Quickest 2000 Rating

Fargone Beauty

Quickest 2000 Rating

Post by Fargone Beauty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 am

Has anyone ever reached a 2000 rating within 50 games?

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Re: Quickest 2000 Rating

Post by GTO RACER » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:13 am

Not that I am aware of but I know Josh and Todd have a sidebet on hitting it under 100 I believe.

Go Todd!

;)

Fargone Beauty

Post by Fargone Beauty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 am

lol ok cool! thanks for the info. i thought 100 might have been a lil too many games for a real challenge, but it's good to have a target.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:19 am

Even with a 20-0 start on provie your still a long way off from 2000. Bad thing is one loss can take a big chunk until you get past that 20 mark towards it and even then that first lost your going to pull your hair out since it will take several to get it back. 1700 and even 1800 is not to hard with a decent pard. From there it's a fight whether your playing lower ranks or even ranks (why I say even ranks is that it's harder to win against them, they also know the game very well).

I do think 100 is doable... GL Todd and Josh.

JUST DUST

PS - I think I remember seeing a 2100 or very close to it once and not even sure which game it was in (I think it was spades and may have been hearts) but it could have been a dream... LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Fargone Beauty

Post by Fargone Beauty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:52 pm

I've since been informed that the 2000 within 100 games has already been done. Bre clocked it up in about 80 games with some nic called Asmorpsjhgewbjl@%^$%&#$@^ or whatever it was.

I agree with ya Dust. It's not an easy feat. But if you can knock up a 20 - 0 start and wind up at or about 1700... then thats 200 points playing against much lower rates. The following games can be played smart. Wait for the prime set ups. Players higher then you so yer guaranteed 15 points per win minimum. So from 20 games on, you could lose 10 games, as long as you earned at least 15 points from the rest of the wins. leaving a 40 - 10 nic at 2000.

40 - 10 are nice stats, but very achievable. I've had stats similar but wasn't as wise about what games i played.

I put the challenge out there to anyone who thinks they can give it a go.

P.S. Todd & Josh reset nics lower then 2100 8)

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Nope, never done that, that is an awesome feat by Bre. My Nic "Oh Me Oh My" reached 1950 in 82 games, then got killed for awhile. :( :(

Eennie Meenie

The G

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:55 am

Hate getting "Killed for a while"....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Ratwhowillbeking
Noob

Post by Ratwhowillbeking » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:03 am

Yeah that's about as close as i've ever come... over 1950 in about 80 games and next thing I knew I had 1850 in 90 games....

Oh and there's a reason I challenged Todd and not Bre... I'm not that dumb

-Josh

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 am

Seriously!

By all means, play well and we applaud you. But show me something truly unusual. Character runs deep. You wish to see a good player, I'll show you an even better one.. one that not only wins well, but one that loses well too.

:D

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 am

Totally agreed. Character does run deep. Huge difference in one who wins well and one who also loses well. Hard to "lose well" when you pick and choose games and don't sit for real series which would be a true cross section of random as opposed to "playing" the hardwood streaks.

Losing well is sitting and losing a long series game after game with any nic. Typically Brentie loves my rating points and I don't mind giving them because I steal more than my fair share from him.

A game here a game there chosen "just right," lol. That methodology is only there to showcase your wins and ONLY your wins.

I've never gotten caught up in that for that very reason. My rating is my rating. I ALWAYS win more than I lose and that's all I care about.

One thing I will say is that it is very disheartening when people ask you to bump the table rating down, and you do, only then to lose some pts and when they want to go bigger they won't do the same for you.

I play for money mostly now, HW is so predictable and everytime I do come back it's same old same old just different faces. It's funny the criticism that came when I used someone else's nic... yet they didn't even know the whole story. The "new" faces have no clue about me or my friendships before I came back on and showed my face this last time yet they feel free to make assumptions. Gotta love it.

Hey wait a sec... where's the Gatekeeper????????? I am so off topic its not even funny.

OK OK... ;) Here's a thought...

I would be highly impressed to see someone sit for 100 games at one time and see them hit 2000 without seat hopping or table changing. Now THAT would be a feat for sure!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Lets see 100 games played at an average of 15 minutes per game (1500/60 = 25 hours) plus potty breaks, drink breaks, food breaks (unless you bring a cooler to your desk) and every day life adventures... Ok, I'll sit with ya for 50 games.... and only a 100 if you can show me where I'll enjoy it too.... LOL

JUST DUST

PS - Call it a marathon game play.... need 2 more victums now.... we may even finish it in less than a day....

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Am onto dial a Pizza now, babysitter, have no kids, but i might have by the time we finish, hairdresser and mobile shower. Deal em up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eennie Meenie

The G

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Well I would be in too, maybe we could see how many would be interested and set a date (days LOL) to do this. We can do round robin, random or even predetermined pairs for pards. Just make some new nics and see what comes out and should be lots of fun getting to 100, I have a lock on my cave, a frig, and already used to staying up for long hours....

So we have 2....

JUST DUST

PS - come on AB, I know you can do it, GTO, WWW, Jeff, lets see how many games we can fill with 4 players for 100 games and see who gets there first... wimps will be shot....

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:02 am

GTO RACER wrote:
One thing I will say is that it is very disheartening when people ask you to bump the table rating down, and you do, only then to lose some pts and when they want to go bigger they won't do the same for you.
I pained me to delete any that you have written, but This (and I empathize) hits the high notes. Yes.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 pm

For an individual to have true bragging rights, the whole event should be a round robin.....that would reinforce the ability of the individual, not the partnership.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!