A paradox resolved......

the count24
Active Poster

A paradox resolved......

Post by the count24 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:57 am

In euchre the key to a winning strategy is to be aggressive. When I can make the bid I usually do because how can you beat a game where others are setting the parameters for you?

There are aggressive players and passive players in all fun games we play in life. Which brings me to the classic paradox: What happens when an irresistible force meets and immovable object? When you're the irresistible force in euchre, expect the immovable object to get pushed around.

By having an arressive strategy expect to be euchred more often; but there is no shame in that. You will prevent loners and your opponents may have a two point hand anyway...
always play your best, and keep counting.....

RockTosser
Active Poster

Post by RockTosser » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:32 am

Hey!!! Don't be giving away my secret!

Nautical_TD
Active Poster

Post by Nautical_TD » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:16 pm

Count what u have said is very true i find that if u call even if u only have the big bar and the ace u have the chance of gettin euchred but u must always count on your pard for at least 1 trick u can never know what your pard has in store also if u get the point it raises your morale which in turn makes you feel more confident :shock:

Gray Goose
Grand Master

Post by Gray Goose » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:41 pm

If we don't get euchred once in a while, we're not bidding aggressively enough. Just my opinion, lol.

I try to treat every game like STD. If I think I HAVE to play the hands dealt to me, I find it's easier to make a call. I sincerely hate to see those cards fly away - unless it's because my P is going for a loner!

Nine, ten, left is a scary call - but I have made it many times. Of course that could be suicide in a CUTT game, but I've made it there too.

GG

Nautical_TD
Active Poster

Post by Nautical_TD » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:55 pm

lol i guess this has turned into a nice little TIP area but i suppose it is helpful for some of the newbies to euchre so let us continue... Gray what u have just said is a very well put statement that i myself like to do as well but i dont play cutthroat anymore because it annoys me too much but when i did i would try it pretty much if i thought i could manage it even though it was possible to get euchred

mickodie
Big Poster

Post by mickodie » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:35 pm

We did have a Euchre tip post, so a continuation is great. Give the newbies moreeeeeeeee. :lol: http://www.silvercrk.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 80&start=0
Have Fun, Play Fair, and Keep the Card Gods Happy!