to much chat and randomness

whee1s
Noob

to much chat and randomness

Post by whee1s » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:37 am

Yes,I to agree that the chat during games is getting way out of line.Specially the nh,njp,ncp,ne,ns crap.If you and your p or the other team plays a hand that a trained chimp could of played then that is not a nice hand.Now if it took some manipulation of the cards to get your point then that is a nice hand.Playing the right or gaurded left is not a nice save.You get stuck choosing between 2 aces and you keep the right one then that is a nice save.As far as the randomness goes.Well I too have talked with other players and read the forums on it.Yes certain stituation popping up over and over does smell a little fishy.Such as the back-to-bacl loners,9-6 loners,9-9 and dealer gets J as up card so on and so on.Like people have said if you truely believe this then apply it to your game.I have.For example i have my own guide line I like to go by.I sit read red during the day and blue at night.If I'm using a provi nic I always host.Last but not least when I think about all of this I can't help asking myself ,would silvercreek really go through the trouble of making sure the cards are dealt a certain way and making sure certain seats are hot or cold during certain times?Hmmmmmm

American Beauty
Grand Master

Re: to much chat and randomness

Post by American Beauty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm

I aint superstitious black cat cross my trail. <insert Jeff Beck guitar chord> waaa whaaaa boom boom

Kissing toads.::.crossing fingers.::.stepping on cracks.::.broken mirrors.::.pots of gold.::.wishbones.::.horseshoes.::.beginners luck.::.and yet another to add to our list.::.blue seats at night::.

To answer your question:
whee1s wrote:would silvercreek really go through the trouble of making sure the cards are dealt a certain way and making sure certain seats are hot or cold during certain times?
no.. wait that would be npp, no worries it was a vgt. nj even! I totally hear ya! :D

Oh don't forget Garlands of Garlic keep the evil toadies away! oh wait, that's trampires.. keeps the trampires away. toads are always welcome yay! :D

gtg ttyl :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

NightRider

Post by NightRider » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 pm

OMG!!!! lol Susan Susan...blood pressure check *grin*

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm

What! Chad. I'm as calm as a starlit night...even if that night happens to be July 4th. ;)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

card player 2
Noob

Post by card player 2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am

Yes there is way too much talk going on during games. I think part of the problem would be resolved if they make the social games rated. No one plays those games because they are not rated. I have asked for a game feature where no talk is allowed. I know you can "ignore" everyone you are playing, but, the game is still slowed down. So yes I agree it is a problem. But Silvercreek has a less than sterling track record in resolving customer complaints.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

I prefer fast games too, but I also think a small dose of the nicety doesn't hurt as well. Yes, I know it can be very cumbersome sometimes with all the gg, nj, wpp, nt, ns, ty, tp, vnt, gh, nh...etc etc ad nauseam, but from my experience that's what sets Euchre apart. I was amazed when I came here that my partner didn't yell at me when I messed up. This is the only game where instead of being rebuked and criticized by your partner for getting set, not only do they congratulate you for trying, but your opponents do as well. You won't find that anywhere.
It was so new to me that at first I would just watch. I asked a lot of questions too, because even after being at site for over 2 years, I still didn't know what they were saying. I didn't know that mpp meant 'my pleasure partner' and npp stood for 'no problem partner'. We didn't use those phrases in the game I came from.
I watched for quiet some time. I did not let anyone know I was a guide. Nobody knew me. I observed how they treated each other. I knew if I showed up blue people would treat me differently. I didn't want that. I didn't want to come to them with any status. I wanted them to know me first before I came to them as a guide. And to treat me as they did everyone else. And they did.

I was hooked.

and never looked back.