Ignorance is Bliss

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Ignorance is Bliss

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm

I learned how to use Chopsticks (love Japanese food) long ago and very good at their use, not able to catch a fly, but can pick up most food except soup...... found out long ago no need to use chopsticks to "pickup" the rice and is more traditionally used to "shovel" the food directly from the bowl. Things are in my opinion much more spicey here than what you get in Chinese resturant.

Yes the busy places you see the people but for the most part I can't tell that their are really more people here than what you see in downtown NYC, or any other big city.

You do see people wearing traditional attire but bet not like it used to be, lots of suits now. You even see a lot of mini-skirts, not that there ever was much to mini-skirts. To me it is like an Americanization of China and they seem to be liking it for the most part. I'm real sure soom are not liking it, you get those looks.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Um
Last edited by Primal Instincts on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Primal Instincts wrote:
HEXA wrote:
I'm in China right now
Hey, Bring me back an authentic komono.. pretty please

Um.....arent Kimonos Japanese?....or both? 8)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Hey, Bring me back an authentic komono.. pretty please

Um.....arent Kimonos Japanese?....or both? and what the heck did I do to this post lmaoooooo 8)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Yes they are but I know what she was talking about.... the silk garment wraps. Not sure what they call them but I'll ask.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 am

Um .. Wanga! Image

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 am

The kimono (着物, kimono?)[1] is the national costume of Japan. Originally the word "kimono" literally meant "thing to wear" (ki "wearing" and mono "thing")[2] but now has come to denote a particular type of traditional full-length Japanese garment. The standard plural of the word kimono in English is kimonos[1], but the unmarked Japanese plural kimono is also sometimes found.

Pre-Qing Dynasty Chinese clothing is broadly referred to as hanfu with many variations such as traditional Chinese academic dress. Depending on one's status in society, each social class had a different sense of fashion.

The rise of the Manchu Qing Dynasty in many ways represented a cultural rupture with the past and new clothing styles were required to be worn by all citizens through laws such as the Queue Orders. A new style of dress, called tangzhuang, included the changshan worn by men and the qipao worn by women.

The abolition of imperial China in 1912 had an immediate effect on dress and customs. The largely Han Chinese population immediately cut off their queue as they were forced to grow in submission to the overthrown Qing Dynasty. Sun Yat-sen popularised a new style of men's wear, featuring jacket and trousers instead of the robes worn previously. Adapted from Japanese student wear, this style of dress became known as the Zhongshan suit (Zhongshan being one of Sun Yat-sen's given names in Chinese).

For women, a transformation of the traditional qipao (cheongsam) resulted in a slender and form fitting dress with a high cut, resulting in the contemporary image of a cheongsam but contrasting sharply with the traditional qipao.

I think you would be looking for a Hanfu in Chinese..... LOL short for "Hand Full"

JUST DUST

PS - LOL

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:12 am

So the question being asked us today is a philosophical one. Is ignorance bliss?

To a child, yes.

But we are adults.

This is the very thing that makes us god-like. This un-ignorant thing. The pride that makes us turn our heads in disgust. The thing that refuses to acknowledge the same thing within ourselves. the devil is a busy man.

The very thing that caused God (in the creation story) to gasp and say, Oh my! he/she is like us! They know!
They can discern. They can see the impurity of their motive and choice to act ignorant of it.
Because once they see, they are accountable for it. That is why we choose ignorance. Ignorance is a choice. It doesn't matter what others do, once I am aware of it then I know what I must do. Whether another person's actions are good, bad, indifferent, cruel, or unkind, matters not upon my actions. Honor makes no excuses.
We have the ability to chose between our own pride and that of denying a total stranger. But what if that stranger is myself. Will I deny myself? Only if I humble my pride and am brave enough to be honest with myself.

Ahhh do you see..

Grace finds beauty ...

Oh you were talking about cards? yeah cards suck. what about it? :) ;)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:17 am

Nothing, deal with the deal and life goes on....

There is that ole cliche... lucky at cards unlucky in love.... the premise here is if you play cards too much... well your not with your love one enough to get lucky there......

oh yeah and bliss.....

JUST DUST

PS - Besides does it really matter about the cards in the first place???? It's a game to pass some time away when you could really be doing something important like helping your kid(s) with a school project to enhance their abilites in the scheme of real life.

PS - Boy the food over here really does suck..... Chinese Whiskey is alright.... LOL. Found out about our security today and that they actually have a barracks on the first floor. Regulars for the Chinese army fully loaded.... /Ogre hides camera phone and treads lightly on the floor so as not to wake them.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:35 am

Sending Angels to protect our resident Ogre, and send him home safe to Mrs. Orgre and the kids, and us of course last but not least..........

Cards have always been a combination of luck and skill, same for dice, that is why its a game :) as Dust said its for fun and relaxation, and maybe to take your mind off the bigger things in life that your dealing with the rest of the time.

Relax, enjoy, make some friends, have a laugh and a cookie or two, they don't go great with grog but heck enough grog and who cares anyway LOL

Todays cookies are peanutbutter...........

I am woman I am strong

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 am

I am so unlucky at cards, one would think I would be very lucky at...

Elly's looking better by the minute!
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:02 am

I still just want a Kimono.. er Hanfu

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.