New HW Upates?

whee1s
Noob

New HW Upates?

Post by whee1s » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm

I was just wondering if Silvercreek has thought about updating Euchre?You know maybe offer some new avatars,different fooms.I was thinking like how you can go to web sites and downloads cards maybe HW could offer a site to go and download your own choice of avatars and fooms.Maybe even have a way for the avatars to make verbal comments instead of fooms. just click on a comment instead of a foom.I think stuff like that would be cool.1 more thing real quick too, maybe also in the profile have it show your winning percentage too.The last update thingy they did was change -100 to smaller -50 which was awesome move,I think maybe we could use some more changes.

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Re: New HW Upates?

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 am

I agree. I mostly play in Hearts and all kinds of work is being done and has already been done to upgrade it to a super cool site where 1 is proud to play the game of hearts.I sometimes jump over to Euchre and play a few games and i have to tell you it has a very ANCIENT look and feel to it.Jonas are you planning to upgrade the Euchre site like you have done to the Hearts site? It would be very nice and give everyone in Euchre some much needed excitement.If all the euchre players who don't play hearts just go there just to see the difference between the 2 you would be very shocked by the difference :shock:
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 am

Well yeah, Hearts is kinda a testbed currently. We will eventually roll out the good stuff throughout.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Sort of like the "Oldest child is the experimental child" when it comes to parenting... if what you do with the first one doesn't work you don't try it on the next one.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Sorry Jonas,
But I gotta say your answer is not really acceptable. How many years have your paying customers been asking for updates for the Euchre site? I could care less about fooms. I want to see changes made for the integrity of the game. You know the changes we want, yet, we are still ignored. People have even stopped caring about voicing there concerns. The last post on the euchre forum (before mine) was a week ago. Yes my forum name is a direct reference as to how many of the euchre players feel here.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:54 pm

That's like shaking your fist at the king. This is a monarchy. Not a democracy. A business owner is at his own discretion in how he deems fit to funnel the company funds to keep business flowing. From what I've observed they are improving the site and the improvements are being tested and corrected in Hearts. Once that adaptation is complete, the other games will receive an upgrade. So to scold Jonas for not being attentive to our demands is childlike. It's not kinda child-like, or maybe child-like, it is childlike.
However, it would be nice if we were given a nod in our direction saying our voice has been heard and our ideas are being not just considered, but implemented in the new design that they will be so pleased to release to us.
Especially after waiting so long.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:42 pm

American Beauty wrote:However, it would be nice if we were given a nod in our direction saying our voice has been heard and our ideas are being not just considered, but implemented in the new design that they will be so pleased to release to us.
Especially after waiting so long.

You are partially correct. When has someone with authority given a legit answer as to what might be coming down the pipe for Euchre? Please take your time and look for the answer, I will wait for you to get back to me on that. I also wonder if people knew how unresponsive Silver Creek was would that have effected their decision to spend their money to "join". Heres one example, why doesnt someone from Silver Creek respond to you when you file a report? Should we even discuss all the suggestions made on this very forum that have gone nowhere? I guess I am just not a good "company man".

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Preferably I would like to say get the 7up variation up and running. However right now we're working on fundamental shifts in the underlying architecture of the site so we can roll out some cool stuff properly. Thats been keeping us really busy and I hope the fruits of that labor will start to roll out soon.

I do appreciate your frustration, and I hope we can remedy that soon.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:11 pm

I was thrilled to see that Jonas wrote,
Preferably I would like to say get the 7up variation up and running
even if it isnt on top of the heap at the moment. On that signal of impending action I have decided to cancel my funeral in anticipation of a 7up game or ten.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

Bucky
Active Poster

Post by Bucky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:28 am

Dost my eyes deceive me? I do believe this is the first time Jonas has actually confirmed a desire to implement a 7's up deck. Please dont let your momentum stop there Jonas... DO IT!!!! :D Hearts looks great. Nice works there, i understand the guinea pig factor, but moving it along and getting some changes into euchre is long overdue. Look forward to updates soon.
"Life is full of little surprises" ~ Pandora

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 am

What's 7 UPS.... LOL

JUST DUST

PS - I think a lot of happy people would be cheering this one
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:54 pm

While its nice "Jonas" has responded I would like to remind/caution everyone that hasnt drunk the kool-aid yet that these are the same people that have ignored us for 2+ years. He is going to need to do more than offer cheap talk before all is right with Silvercreek and me. New fooms and graphics mean nothing to me, yet, I have a feeling thats what they are working on. 7 up is also not the only change people have wanted either. The random deal generator is an issue, some wanted the ability to go alone on 9 addressed. Some wanted the ability to host talk free and foom free games. Some wanted the traditional 11 point scoring system in regular euchre (not British). I could come up with more in time. Lets just wait and see what our 2-3 year wait will bring us.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 am

I would like to say it isn't just slapping a few lines together to make a program, I have written a few myself and even simple VB programs can be buggy not to say this is anything like a VB program... I would rather have it right. So waiting is the choice we have, they really are under no obligation to even write one and we as players have requested the addition and I think it was a response that I can accept that it will be done because we asked, not owed.

JUST DUST

PS - Now you can go off on me too!!!

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 am

Oh I have met a true skeptic at heart! I'm not saying it's a quality I don't admire. I do. Even those of faith must question everything. However, I am curious as to why you put Jonas' name in quotes, as if implying that might not really be him.
Anyway that's irrelevant.
In answer to your question about why they don't personally respond to reports filed, let's look at that for a minute. To respond to each individual that files a report would mean hours of manual labor. Let's say 100 reports were filed in a day--just to give a round figure. That's 100 people to respond to. And if a day goes by with only half getting a satisfactory answer, then the other half has to be piled onto the next day's to-do list. Ok let's say some poor schmuck was paid to deal with the problems, and also to answer each and every email that comes through. It would have to be a full time position plus weekends and holidays, because as we know, gripping does not take a holiday. Let's say they were to dedicate company funds for this full time position, then you'd be faced with the serious issue of confidentiality. I do agree that perhaps one of those automated emails stating that the report was received would be better than nothing at all. As it is now, once a report is filed, it seems as if it gets sucked out into the hardwood black hole never to be seen or heard from again. Our red-headed friend has a valid point.
(on a side note, I am a step mother to 3 amazing children, it was my privilege to have raised them. And as well-adjusted adults they have risen up and call me blessed, and because of them, I am.) :)

I know fooms and graphics don't mean much to you, but you must consider that is one significant thing that sets this site apart from others. It is part of their bread and butter and cannot be dismissed as a worthwhile investment for their leadership team.

And about improvements to the site, I would like to borrow from Jonas' analogy of architecture. I live in an older home downtown. It's a beautiful home with distinguishing features, but it also comes with problems that desperately need to be addressed and updated. Why would I remodel the bathroom when the foundation needs to be under-girded and lifted up?

7and Up is in the blueprints. I believe that is a thing to rejoice about! And while they're at it, they might just give us a few of those other options you mentioned. (i especially dig the idea of a foomless game option.) Going to 11 without Brit rules would be great too!

:)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:03 pm

"American Beauty": You must really look forward to my posts. In response to your response of my response to "Jonas'" response; an automated response would be nice and to take it one step further, if actions are taken against a player due to a report that was filed I suggest, no demand, that "Jonas"/ "Silvercreek" send us a response that an action/penalty has taken place against the offending party. I further contend that Silvercreek has gotten away with doing absolutley nohing for me for far to long. Silvercreek: you want me to follow you on facebook so you can free advertising? Sure, no problem.....just be more responsive to the customers you currently have. To take things further I will even offer my services to go thru and weed out all those reports "American Beauty" claims Silvercreek receives.