Standardised Win/Loss Ratings for Provis

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Re: Standardised Win/Loss Ratings for Provis

Post by Terry Brett » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Whats all the hu-ha...so it takes a little longer to get to 1700 or beyond because of the first 20 games. In the big picture the first 20 are insignificant. I presume u reset as well to try to get to the perfect 20...take it on the chin and just enjoy the game!!
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

maktub
Active Poster

Post by maktub » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:04 pm

heh >>giggles

Funny, I see no complaints when they win 14 games in a row against 'the Commoners' ;)

My sentiments exactly, Mr Brett. Well said. :)

And reset.. ha! we'd be lost without Morphious...err I mean the Reset Button ;)

Oh, and just for sake of argument: The flaws cannot be found in the design... so much as in those who exploit them, philosophically speaking. :D
It is written.

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Ok I figured I might as well register for this board since they made it all nice an purdy now. :) As far as the topic goes...
Terry Brett wrote:Whats all the hu-ha...so it takes a little longer to get to 1700 or beyond because of the first 20 games. In the big picture the first 20 are insignificant. I presume u reset as well to try to get to the perfect 20...take it on the chin and just enjoy the game!!
Sums it up right there. If youre a highly experienced/skilled player then you should lose 20 after winning a couple in a row. And if you arn't a skilled player then you probably won't ever lose 20 in one game, unless youre a 1650 player choosing to sit in a 1500. ;)

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 pm

In2ition wrote:Just played with a pard that had fantastic stats. The last 3 games she lost over 60 points against players rated over 1500. She was near 1650, and ended up in 1580's. Where is the justice in that?? 17 games to get 150 points, and lose 60 in 3?? That is an absolute load of rubbish. 3 games where HW goes south and you can't call at all, and if you do, the opp has everything. Standardise the ratings for crying out loud. Let common sense prevail.
Also...a pet peeve of mine is people blaming the HW programming for their losses. Its a card game, these things happen in real life too. Anyone who blames it should first know a bit about programming itself and the code used to write HW Euchre, it does apply the 24 variables or cards quite well actually. It's math, deal with it.

-Todd

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Yep... your shuffle of the cards cost me the game not skill, you need to shuffle them better........

LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!