How does one become a guide in HW euchre?

BabyGirl09

How does one become a guide in HW euchre?

Post by BabyGirl09 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Would like moreinformation abiout being a guide in HW euchre please email me babygirlfrommisfits@yahoo.com or reply here thanks BabyGirl09

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: How does one become a guide in HW euchre?

Post by grandmaS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:49 pm

To become a guide on any of our sites you need to contact one of the guides that see's you around and have a chat with them. Thats for starters, they can go into more detail when you talk.

:cookie:

I am woman I am strong

Lv2BaGmePlyr

Post by Lv2BaGmePlyr » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:22 am

i woulndnt mind being a guide since i have been a member for many years with my Lv2BaGmePlyr name how can i do this ???

Bucky
Active Poster

Post by Bucky » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 pm

In order to actually see a guide in game lately though, you need to be a leprechaun, standing on top of a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, in a field of 4 leaf clovers, have a rabbits foot in your left pocket and a horse shoe in your right hand.

I've spent an awful lot of time in game over this little holiday break, and have not seen a guide in euchre, hearts or spades since before xmas. And they have not been hiding either. Because the rubbish that has been going on in our lobby would not continue had it been seen by a guide. Reports get filed, and seem to be ignored, guide get asked for repeatedly, and none arrive. I'm not one that is worried about guide presence. I could care less if they existed or not. But it would seem HW admin needs to make up it's mind one way or the other.

Is this a moderated, family orientated site or not?

If something has changed and it is no longer this way, then it should no longer be advertised as such. Anybody expecting a pleasant environment would truly be shocked at the lobby the second they logged in. It has become Yahoo euchre. I am waiting to log in one day to be greeted by "Hey Bucky, asl?"

Before anyone plays the "Guides need holidays too, or Guides don't get paid" card, there are plenty of volunteers. If there are not enough now to maintain the standards you advertise, then recruit more.

One last rant on this topic. When you enter HW lobby you are greeted by a banner "Please join us every Thursday at 9pm EST for our Guide Hosted Tournament. Sign ups begin at 8:30pm in the Hardwood Tourney Room." The last one hosted was on August 21 2009. Four months of new players expecting to see something happening every Thursday at 9pm EST. :?: :?: :?:
"Life is full of little surprises" ~ Pandora

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 am

Cant speak for Hearts or Euchre cuz I hardly play there altho I do own the games as well as Spades......But in Spades I have recently seen 5 Guides......perhaps its just bad timing and you are missing em.....but I will agree we do seem to need more Guides.....I remember when there was two or three in a room at a time.....do you have Guides added to your messenger service?........thats the way I contact most of em when needed......and if they are there.....they respond....... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

If interested in being a guide you can also pm the guides from here. :)

I am woman I am strong

rain_rain

Post by rain_rain » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 pm

I have only seen a guide once in 2 years in euchre,I agree they need someone in most of the time,I was a guide at iwin for 8 years and we always had someone in watching, didn't do much good, but we was there...one thing to remember when a guide is present, the players like to harass them,a good guide needs to understand the players needs, if you become one be fair and listen to what the players are saying, gl everyone have fun