File that hold nick name details

Terry Brett
Active Poster

File that hold nick name details

Post by Terry Brett » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Can anyone furnish the name of the relevant data files i would have to transfer from previous computer to new one so that i dont have to key in all my nick name details again please?
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Re: File that hold nick name details

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 pm

as far as i know Terry there is no way except to key them all in again.when i had my old comp and got a few viruses and had to format my comp and once i got my new comp and had to redownload hearts and euchre i had to key all my nics in again which btw took me a over a week to do :roll:
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:04 pm

:D :) :P :o :D :) :P :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hmmmmmm 3000 nics huh! roflmao at you typing in alllllll those nics! I have a mental image of you hunched over your keyboard punching them in, getting r.s.i. (repetitive strain injury)hugs, Sandy

Juggalo Eric

Post by Juggalo Eric » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 am

you can request a list of ur passwords and user names from the log in area of hardwood just sel the forgot pw button and it will ask you to enter ur email address. it will then send an email out with ur names and passwords that u made useing that email adress!!! i hope this helps if u need more help add me to yahoo at juggaloeric@rocketmail.com and yes it is just like that for yahoo lol gl mate

Juggalo Eric

Post by Juggalo Eric » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 am

also u can hit the f3 key at any window to search for meida this may help u locate the file too gl mate juggalo eric

The Zee
Active Poster

Post by The Zee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 am

Hi Terry, there is no File as such however, there is a way to do so. If u can still get access to the computer you are trying to "transfer" this information on, then I can talk you through the process. Its a bit detailed to write on here. I am currently writing an app that will allow the backup of your key/nics data that will make this a 1click process. The information is stored in the registry and is transferrable between computers.

you can email me mattyg@paradise.net.nz if you want the full document on how to do this. It works for Spades/Hearts/Backgammon as well. Saves me a lot of time on countless Windows reinstalls :(

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Your right Zee and have used the registry to transfer my nics before, it is complicated and to lenghty to put in here and IF you make a mistake... well that's a whole other story, why I don't offer the method.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!