New HW updates Pt.2

whee1s
Noob

New HW updates Pt.2

Post by whee1s » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 am

Hi all and Merry Christmas,
I was reading some of the post about hw updates and my 16 yr old son was standing behind me reading them also while bugging me as usaul.His response was,"Dad you guys expect the creators of HW to spend their time making new updates to this game for free,that's bull-crap." rolled his eyes and walked away.My response was ,"wait boy what do you mean by that?" He went on to explain his WOW game and how every time they create new worlds and up-dates for the game you have to pay to get them.It made me think damn was i being selfish? Yes, I guess I was.If they up-dated HW with wins/lose%,7up,new avatars etc. etc..... Would I pay $?.?? to get the code to recieve them?YES I would.To all those I just PO'ed with the dumb idea to pay to recieve a better product,I'm sorry.

Bucky
Active Poster

Re: New HW updates Pt.2

Post by Bucky » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 am

<----- WoW player. Also happy to pay for new additions to the game.
"Life is full of little surprises" ~ Pandora

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:13 pm

My immediate thought was, WOW, aren't we lucky we don't have to pay for Windows updates.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm

whee1s wrote:Hi all and Merry Christmas,
I was reading some of the post about hw updates and my 16 yr old son was standing behind me reading them also while bugging me as usaul.His response was,"Dad you guys expect the creators of HW to spend their time making new updates to this game for free,that's bull-crap." rolled his eyes and walked away.My response was ,"wait boy what do you mean by that?" He went on to explain his WOW game and how every time they create new worlds and up-dates for the game you have to pay to get them.It made me think damn was i being selfish? Yes, I guess I was.If they up-dated HW with wins/lose%,7up,new avatars etc. etc..... Would I pay $?.?? to get the code to recieve them?YES I would.To all those I just PO'ed with the dumb idea to pay to recieve a better product,I'm sorry.
Sorry to say but your sons opinion is just that and incorrect to boot. Havent we all heard the rumors that participation at HW Euchre is down? How does one improve that? By putting out the same old crap? Probably not. I am assuming he has never played here and had to deal with some of things that need fixed at HW. At this time I am expecting Silvercreek to pay me if any new additions or features leads towards increased sales. Silvercreek is not going to make improvements unless we call for them. It has been clear for a very long time they havent been motivated to make such changes and the only way they will get done is if we continue to demand them. Yes I said demand. So tell your son thanks for his unsolicited opinion though.

Nth Entity

Post by Nth Entity » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:29 am

WoW is leagues above HW. The amount of games Blizzard Ent. sells (top selling games BTW) and how many people are logged onto their servers is gargantuan, like 100k++ people at a time compared to HWs 100's. In short, that company is huge and they are making extremely complex games that constantly requires bugs to be fixed etc. HW has card games.

The Blizzard game I used to play was Diablo 2. I was kind of jealous by the amount of effort going into "Borecraft" than D2 but when I started playing back in '02, that game was ancient. They are now putting a lot of work into D3.