leading trump

chrisdoggg674
Noob

Re: leading trump

Post by chrisdoggg674 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Dude im gonna say this one more time and be done with it cuz no matter what u are not going to agree with me no matter what, (do u know my x-wife? :lol: ) Between 1994 and 2001 i would get up from my cell and go play euchre alllll day long sometimes 16 hours a day 7 days a week. I know what random dealing produces and i know that playing all day long for hours on end i do not see as many loners as i do on HW period. There is no way to argue that when i was the one that had nothing better to do but study cards especially euchre. Even though we played for chips, candy bars, cookies, those were commodities in jail. I didnt want to lose my food but the only way to make it half way interesting was to gamble. So made it a point to become the best i could be and play as smart as i could with the cards i got dealt. I would win by "outplaying" my opponents. Sure loners were part of the game but i didnt have to sit there and almost know for sure if i have 9 and my opponent has 6 or 7 that a loner will be dealt. But like i said you r not going to agree with me and will make it a point to try to discredit my knowledge of the game we know so well as EUCHRE. Oh yea wanna know what my saying was about my euchre game, well here it goes anyways. I Play For Bread and Meat if I Dont Win, I Dont EAT!!! :lol: Needless to say i walked in weighing 156, i walked out weighing 219 :diamond: :spade: :heart: :club: . Im sure u will think of many jokes for that one so let me laugh now and get it over with :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 am

chrisdoggg674 wrote:Between 1994 and 2001 i would get up from my cell and go play euchre alllll day long sometimes 16 hours a day 7 days a week. I know what random dealing produces.
I have no doubt that statement is true.

I think the thing that's the problem in the deals isn't that its not random enough, but that it's more random than what is human. When you sit for hours on end playing with the same few deck of cards, its gonna collect stuff along the way in its journey from cell to cell, from cellmate to cellmate. And I also don't believe that people shuffle that well each time, a couple passes would do, but this random generator is a computerized machine. And it never fatigues.

I enjoyed this discussion. I'm glad you brought it up, Chris, it gives us new insights. BTW, you must have done more than just play cards, your writing has a nice flow to the ear. Don't be afraid to spit it up a little more with some paragraphs, it makes it easier on the eye. :)

Oh, one other thing I would like to clarify. The argument of Experience 1 verses Experience 2 between you and Garry. The two cannot be compared as far as measurement in time because computer generated card games play so much faster. I bet we can get in 3 games of HW Euchre to every 1 game of cards in real life. And consider that people at work can spend literally hundreds of hours playing these fast-paced games. Potentially can they boost their experience x3.

Anyway, keep it coming. :) AB
Last edited by American Beauty on Tue May 05, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

chrisdoggg674
Noob

Post by chrisdoggg674 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 am

Beauty u are finally one that atleast sees a valid point that actually will post it. There are plenty others that feel the same but see all the negative feedback im getting from this discussion that they dont wanna say they agree cuz i guess they dont like confrontation or..... well we wont know why they wont speak up till they do. But when i thought i was alone in this topic u come along and not afraid to say u see my point as being accurate. And for that i thank you :D :diamond: :spade: :heart: :club:

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Tue May 05, 2009 11:41 am

My pleasure. :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.