New changes ! Good or bad?

Tamara
Noob

New changes ! Good or bad?

Post by Tamara » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 am

Good or bad? huh....I purchased by mistake a basic membership for $9.95 even tho i was eligible for 1 yr premium one.
Basic one gives us nothing,we are not able to play rated games,we can not chat in lobby,we cant use any fooms either.Another words u are better off playing bots and save your money.Premium membership is $34.95 for a yr and includes rated games 1 nic per account and 1800 tokens i believe.U have to buy fooms which are 50 tokens per 10 fooms,i guess we really have to be careful how we are using our fooms lol.If ur a crazy foomer its gonna get very expensive hahha.Avatars and backgrounds are from 150-200 tokens . So u choose wisely lol
To be honest i dont mind paying but $34.95 it doesnt get u very much.What about players who play for rating...ok we have to choose one nic per account..and that can be a problem.
Should we choose 1700 1800 1900 or even higher I dont think so.First of all there is not enough higher games around so sitting and waiting in lobby is not an option,yes we can join any game and get killed so we dont have to worry about rating nomore lol. How about a monthly fee but give us the option to have multiple nics ,U cant build ur rating with one nic .
Ohh yes we can buy few more accounts but here we are talking about hundreds of dollars.Lets just hope that the old version its gonna stay around for a bit but i doubt it.
He bought my world :)

callme7
Active Poster

Re: New changes ! Good or bad?

Post by callme7 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 am

Wow, this isn't anything like i thought it might be. I have no problem in paying a yearly fee, infact i don't know how you guys have done it for the one off fee for so long. I can do without the Fooms and the fancy deals, but you won't let us have mutiple nics by themselves, come on guys that's the crux to the whole thing, with rated games. Players have multiple nics to build their rating, which enables them to play at all levels of the game, Lol it's called choices. One nic is useless, it is so restrictive and is favoured only by players that want to pass the time. 95% of your customers play rated games and have several nics. Put a yearly charge on each nic. Let them have as many as they want, and charge them. let's say 50c or so each a year for them. If i have 100 nics i have to pay $50 annually to keep them. (I don't mind, some might though) I am guessing that you could make reasonable revenue by selling extra nics, but please don't ask us to buy another account to get one more nic. Otherwise you will lose me and many many players. If they don't renew them, they then become unplayable. It isn't fair or feasible having to buy another account to get one other rated nic. Come on Admin, alot of thought hasn't gone into this. I am assuming 7s up Multi player is in the pipeline? If i play on HW anymore, i will stick with the old version unless you give us some decent nic and rated game options. Once again, i am in favour of paying, but be fair. :( :( :(

Eennie Meenie

The G

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:00 pm

The account thing is complicated, but we hope to be able to offer ways to have aliases or multiple names. Currently we have to have an account to hang stuff off of. In the past there wasn't any unifying thing to do that with. So what we need to do is now rebuild a way to do that having a central master account. I'm all for it, we just have our plates pretty full at the moment. So for the short run, you'll need to login with the old client for alt nics.

Do keep in mind, that we're not selling the core backgammon, Euchre or Hearts, or spades games in this model. You can play all 4 with your membership, and when you buy stuff its for all the games. I know its really different.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am

I like the new changes, plus the new builds just released 2 days ago make the new game even more better. I would like to see more fooms for the price of the tokens. I think when you buy fooms atleast 50 fooms per purchase.
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires