Euchre Cheats

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:53 pm

well i take chances but i cant say i would call a suit where i dont have a single of it in my hand.

but then again i am new and need some pointers. :lol:

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:47 pm

Sterlingchick123 wrote:well i take chances but i cant say i would call a suit where i dont have a single of it in my hand.
Sterlingchick - actually I have been at a table with all four players very well known and none cheat and one will call a particular trump with none in their hand. The people who do this are not doing it to cheat and they are usually euchred. This is one strategy to prevent an impending loner from being called by the next player.

I am not in anyway trying to dispute the line of this thread, but I did want to point out there are times players will make calls that appear odd, but they do have a strategy behind their play.

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:39 am

I don't think you read my previous post fully, the point is West, the player after the dealer had a dead cert point in his hand but called a suit his P had 5 of and he had none. We were on 2 they were on 8 they needed 2 to win. Also his cry of Good Game suckers after one card was played and he had no trumps proved to me beyound doubt they were cheating.

No one makes a "defensive call" with a dead cert point in their hand.

That was only one instance out of several during the game.
Enjoy life

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:30 pm

That scenario does sound like cheating 100%. You should of taken down names, copy and pasted chat log, and filed a report. Telling other fellow players who use this forum will not help the issue at all.
always play your best, and keep counting.....

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:50 am

thank you hw angel for alittle insight on calling trump as a defensive move. at first i only called if i was certain. then i started to branch out and take chances, and now i cringe as i watch an entire game of my partner passing on EVERYTHING... so i guess i am gettin there, but i STILL NEED POINTERS :lol:

ty again for the help.

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:49 pm

Sterlingchick, the next time you see V_raven, you can ask him for a link he has that gives quite a bit of good information on the different Euchre strategies.

tepake
Noob

Post by tepake » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:46 pm

Sassy Katy wrote:Sterlingchick, the next time you see V_raven, you can ask him for a link he has that gives quite a bit of good information on the different Euchre strategies.
Try this one:

http://euchre.homestead.com/commandments.html
Signature? We dun need no stinkin' signature.

TPK

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:02 pm

Much appreciated tepake and sassy!

8)

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:00 pm

Sterlingchick - here is the link V_raven gives to people for Euchre startegy.

http://www.bright.net/~double/hoyle.html

Thank you to V_raven

V_Raven
Active Poster

Post by V_Raven » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:36 pm

thanks katy .... and if you dont get euchred ur not trying hard enuf .. if u check out that link katy posted and follow it religiously u will probably be very content with the outcomes

jdub4key
Active Poster

Post by jdub4key » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:50 pm

Sassy Katy wrote:Sterlingchick - here is the link V_raven gives to people for Euchre startegy.

http://www.bright.net/~double/hoyle.html

Thank you to V_raven
Huh, Hoyle says the game goes to 5 and HW has a game going to 10. Is this another modifcation to the typical game of Euchre. This seems like a bigger modification than prohibiting going alone on 9.

brbrockway
Active Poster

Post by brbrockway » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:35 pm

jdub4key wrote:Huh, Hoyle says the game goes to 5 and HW has a game going to 10. Is this another modifcation to the typical game of Euchre.
The "original rules" According to Hoyle state that a game is to 5 points and that, in addition to Ace through 9 of each suit, you have an 8 and a 7 in each suit as well (for 32 total cards)

With that stated - have you EVER played a game of Euchre to 5 points with 8s and 7s as part of the deck? I know I haven't! Live or Online - I have always played with a 24 card deck (A-9) and to 10 points for the win (unless playing British :wink: )

It seems that over the years, the regular version that is Played at Hardwood (or Yahoo, Pogo, etc) has become the standard.

jdub4key
Active Poster

Post by jdub4key » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:04 pm

So your saying that over time there were modifications to the original Euchre until it became what it is now. Change: a novel concept. But everyone wants to attack me for a change that doesnt effect the outcome of the game but there were all these changes that have changed the game radically. Interesting.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:30 am

attack? where? whom?

just accept it. It's not happenin.

There is no credence for it. There is no reason for the programmers to spend umpteen hours reprogramming the game just so someones feelings aren't hurt.

Show me precedence.

Why should HW, that has not nearly the numbers that other sites have, set the precedence?

Sorry, it is not an attack when I say that you are asking way too much.

nite. :)

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:37 am

thanks for the help! 8)