Music

Cloying

Music

Post by Cloying » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:45 am

How do you skip a song if you don't feel like listening to it? There used to be a little music player that could control volume and skip songs and start and stop but its gone and I can't figure out how to get it back?

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Music

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 am

It works like a play list and if you go to the music folder in music options you can add and remove songs to your play list. You can also add songs to your play list folder from other folders as long as they are of the same format recognized by the program.

JUST DUST

PS - If you need more details, just post here and I or someone else will get back to you. I have many songs added to my play list other than the ones that came with the game.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Net Ranger
Active Poster

Post by Net Ranger » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Options, Audio.. in the Music Tab.. on the top right hand side, there's a button you can tick that says Controls.

Net Ranger
Active Poster

Post by Net Ranger » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:13 pm

actually that got me thinking.... all the HW music and sounds are midi files, but the player allows you to play wave files as well. I had a look through the HW files and i cant find the midis anywhere. Where are they stored? and is it possible to load mp3's in there, or other wave files? maybe someone from tech could answer please. i'd love to mess around with some of the preset sounds or add my own music playlist. the Law & Order (dun dun) sound would be awesome when i get euchred. Got it in wave file, just can't find where to subsitute it.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:17 am

Yes you can add to the playlist from the HW music selection window to anywhere on your PC.

Your playlist in the game is actually playlist.txt, however if your going to modify your playlist it is best done from the HW music window.

I have several songs that I have converted to play while I'm playing cards. Everything from Kansas to Led Z to whatever I'm in the mood for. I do believe it has to be in the midi format to be recognized by HW program. I haven't played with it for a while and found it was a lot easier to just use Media player to run along side the HW game program. OR just pop a cd in.....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Net Ranger
Active Poster

Post by Net Ranger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 am

yeah i found the playlist.txt file, but the actual midi files themselves are nowhere to be found. HW will play .wav files. It's not just restricted to midi. What i was driving at, was that if i could fine the actual midi files that are built into HW, then i would be able to swap them for my own. Seems odd that they can't be found... so far :shock:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:25 am

Check C:\Windows\Media. This was the path shown in C:\Program Files\Hardwood Hearts\Data\MusicDirs.txt.

My guess is you can add midi files to the Windows\Media path and the new files will be visible there.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 am

There is a great site for downloading free and legal midi files.

Check out http://www.mididb.com. You can search for all kinds of genres.... rock, pop, country, TV themes (Law and Order wasn't one of them though), etc. I pulled down a ton of Styx songs of course!

Save to your C:\windows\media folder and then select them into your playlist as was described above.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Net Ranger
Active Poster

Post by Net Ranger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 pm

hmm i never thought of trying to do it that way. I'm still baffled as to where the stock HW midi's are stored. The .txt file is just a reference to them. I'll give it a go though. Cheers for the suggestion Brian.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 pm

Net Ranger wrote:hmm i never thought of trying to do it that way. I'm still baffled as to where the stock HW midi's are stored. The .txt file is just a reference to them. I'll give it a go though. Cheers for the suggestion Brian.

Ok.. to add Midi files.....

1. Save Midi files to c:/windows/media and they will show up in the list.

If you can't do that ... then save the midi files in your music folder and...

2. In HW Options/Audio/Folders Tab From there use the directory to find the Music folder and add it. Now when you go back to the Music tab all midi files saved in that location should show.