. I'd love to play with you all so hit me up sometime, catch me with these nics:

Night Ace
Quit Poking Me
Letch Fealey