Player communication after a game

MikeyMo

Player communication after a game

Post by MikeyMo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm new, of course! Last night Peekaboo told me during the game, as a watcher, she would see me in the forum later that night. Well, I crashed and did not get to this forum until now. Is this the place she was talking about or is there another venue to use? Or did she mean the texting chart in the lobby?

Love the game. Discovering new things and making mistakes all the time. Got booted and made complaint/report not knowing what had happened. Got back to the game and someone left game early. Oh, well. Learning some people don't want to play with me or against me.

An afterthought. Peekaboo123 does not appear in the list of players for euchre. But will be there if she is in a game. Is that normal?

Thank you Silver Creek. And you too, GrandmaS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeyMo
Last edited by MikeyMo on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Player communication after a game

Post by grandmaS » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Your very welcome, can't tell you what Peekaboo ment but this is the forum for discussing the games and cool thank you's lilke yours :)

Check out all the forums you can learn a lot of cool tips and tricks about Hardwood in the general forum.

And above all HAVE FUN.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

MikeyMo

Post by MikeyMo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:55 pm

'Since posting the question, I have discovered you can communicate by hosting a game with bots and telling the person you want to talk to to visit you there. Also by going to another room and texting in the chat room. Which I didn't know I could do until last night. When I first connected with silver creek, I rushed right into the online games without exploring the features in the bot games. I guess the best way to learn is by experience. Like learning games and strategies. Make mistakes and try not repeating them. Thanks GrandmaS! Love you. Hugs and smiles to you too.

Mike

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 pm

An afterthought. Peekaboo123 does not appear in the list of players for euchre. But will be there if she is in a game. Is that normal?
Yes, that is right. She will only be in the list if she is in the room.
To look for her in another room, without having to go there,
type /find Peekaboo123 then hit enter
If she is in any room in euchre it will tell you where. If she's not in HW at all it says "Can't find player".

Im not sure but i think i remember that it works through out the other games. Such as typing /find Hexa from an euchre room will tell you i am in Hardwood Spades Gnomes and a game #. (atleast it used to, someone may come along and correct me if im wrong)

Welcome & Good Luck to you.
xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Yes you are right in your memory Hexa, it will tell you what game and what room a player is in anywhere in HW. Never tried a /find while I was in more than one game, wonder how that would work out....... I'll get back to you on that one.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:49 pm

Thank you Dust

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 am

Ok if the player you seek with the /find command is in more than one game (say hearts and euchre) it will show the game from which you are doing the seeking from (so if in euchre it will show euchre, will not show hearts also).

If you are in a different game than a player is in and they are in more than one game, it is random which one it will display. BUT it will only show the "Player nic is in spades room" not which room within the game. But if you go to that game and do a find it will show you more.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!