Euchre Cheats

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Euchre Cheats

Post by Terry Brett » Tue May 10, 2005 5:40 pm

There is a growing unrest in the HW Euchre room as more and more players become aware of repeat cheaters. I, personally have reviewed game logs against the suspect nics and find the calls and plays far too perfect on a regular basis. This is not possible in euchre, we all find a wrong lead or an over anxious bid. The person(s) involved are now aware they are under scrutiny and are trying different tactics to throw us off the scent. Throwing games, playing cheating nic against cheating nic, starting new nics etc. I have submitted a report to HW which involves 13 games against some of these nics. I had to continually change nics to be incognito, as when they realised my task they would boot me. I urge all players who suspect strongly a nic(s) is cheating to report it. WE WANT A CLEAN EUCHRE SITE!! It seems ADMIN has taken our cause to heart and removed the offenders. Cheers :D
Last edited by Terry Brett on Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hero
Active Poster

Post by Hero » Sun May 15, 2005 12:21 pm

I'm very curious who you have on that list.
Life is too short to waste . . . let's play some Euchre.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sun May 15, 2005 8:11 pm

You are not alone, Hero. However, that list shall be submitted to administration for their eyes only.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Tony A

Post by Tony A » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:24 pm

i see a lot of "i have this card i have that card" and that is ridiculous, ruins the point of the game.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:42 pm

Tony, you shouldn't be seeing that message during a game. That is "table talk" and it would be most helpful if you would file a report before you leave that table.

SCE won't be able to do anything about it unless they are alerted to the problem. You've taken the first step by bringing it here. Please take a moment to send the game log number to the people who can and WILL do something about all valid complaints.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:02 pm

As Nana said filing is your most effective tool as a player and can make a big diff. in how things go. A guide can only see what takes place after they enter a room and nothing prior to that. By filing a report within the room the game number will be included in the report otherwise you have to do a replay and get the game number that way. This works cheating, cussing and just plain old abuse.

JUST DUST

PS - YES, you can make a diff.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Stan The Man
Active Poster

cheaters

Post by Stan The Man » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:11 am

It seems that if u are a good player, and now how to read the cards, then u are a cheater, i for one very rarely will ever pass , i call on just about anything, but this makes me a cheater? I play with people who will call next no matter what, wether they have trump or not, sumtimes it works, sumtimes it doesnt, but this doesnt make them a cheater. maybe there are people who cheat on here, but some people take it a little too far, if u think sumone is cheating, file a report, dont sit in a game and go off on them, escpecially when u have no idea what your talking about. It is real easy to be the tough guy on a keyboard when ur cussing at a computer screen...............................p.s dont forget to send the game chat with that list im sure it is interesting

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:24 am

Good points Stan. I will sometimes make a call that is totally off the wall - and make my point.

When you file a report, the game log number should be all you need. To find that game log number, right click on your profile then click on WEB PROFILE. That shows your last 25 games. When you find the game in question, copy that game log number and add it to your report form. It will include any and all chat that occured during that game.

The easiest way to file a report is to do it before you leave the table - when you click on File a Report (from the game itself) it already includes the game log number and chat, everything involved in that one game.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:11 pm

The cry cheaters have been getting really annoying lately.

Most <MOST> (!) of our players DO NOT cheat!

If I see players calling others a cheat, it will be treated like all other name-calling.

Not tolerated.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:46 am

Well, it seems this whole cheating accusation thing has gone berserk since the recently cited players were banned and have just come back on board. I can not and will not condone what they did, but now they are back lets give them a fair go (although, personally I will not play them when they pair up, but individually is fine with a known clean partner). There will always be cheating, but lets get on with it, too many people are jumping at shadows. Just because a play comes off doesn't constitute cheating. If you are uncertain, replay the game (if you don't know how ask a guide) and make a judgement based on the whole game, not one hand. Any anomalies will show up if you continue to adopt that practice. SO LAY OFF THE NAME CALLING AND GET ON WITH IT. THE WHOLE SCENARIO IS WEARING PAPER THIN. Have a nice day.... :evil:

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:28 am

ITS JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:40 am

yes, it's just a game. All the more maddening when people cheat.

It's a place to test skill. Many kinds of skill. It takes skill to make the most out of a crappy hand. It takes skill to read the cards just right so that you can tell what's been dealt all around. It takes guts to call at times. It takes patience to keep your cool when others are rude. It takes goodsportsmanship to be a good winner, as well as a good loser. It takes a good deal of restraint to hold my tongue at times.

Test me, test me, test me in many ways. I fail, I fail, I win, I conquer my temper, I overcome, I am beaten... I know more of myself and of you. But dammit, don't cheat me.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:52 pm

WOW AB nice swing mode there. Yes it is very frustrating when someone has to cheat to win a GAME and makes the whole purpose of playing the FUN thing that is a GAME.

It does get on anyones nerves and cause adverse conditions in the brain which can and usually does results in a volcanic distruption and solaric arms want to reach out create utter destruction upon the object(s) that created this disturbance in realm of the force.

BUT,

We must calm, realize that it is a GAME and the ole words "Cheaters never really win and they will eventually lose it all" and take the time to REPORT the actions that they have taken against my RIGHT to have FUN at the GAME I LOVE TO PLAY.

It makes me a better person to not even acknowledge that have cheated me and contiue to play them while reporting the problem to SCE and if they are open at that time they can look at it live and see how many games they are cheating at. Yes this may effect my rating on that nic and take my frustrations a little further but then again I am helping catch that person that has decided that FAIR is not part of the dictionary.

This isn't the only GAME that cheating has been addressed, Hearts, Spades, Baseball, Hockey, Football, Soccer, Race Driving, boxing the list is endless.

JUST DUST

PS - If you don't deal with the problem the right way it still remains!
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

jdub4key
Active Poster

Post by jdub4key » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:10 pm

The argument that its just a game - relax doesnt compute with me. Why would I sit in front of a computer and waste time to lose. What is the purpose. If this is just a game go play Solataire!!!!!!

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:42 pm

The cheating problem has become much worse since yahoo introduced talking in real time. Before at least the cheats had to type messages to each other now they just talk as if on the phone.

Senario:-
Dealer, North passes a 9 of Diamonds, East calls a Club, leads a Jack of Hearts, South plays King of Hearts, West trumps in with Jack of Clubs then leads Queen of Clubs which wins East then says "gg suckers" and West TRAMs. On revewing the game I saw that West had queen up to Right of clubs East had Jack Hearts, Jack Diamond, Ace Diamonds and 9 + 10 of Spades is this a NEXT call?

This did happen I was South and I have my doubts.
Enjoy life