Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Post by Jonas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Over the years we've had folks request that we separate ratings between major game variants, say partners versus Individual for example.

We're going to be adding more compelling access to ratings in the form of leader boards right in the game and on the website.

So my 1st question is, what variants of Euchre would you most like to see with it's own leader boards?

My second question is how should we precede, reset the ratings when we do the split or seed them with whatever your at now?

So option 1 would basically mean that everyone would start with a clean slate and would need to become rated on each new leader board.

The 2nd option would be to copy the rating you have now to each leader board as the starting point.

kmfl300

Re: Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Post by kmfl300 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Well if you plan on doing anything i think it would be stupid to reset everyones rating because people have worked hard to get them and we already have that ability ourselves if we want to reset.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:47 am

I don't thing resetting would be the concept. The question would be more like, do carry the old rating forward into the new multiple leaderboards as a starting value or start with a clean slate? The old rating would still be available.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am

jonas with creating these new opportunities with echure will a new version of the game follow suit?
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:40 pm

la24philly wrote:jonas with creating these new opportunities with echure will a new version of the game follow suit?
Yep, there are some fundamental changes so a new version of the games will be created. The plan is for the older versions to be interoperable as much as possible.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 pm

nice, it will make a great xmas present for a new version of echure

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

la24philly wrote:nice, it will make a great xmas present for a new version of echure

You mean Xmas of 2013, right? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Silvercreek and Jonas arent exactly very "cheetah like" in their "new ideas" I would say more "sloth like". :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

redheaded stepchild wrote: You mean Xmas of 2013, right? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Silvercreek and Jonas arent exactly very "cheetah like" in their "new ideas" I would say more "sloth like". :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
We're actually pretty far along with the new updates, I'm running builds on my machine right now. So its not so much theoretical pondering this time.

The leader boards for the trick games are yet to be fully resolved, and hence the post for feedback.

Baring any other disrupting factors, I'd think that we'd have new PC builds by the end of the year if not sooner and a beta period before that.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:43 pm

jonas, with you posting all of these ideas and feedbacks. I knew right then that you guys are ready to put something out. stepchild, can you please stop bashing the guy who runs silver creek please. if we didnt have jonas we all wouldnt be here together and have what we have.

redheaded stepchild
Active Poster

Post by redheaded stepchild » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Jonas wrote:
redheaded stepchild wrote: You mean Xmas of 2013, right? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

We're actually pretty far along with the new updates, I'm running builds on my machine right now. So its not so much theoretical pondering this time.

The leader boards for the trick games are yet to be fully resolved, and hence the post for feedback.

Baring any other disrupting factors, I'd think that we'd have new PC builds by the end of the year if not sooner and a beta period before that.

Famous last words........ I will believe it WHEN I see it.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 am

redheaded stepchild wrote: Famous last words........ I will believe it WHEN I see it.
You might not believe it even then :)