General HW Euchre Courtesies

whee1s
Noob

Re: General HW Euchre Courtesies

Post by whee1s » Sat May 22, 2010 12:21 pm

HI,The only thing I kinda disagree with is the loner on 8.Sometimes you need your P out of the way.But on 9 that's just rude,I don't care if you haven't had a loner in 2 weeks it's still rude.

suntigerdancing
Active Poster

Post by suntigerdancing » Tue May 25, 2010 1:15 am

Gee Whiz, I was gonna try and learn Euchre, but now im scared! I had no idea about all these rules....I left hearts for the same reason...I was just learning and didnt understand the PNP or the HIGH MAN DUMP, and left in tears, after being cursed at, zappd and kicked....maybe we should have beginner rooms or something lol.....
Raven whispers what forest mists beckon man to hearImageSARAH

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue May 25, 2010 6:51 am

Rarely do you find a player willing to take the time to teach a newbie....they would rather swear at ya and insult you and sit on their throne.....you can find out to play hearts online Sah and Euchre......I played with bots in both games for a long time until I figured out what I was suppose to do......heaven forbid we ask another player....also several guides are willing to play with you to show you the ropes....Sandy helped me in hearts....and Cher.......dont give up! 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Please do give me a hoy, I don't mind giving you a few hints about Hearts, I'm not the best player there, but I sure don't mind playing a few games with you until you are more confident, even if it's social games, I don't think rudeness from players is any different in any of the games at the moment.
I, too, have noticed over the years, the rudeness seems to have gotten worse, but it is not just restricted to one game, which is a darn shame because the majority of us just want to have a laugh and a little fun relaxing with cards and friends.
Pnp is a legitimate strategy, some players do NOT like you passing the queen and then leading spades, also some players do NOT like you dumping points on the high man (the one with the most points) It all just boils down to what kind of game you want to play, (sorry, this should be in Hearts)
Please DO call for a guide if someone is being rude to you in a game, we are there to help.......also use your ignore button it is a great tool, hugs, Sandy

suntigerdancing
Active Poster

Post by suntigerdancing » Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Thx boosh and Sandy. I dont know who cher is....I have tried a game or two of euchre with bots, and it seems like im missing the strategies mentioned in this thread. As far as hearts, thx for the offer! I know spades can be just as bad, and spend time there just greeting takes much time,,but hugs for suppport!
Maybe solitaire is my best best , LOL...tho im doing no better there, heheh

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 am

Yw Sah.....Cher is the guide Calculated Risk and she is a sweetie like Sandy... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

suntigerdancing
Active Poster

Post by suntigerdancing » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Thx booshy...can you ask Calculated aka Cher if I can have her IM addy...she is one i dont know....
hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz