Failed to connect to internet

DJEugene

Failed to connect to internet

Post by DJEugene » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:55 am

Hi

I can not play euchre on my laptop.

My internet works perfectly fine. I can do all the usual internet stiff on my laptop via my home wifi not a problem.
I've downloaded the game and installed it correctly. The home page allows me to enter in my user name and password but as soon as I press the sign in button I get "Failed to Connect" message.
I've checked my firewall settings and have allowed all the correct permissions, yet still have the same problem. I have uninstalled and then downloaded the game again from Hardwood and still have the same connection message.

I have then gone to my mobile device where I have installed the game and it works perfectly fine, using the same wifi connection.

Can anyone help me?

sandbar
Guide

Re: Failed to connect to internet

Post by sandbar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure why it would work on one but not the other, but if it still doesn't work, write to support@silvercrk.com and put in subject line......problem connecting.

If it were on both your laptop and mobile you were having problems, I would have said that maybe the site was having a maintenance day. I hope you get a reply soon.........

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 am

I am always unable to connect if I happen to be connected to a VPN, which is likely due to a proxy server and firewall on that network. If the Hardwood clients allowed for proxy server configuration I would guess I could get through and connect.

Would you happen to be trying while connected to an employer's VPN?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

DJEugene

Post by DJEugene » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 pm

No, I am trying to connect at home. My internet is working fine. I have xbox one live connected, laptop, mobile phone etc all working through my internet wifi. Triple checked firewalls and all permissions have been allowed for HW Euchre. It's just the game app on my laptop not working :(