Loppy Tables

CitySlider

Loppy Tables

Post by CitySlider » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi all,

its me, the "moth" agin.... after a long time *winks* .

im on holidays the last few days, so i have had the time to play some tourneys. and what did i see ??? lopyy tables all the time, results wasnt real. like 10 - 2 or 11 - 3. thats sure not the opps fault... thats the SERVER PROGRAM !!!! im sure im talking for the most pepps at HW. this server program needs to be fixed ASAP cuz its NO more fun to play a FAIR game.

so put the programmers at a table and try to fix this problem be4 xmas pls.

thx for listening Ollie aka City_Slider TD in Fire N Ice

DragonsRath

Re: Loppy Tables

Post by DragonsRath » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:16 pm

I have to agree with my good friend OLLIE. I dont mind lossing but not 10-0 shut out or worse. Make the game fun again please. We need to keep our members not lose them.

whinnipoohwawa

Post by whinnipoohwawa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

WOWZERS ain't that the truth....., I for one would love to see this problem fixed. I know I can play euchre, I may not be the best player but sometimes I look it or feel it because the tables are so loppy.. I'd love to have a close fair game and make it a fun and realistic card game! Let's get this fixed please!

sand18

Post by sand18 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:38 pm

I agree...so many loppy tables are just not realistic. In a real-life game of Euchre you don't see anywhere near as many loners and loppy scores. Is this the reason we have so many less players than we used to? This is a great site, the people are wonderful and the graphics the best, let's do what we can to remain the best place to play Euchre on the net!

shamrock23

Post by shamrock23 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Well i happen to agree about the tables being one sided,And players have made comments to this effect which does cause some rooms to lose players,they make comments like i cant win in this room the tables are bad.And we know its not the room,So on behalf of all TDS and players,WE need this problem fixed ASP before we see alot more ppl quitting hardwood and going else where to play that they know they will get a Fair and Honest game ty shamrock23 fire n ice

DontTellTheBoss

Post by DontTellTheBoss » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:58 pm

:? I don't pretend to know much ado bout' random deals & such things. I love playing at HW. The best graghic , & play to be found on the Internet. But I do know that after losing 4-5 games in a row with 10-1 10-0 scores. It just sucks the fun out of playing. Even winning at these tables aren't fun. I find myself drifting away from the tourneys because of it.
Rock-On

Ukrgawd
Active Poster

Post by Ukrgawd » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi! about the loppy tables. You know many of us wait till after work and the way alot of us will relax is playing a few games of euchre. Ok, we sign up and get ready to play and to find out it was another loppy table. 10-0 or 11-2. After that is really gets to be alittle old for alot of us. Don't know if anything can be done about this, but geeze. ty for reading this. Debbo aka bebbosaurus

doloris

Post by doloris » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:21 pm

hey all i for one love the ppl and graphics on hw very much ..however whether u the one on the winning side or losing side of all the loppy tables sure is not fun sort or seems like a waste of time and leaves u wondering why u even bothered coming on :|

srjoliveoil

Post by srjoliveoil » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:30 pm

i have to agree the table shouldnt always be that loppy....it happens way to many times to be believable.
srjoliveoil

Dreamy_Madness

Post by Dreamy_Madness » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:28 pm

I agree with all of them. I have been on both sides of those loppy tables and it is anything but a good game. This really needs fixing to make it a fair and honest game.

card player 1
Noob

Post by card player 1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm

I just got out of a game that I won 10-1 and look what happened. Someone saw fit to delete my response (with no reason given). I was the first to respond to this thread and thought how funny. Here another random thread is started about how the cards are dispersed so unfairly/ unevenly, badly. Look at the number of responses in just one day.

So Jonas, Hardwood, & Silvercreek by you ignoring us or telling us there is nothing wrong what do you hope to accomplish. Your customers are upset and talking about not using your product. Is your pride that strong that you wont give in and fix the problem. For almost 2 years people have been complaing about the problem and you ignore us, hoping we will go away. Heres a hint when we do go away we wont return.

Right about now I would even take another post by Jonas telling us there is nothing wrong.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: Random Deal Generator
by Jonas on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:09 am

Gart wrote:
Well, to be honest with you, I have no problems with them programming the random deal generator any way they want. But if they do, they should at least advertise something like:

"Play EUCHRE: for those that love loners and don't really want to use any skill but want to win anyway"

Or

"Who needs random cards? Let the computer decides who wins"

If they just truthfully advertised that the site is for players that just want to socialize and have fun and that the skill has been taken out of the game so it's "fun", then that's fine. But to advertise it like it's the "real" thing....that definitely ain't the case.

The cards are in fact random and we've gone to great lengths to make it so.

The problem however is that it might not feel real, and we're pondering having a mode that "feels real" even though it would be not actually random but instead we would just look for hands that are Unfun, or would feel unfair, and kick them out and redeal.

Obviously we would still keep a the true random deals, but one could opt to choose this more smoothed out distribution.

So basically we're saying that the dealing we have now is accurate and correct mathematically/statically. However, we would be willing to try to make an option to make it fell more fair for folks that don't like the brutality of random.

I will say on the record that we absolutely do not do underhanded things to prevent folks from doing well.
We do not plant loners or what not.
We don't target cards to certain players or seats.
Just wanted to make sure we're clear on that.

Its being technically as fair as possible is why we have been uneasy to even do the idea of the throwing out of odd hands, its potentially biasing, and thats something that we don't want to do. that said, the idea that we have wouldn't have any concept of who gets what cards, it would purely be checking the odds of a hand, and reshuffling if if the odds where beyond a certain threshold.Nevermind that Man behind the curtain!
Jonas
Illuminated One

Private messageMSNM/WLMICQYIM
This was posted on a simular thread here in Euchre forums, by Jonas, I have just qouted him here so you can see what he has said about this topic recently

I am woman I am strong

card player 1
Noob

Post by card player 1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 pm

That was utterly pointless grandma. If I say the sky is orange does that make it right, which is what Jonas is essentially saying. Since you have drunk the Silvercreek Kool-Aid and will defend them blindly how about you try and explain why people have been complaing about this for almost two years. And if nothing has changed with the random card generator why werent people complaing about it 5 years ago. Doesnt it even make you wonder a little why this is an issue now? Or is the Silvercreek Kool Aid so mind numbing that nothing matters?

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I think the issue that really makes this complaint hard to respond to is the concept that people have about the engine behind the scenes dealing the cards. I think a lot of folks think its some sort of elaborate system that would allow for something like predesignated hands and outcomes to the games. The code behind our dealing system is fairly simple. There are a set amount of cards in the deck and the system used a random generation to pass them out in a clockwise order. There's nothing much more to it then that.

Jonas had mentioned in another thread that we certainly could entertain the possibility of the system analyzing the results of the random deal and saying "Wow, there's 4 aces in this one persons hand. That's pretty rare so lets throw those back in the deck and deal again." The games could from a general perspective seem more average that way, but then the realism in getting the occasional out of this world hand would never happen like it does in real life, and personally I wouldn't want that. If we ever do something like that it will be an option, not a flat change to the dealing system. Perhaps we can call it "Boring Mode". :D

That being said, the deals are 100% random and there's nothing fancy going on the background messing with the deals. The code on table A is no different than it on table D, nor does our code even allow for that possibility as it is currently written.

Jason

card player 1
Noob

Post by card player 1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:25 pm

OK then why is this been only an issue for the last two years? Something has had to change. Why can no one answer this question?