New Options

card player 2
Noob

New Options

Post by card player 2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:39 am

Jonas, Since you cant/wont fix the random deal generator here are some ideas. Take a tip from poker. Poker got big with the use of the hole cam. Why not give people watching a euchre game the ability to see the cards face up that way the person watching can see the different ways of playing. Obviously if I am watching a game and the cards are all turned up you have to elimate me from talking and maybe limt the number of people watching a game. Also why not make it an option when hosting a game to disable the fooms and/or talking during the game. I am so sick and tired of the fooms and the ridiculous & needless talking. I would love to host a game where there were no fooms or no talking.

While your at it fix the random deal generator/loppy tables.

Da Green Guy

Re: New Options

Post by Da Green Guy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:53 am

Card Player you have all that at your fingertips already.The games you are playing or watching you can watch on Replay and see all the cards face up to see the styles of play. You also have the ability to turn off fooms so you can't see them, and if you would like a silent game you can mute everyone in the game using the ignore feature.

The poker "Hole Cam" will never be used in HW because they can't disable watchers from IM'ing players in the game to tell them what the opponents have.

card player 2
Noob

Post by card player 2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 pm

As far as people IM'ing if the face cards are turned up for watchers that why you limit the number of watchers in a game. Maybe only one watcher per game and you can only watch one game within a certain time period between the same players. They cant stop partners from Im'ing each other now so what is the difference? As far as disabling fooms there are times I like fooms ie when someone is taking too long to play so why should I have to disable/enable fooms. Just make it an option when hosting a game. What the big deal. Same with talking; there are plenty of times where I dont want to talk. Thats the beauty of options. You dont like these suggestions dont use them if you host a game.

card player 2
Noob

Post by card player 2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 pm

And who here uses the replay feature. Its not the easiest thing to find here; just like these forums. If I am in the lobby and see a table with 1900-2000 rating that would probably be a game to watch with the cards face. Rather than finding it the replay feature.

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 am

card player 2 wrote: Also why not make it an option when hosting a game to disable the fooms and/or talking during the game. I am so sick and tired of the fooms and the ridiculous & needless talking. I would love to host a game where there were no fooms or no talking.
Card player, you already have these options. When you first open the game, you will see Play Euchre, Play Euchre Online, Options, Help, Odering and Quit. If you click on Options and then OTHER, the firt box there gives you the option of turning off fooms. You can also get to this option button on the left if you have already entered a lobby. As to tallking, you have a number of things you can do. The first and easiest being to just right click on each of the other 3 players in your game and click the ignore button....you will not see anymore talking. Click on the game or lobby tab on the top left box and close it. You will have instant silence the remainder of your game and no fooms. To save you even more steps...by clicking ignore on a player, it also stops you from seeing all his fooms.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!