New HW Upates?

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Re: New HW Upates?

Post by redheaded stepchild » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Dust In The Wind wrote:I would like to say it isn't just slapping a few lines together to make a program, I have written a few myself and even simple VB programs can be buggy not to say this is anything like a VB program... I would rather have it right. So waiting is the choice we have, they really are under no obligation to even write one and we as players have requested the addition and I think it was a response that I can accept that it will be done because we asked, not owed.

JUST DUST

PS - Now you can go off on me too!!!

Dust in the Wind: what flavor kool-aid does Silvercreek offer at the Induction Ceremony? I am not saying that the changes talked about in this forum are simple. What I am implying is that if Silvercreek hadnt ignored us for the last 2-3 years they would be further along than they are now.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:33 am

A skeptic I look forward to, a cynic not so much and it just so happened on my day off.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:22 am

All I'm saying is that when a company decides to make a change to it's product it not usually cut and dry that just because the customer wants it, it's whats involved in making that change and how will it benefit the customer and the company. What I know about programming it isn't just think about it today and change it tomorrow and your done... it can take months if not years to make changes because you want to get it right so the customer isn't having to reformat their PC/Mac or crash YOUR Server. The effort in my opinion yes has been a long wait for I too have asked for this change, sometimes even over kill on it, but I see it as a victory since it is now in the process of being done. I did not lose anything but I am now gaining some I (among lots of others) asked for. There have been many changes over the 9+ years I have been a SCE buyer and I still have only paid the initial costs associated with it... I think that is pretty good since I have bought 3 different OS's in that same time period for multiple PC's (and they all have my programs on them).

So thank you Jonas and team...

JUST DUST

PS - I never got the Kool-aid and I am not or have ever been an employee of SCE. I type here as always what I think and not what I'm told to type, one reason I do not guide anymore and it is nice to be just a player again and actually have more reason to say what's on my mind. You or anyone does not have to agree with me and I respect your thoughts as I would have you to do mine. So GL Red and I hope that when it comes you will enjoy the game and say it was worth the wait because it is good.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

up a crk
Noob

Post by up a crk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

redheaded stepchild wrote:
Dust In The Wind wrote:I would like to say it isn't just slapping a few lines together to make a program, I have written a few myself and even simple VB programs can be buggy not to say this is anything like a VB program... I would rather have it right. So waiting is the choice we have, they really are under no obligation to even write one and we as players have requested the addition and I think it was a response that I can accept that it will be done because we asked, not owed.

JUST DUST

PS - Now you can go off on me too!!!

Dust in the Wind: what flavor kool-aid does Silvercreek offer at the Induction Ceremony? I am not saying that the changes talked about in this forum are simple. What I am implying is that if Silvercreek hadnt ignored us for the last 2-3 years they would be further along than they are now.

You think that Jonas or any of the silvercrk staff are still paying their electricity bills with the $30.00 you gave them 2-3 years ago?

You think that a one time payment of $30.00 entitles you to demand anything?

Go look at the forums from games that people actually pay EVERY month to play, they are full of the same garbage you are spewing on this one. But heres the thing.................you ready?...........................NOBODY is forcing you to log in every day, nobody is forcing players in other games to fork out $10-$15-$20.00 a month. Silvercrk has more than given you your money's worth, and just like my 8 yr old here you are DEMANDING more.

Play the game or not, voice your opinions when you need to, but to DEMAND that you are paid attention to is insane.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Wow, strong line of words up a crk, no one is demanding anything. I for one know that if the 7s up option is introduced to HW Euchre, the player base will increase. Two things will happen with this format, The deal will take care of alot of the loners we see at the moment, plus players that have only known the 7s up game will play HW. I believe this is a win win for both sides. A few months ago i posted that, and i quote. "If the 7s format comes to HW i will personally sponsor $1000 to new Membership" unquote, that still stands. We all know that it's not cheap to introduce new formats to Game sites but this will be a very good option for HW as far as the Euchre section of Silver Creek Entertainment goes. :) :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 pm

I sure hope they have found more ways to pay that electric bill than my $24 dollars (original purchase) and think it was $39 total for all 3 games. I know they have...

I agree they don't owe us anything and I think for the most part when we offer our suggestions it is to make the product more marketable and would be in their best interest. I do not do their books or know their costs so some times what we think makes sense doesn't. Jonas knows what he is doing and has been successful at it, yes we ask for things as we should and maybe he will see it our way.

By the way 7UPs will make a nice addition to the game and I think all that have asked for this over the years should be thanked... so THANK YOU.. it will be fun playing it and THANK YOU Jonas for seeing to it, we BurgerKings get it our way...

JUST DUST

PS - Maybe I'll actually have some time to play soon
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!