Too many loners!!

CPAScott

Too many loners!!

Post by CPAScott » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:55 pm

It is just me, or does it seem like there is an disproportional number of loner in hands (compared to real world odds)?

Aaxel
Active Poster

Post by Aaxel » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:44 am

I would say too many loners at the same time,Scott.Anytime i have a loner i can't bid for somebody else does it before me :(

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:33 am

It could be the players on hardwood are improving and becoming more aggressive.....therefor more players going alone. I will even go alone on LeftA, A,A,9 under certain circumstances and make it.
always play your best, and keep counting.....

jdub4key
Active Poster

Post by jdub4key » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:36 pm

the count24 wrote:I will even go alone on LeftA, A,A,9 under certain circumstances and make it.

More of the Count bragging about his skill.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:07 pm

He isn't bragging, he's just saying how he plays.
Andy and I partner together all the time. We get euchred plenty and we euchre. We make plenty of loners (He does try more than I) and we make it on thin calls.

I have learned so much from playing with him. Not just about cards and the game, but about attitude. He has an extremely humble attitude. He treats his partners well. He is always kind, and while he does correct, he never scolds. It's been my priveldge to partner with him. And I'll brag on him all I want. :)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

V_Raven
Active Poster

Take a look at your skills

Post by V_Raven » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:36 am

not a shot but if you think that count was bragging you need 2 take a refresher course ...... i did put a link below... and i reread this periodicly ... as far as the disproportionally thing PFFFFTTTTT the cards are typically lopsided in life and hardwood if one has a loner chances are someone else has loner in the other color .... THINK ABOUT IT..... play the game dont think about it so hard and your ratings will soar.... and eat several aces everyday :lol:

http://www.bright.net/~double/hoyle.html

starfire
Grand Master

Post by starfire » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:00 am

There is a lot of player think this way I know I do this a lot.
If I know my hand is going to make 4 tricks I will go for a loner and see if I can pull that last trick. There 4 suits they are not going to lead trump so that leaves 3 suit to pick from to lead If you get lucky and they lead one you do not have your in there most times cut first lead then bring out the bosses and hope the last card they hold back is not what you have. I made loner with a 9 for off suit because other team keep wrong suit back.
It is like a roll of the dice sometimes it works other times it does not you still get points just 1 not 4.

V_Raven
Active Poster

Post by V_Raven » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:44 pm

heck i go set on a loner once in a blue moon cause i try 2 thin ..... my oppts never ever complain about that :lol: